Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
I got my first Nightforce in the mail yesterday.

Which NF did you end up getting?

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Originally Posted by Judman
yep it’s a huge secret, the 40% military, law enforcement first responder discount that I and thousands of others receive!!!!! Shhhhh! Keep it a secret!!! Lmfao

This, I don’t recall Vortex, NF, Bushnell, Trijicon, Burris, Leupold, USO or any other optics manufacturer that offers industry/mil/Leo/ public service discounts stating that the price was a secret. Hell of the 468 vendors I get my discount through not a 1 has said to keep the price secret that I can recall, just not supposed to buy for others not that anyone ever would........

I did not say anything about the 40% discount. The stuff started about the 50% and up discounts. The optics dealers do not want the pro staff, guides (though most are at 40%) and such talking about their discounts and they watch that very carefully. They do not want retail counter people talking about their discounts. if someone is caught buying for others in most cases they are kicked out of the program for life.

Vortex is no different in that regard than Leupold, Nikon, Trijicon or about all others.
Geezus you're so full of shyt I can smell you from here. Quit making shyt up to try to make yourself sound like the all knowing expert you think you are. I get the industry professsionals discount from MANY VENDORS not just optics but firearms, air guns, archery, stocks, you name it. If it's outdoor sporting goods/hunting/shooting related I probably get a discount. NONE have ever said a thing about keeping it a secret. The industry discounts vary from one vendor to another. Vortex just happens to be one that is 50%.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Lonny

NXS 3.5-15X50 MOAR zero stop illuminated

AND I did not pay retail. BAHAHAHA. Retail is for sucker (Cosmo Kramer)

Last edited by Sakoluvr; 07/04/18.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Leupold still makes a good scope and yes Leupold might have lost a little in sales too but its still the work`n man`s scope, right now probably the best scope out there is Nightforce but they cost a lot more too , in FTR class`s and Bench rest shoot`s most shooters are using Nightforce scopes now,the turret system on a Nightforce is so reliable,and that is one of the reasons Leupold has not done as well. another reason is our military use`s Nightforce scopes alot too and the advertisement showing the bullet hole on/in a nightforce scope used by a American sniper caused by a shot from a enemy sniper proves a lot too about how rugged a Nightforce scope is and that hurts Leupold a lot too .

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Look forward to your thoughts.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They do not want retail counter people talking about their discounts. if someone is caught buying for others in most cases they are kicked out of the program for life.

Vortex is no different in that regard than Leupold, Nikon, Trijicon or about all others.

I used to work behind a gun counter as a p/t job, and this is true.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Sounds dandy!

Now, if you tell me you got 50% off, or even 40% off, I'll be jealous as hell!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Originally Posted by Judman
yep it’s a huge secret, the 40% military, law enforcement first responder discount that I and thousands of others receive!!!!! Shhhhh! Keep it a secret!!! Lmfao

This, I don’t recall Vortex, NF, Bushnell, Trijicon, Burris, Leupold, USO or any other optics manufacturer that offers industry/mil/Leo/ public service discounts stating that the price was a secret. Hell of the 468 vendors I get my discount through not a 1 has said to keep the price secret that I can recall, just not supposed to buy for others not that anyone ever would........

I did not say anything about the 40% discount. The stuff started about the 50% and up discounts. The optics dealers do not want the pro staff, guides (though most are at 40%) and such talking about their discounts and they watch that very carefully. They do not want retail counter people talking about their discounts. if someone is caught buying for others in most cases they are kicked out of the program for life.

Geezus you're so full of shyt I can smell you from here. Quit making shyt up to try to make yourself sound like the all knowing expert you think you are. I get the industry professsionals discount from MANY VENDORS not just optics but firearms, air guns, archery, stocks, you name it. If it's outdoor sporting goods/hunting/shooting related I probably get a discount. NONE have ever said a thing about keeping it a secret. The industry discounts vary from one vendor to another. Vortex just happens to be one that is 50%.

Well, I guess this purty much confirms that the horse has left the barn....So, who’s up for sharing 50% off retail for a NF? Anybody, hello! 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beaver10
This seems to be the feelings about almost everyone who’s owned one except Sitka Deer. I’ve owned 7 Vipers and sent 6 down the road. The last one sits on a custom 204 bench gun that doesn’t get shot much.

Vortex hasn’t proven itself to be any better than most other scope manufacturers turning out dope dialing scopes. Failure is failure! I could give a schit whether a scope company is number 1, 2 or 10th highest in sales revenues. It’s not money in my pocket but the other way around...My money is going to buy a scope.

I would expect it to be of the quality I paid for in dollars and continue to work as advertised. I don’t care who’s pumping the Vortex “Pom-poms” on this thread...😎

I’ve owned a lot of different Vortex scopes. The lower end stuff is no different than scopes at a similar price point from Leupold, Burris, Bushnell, etc. Failure rate is high when you start asking the scopes to operate mechanically on a consistent basis. But I have also put thousands of rounds downrange under a couple of PST’s and a Razor (all Gen 1), and all scopes tracked, RTZ, and held zero perfectly. I’m sure some of these higher end Vortex scopes fail, as well, but my particular samples were some of the most reliable scopes I’ve ever owned, among many in my safe that are well-known for reliable mechanical function.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got my first Nightforce in the mail yesterday. Like ole Jed Clampett says, happier than a itchy pig rubbing against a rail fence. The zero stop clutch mechanics is a sweet system. Wee doggies!

