Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Have been working with my new single shot 223, really like the gun but would like to tighten up the groups a little. I'm confident some handloads will help but the trigger could use some serious help. Cocking the hammer takes a serious effort too. I haven't located a spring kit or even any information on improving the trigger, has anyone here tinkered with theirs yet?

GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
How's the takedown work with Henry single shot? Is it like the singles that have a pop-off forend held on by spring tension, or does it require unscrewing something?

I've only seen and handled a Henry single 20 guage shotgun, but I was pleasantly surprised by the finish and details! Didn't get a chance to ask the gunshop about the takedown procedure.

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
The pivot pin is held in by a detent ball, the pin pushes out with a nylon punch. To access the trigger assembly remove the rubber recoil pad and you'll see a hex head bolt inside the stock. Remove the bolt and stock and you'll have access to the hammer and trigger assembly. I'm still playin with mine tryin to get it the way I want it. Really like the gun.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
So you can't remove and replace the barrel and forend onto the receiver easily without tools? This sounds more like the takedown on T-C Contender Carbine than a Savage 219 or an H&R, (Not a deal breaker; I use both of those, too.).

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
The contender breakdown is a fair comparison except the forearm doesn't need removal. . A punch to push the pin out is handy but not necessary, finger pressure will suffice.

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Sounds excellent for my purposes--I like to carry takedown arms taken down to make them easier to pack in trucks and car trunks and make them look less like a firearm. As one of my cop friends always says: "Never give away 'probable cause' for free!". I also think that the crosspin type of action is more rigid and stronger than the friction/spring locking systems of some of the older break actions. Since I'm considering a .243, strong and rigid are GOOD things!

FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (6mmCreedmoor, 1_deuce, 257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 16 invisible), 1,651 guests, and 948 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.