-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Anyone have any direct experience or info on their accuracy?

These are fairly new & there doesn't seem to be much info available.

MM

GB1

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I put a 20" fluted on my last build - I think its a great barrel for what I paid for it. Always 5 shot groups < 1"
I think the profile and weight is a good fit for a 20" rifle.
I think ( on a basis of 1 barrel ) they are a quality option.
The gunner profile is the next one I'll try.
I don't think they're a good deal at full price, but a lot of online sellers discount them,

Never tell your problems to anyone. 20% don't care and 80% are glad you have em.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thank you.

MM

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I have built over 50 uppers with Faxon Barrels .....They were all very good shooters....I have the Gunner on my light weight Build very good shooter....I also have the 18 inch flame fluted 5 R on one of my rifles.....You can cover 10 shots with a quarter at 100 with match grade ammo....

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the info, sound like you like them. grin

MM

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Hard to go wrong with Faxon or Ballistic advantage great Barrels for a Good price....

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a stainless fluted 18" 308 5r. Shoots great.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
.....and I have had the other kind of luck.

Both Faxon barrels..terrible accuracy.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
How about their shorty barrels?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by acloco

I seriously want to see the guy that shoots 10 shot groups, that you can "cover with a quarter" (sub .912 moa) post up or shut up.. We got just the right thread for that one. wink That would knock MM out of his spot. Montanaman likes accuracy, as do most of us here.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I saw a post related to 5 shots into under a MOA but did not catch the 10 shots into .9MOA? I am going to have to shoot it again as Photo douche bucket took my pictures down. I think I shot one with a chromed pencil barrel and another with a Noveske barrel.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

I seriously want to see the guy that shoots 10 shot groups, that you can "cover with a quarter" (sub .912 moa) post up or shut up.. We got just the right thread for that one. wink That would knock MM out of his spot. Montanaman likes accuracy, as do most of us here.

Actually, I have 3 different rifles in the top 15 or so, each with only one entry...............when I get to it, I might try to improve a little, at least on the 3rd gun with an average just over MOA. I shot it with a 6x scope & I probably can do a little better with more XX's.

As to the Faxon barrels, thanks for the replies...................there are lot's of good barrels out there & lots that are not so good.

I've more or less made up my mind that for any really "high precision" builds, I'm going to stick with WOA, Compass Lake, Lilja or maybe Craddock as a source. 3 of them handle very high quality barrel blanks from highly regarded sources & Lilja has his own. Probably make the decision based on who has what available when I want it.

I don't think Faxon quite falls into the same category as they above mentioned do, but for anything other the trying to wring the very last bit of accuracy out of a gun, I'm sure they are fine or maybe they are better even than I am giving them credit for being since I've not used any of their stuff.

But for "less-than-high precision" (whatever that might mean to you) builds, I think I'll stick to Rise Armament as I've had good success with a couple of barrels I've used from them; one of their barrels was used in the BRC referenced to above.

For the record, WOA are just about the nicest & most accommodating people in the industry & will bend over backwards to do what you want when you want it, if it's possible to do. Their barrels also foul very, very little & clean up with minimum effort as a plus.

MM

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by acloco

For the record.....I did not shoot the Group it was a Friend Of mine who I loaned the rifle to..... He is a No bullshit kind of guy....I did not see the Target...I was stating what he told me.....I will Shoot a 10 shot group...With this Rifle Later this Fall when I go to my Property and Range in Ky and will post the results no matter what the group size..... whistle

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by local_dirt

A buddy of mine has a 10.5" light weight, carbine gas Faxon. It's ok, but nothing to write home about. I threw a 10x on it and even with my hand loads it wouldn't break an inch, about 1.5" was the best it would do for 5 rounds.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by local_dirt

A buddy of mine has a 10.5" light weight, carbine gas Faxon. It's ok, but nothing to write home about. I threw a 10x on it and even with my hand loads it wouldn't break an inch, about 1.5" was the best it would do for 5 rounds.

That's not too bad for a strictly hunting gun. I don't know that it would pass muster for those here demanding moa accuracy, though.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 65 invisible), 2,682 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,256
Posts18,467,037
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.