Does anyone know why Nightforce says under no circumstances should turn in mounts be used? I get not using the piece of crap rear windage mount. Tube alignment issues?
the mounting system is bush league that is why

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V Vipers with Kenton LR dial turrets...No, mine were not PST or Razor line...It seems Gen 1’s were built better than the later 2’s.
This thread has gone from a Leupold bash party to a parade of love for Vortex, which doesn’t hold water in either bucket.

Facts are simple and known. Leupold has a failure rate on knob turning higher end scope. But, so does Vortex. This squabble appears to end somewhere in the middle...As you pointed out; Both companies, as well as others, selling boxes in the low to mid range category have basically suck scopes...Who sucks more? I really don’t care, unless I own a scope that has a problem.

You haven’t had issues with your Vortex higher end scopes. But you have with Leupold’s. There are others here who are in reverse of what you’ve experienced...This thread doesn’t need a Form test to determine rugged repeatability of either Vortex or Leupold, he’s already made his experiences known. Both mfgs have failed before his eyes. It just depends as it always does and will, on what each person has experienced for himself. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I think Leupold is rapidly losing market share. They have been for the last 10 years or so.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What is funny is you do hear online of lots of people having issues with their vortex stuff. Some how it never ends up in a huge complain fest though. Some how vortex manages the complaints and no one gets too bent out of shape, figuring out why that is should be the top priority of leupold. Maybe leupold should pull a black and decker and start a dewalt. Have higher end stuff under a different label.
It may just be that vortex is a newer brand and more people are too afraid the product they just bought sucks.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Sounds dandy!

I wish!!

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Sounds dandy!

I wish!!

have 2 of those, best groups 2 3/4" at 800 yards, sub half MOA at 1000 yards. you should be happy with it. I think that is one of the problems with the whole FFP vs SFP, while that NF scope is pretty darn big, a lot of guys seem to think they need the hubble telescope to shoot long range. SFP works awesome in a scope of medium power range. 5-20x 6-24x etc those are for varmint shooting off a bench and load development.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
They do not want retail counter people talking about their discounts. if someone is caught buying for others in most cases they are kicked out of the program for life.

I've worked behind the gun counter at a sporting goods store and have several friends and coworkers who do currently. The discounts I got and they get are from the sporting goods store where they work, not the manufacturers/importers.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Rumor has it that NF discount is pretty close to this range. I mean I get the discount but don’t want to get in trouble with the campfire industry police for confirming the discount amount........

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"I can get them for 50% of MSRP."

"Well then you don't work in the industry or you would be able to buy Vortex optics for 50% of MSRP directly from Vortex."

"I'm absolutely 100% correct on that you bloviating azzhole. I work in the industry and can buy Vortex scopes for 50% of MSRP through the industry purchase program. The fact that you obviously don't even know about the industry purchase program speaks volumes."

"I don't think the manufacturers give a shyt. Sure never heard that they do and I've worked for one and talked to representatives from many others for years. You want the discounts, get a job in the industry. Anybody that works in the industry gets the industry professionals discount. As per usual, you don't know shyt and are way more knoeledgeable in your own little mind than in reality."

"Geezus you're so full of shyt I can smell you from here. Quit making shyt up to try to make yourself sound like the all knowing expert you think you are. I get the industry professsionals discount from MANY VENDORS not just optics but firearms, air guns, archery, stocks, you name it. If it's outdoor sporting goods/hunting/shooting related I probably get a discount. NONE have ever said a thing about keeping it a secret. The industry discounts vary from one vendor to another. Vortex just happens to be one that is 50%."

I've worked behind the gun counter at a sporting goods store and have several friends and coworkers who do currently. The discounts I got and they get are from the sporting goods store where they work, not the manufacturers/importers.

All quotes of yours from this single thread. Aside from the incredibly obvious lies, is part-time past employment at a retail counter at a big box store really "working in the industry?"

And you do not have a clue how the system works leading me to believe even this come-clean post includes lies... laughing!

Last edited by Sitka deer; 07/04/18. Reason: Added quotation marks for clarity

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beaver10
V Vipers with Kenton LR dial turrets...No, mine were not PST or Razor line...It seems Gen 1’s were built better than the later 2’s.
This thread has gone from a Leupold bash party to a parade of love for Vortex, which doesn’t hold water in either bucket.

Facts are simple and known. Leupold has a failure rate on knob turning higher end scope. But, so does Vortex. This squabble appears to end somewhere in the middle...As you pointed out; Both companies, as well as others, selling boxes in the low to mid range category have basically suck scopes...Who sucks more? I really don’t care, unless I own a scope that has a problem.

You haven’t had issues with your Vortex higher end scopes. But you have with Leupold’s. There are others here who are in reverse of what you’ve experienced...This thread doesn’t need a Form test to determine rugged repeatability of either Vortex or Leupold, he’s already made his experiences known. Both mfgs have failed before his eyes. It just depends as it always does and will, on what each person has experienced for himself. 😎

Yup, and you'll notice that I'm not buying anymore Vortex scopes based on the track record that Form has reported on dozens of Razors and PST's (I'm also not buying anymore Leup's, in fairness). But, those few PST and Razor scopes worked for me for thousands of rounds and a lot of dialing, so I must have gotten a couple of the good ones wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

We had the option of buying through the store and getting a reasonable discount, or ordering direct from the manufacturer/importer. The discount was better direct from the manufacturer, but we were limited to a certain number of items per year, going that route.

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

353 members (10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 17CalFan, 264mag, 270winchester, 10gaugeman, 28 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,430
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.