Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kid0917
Originally Posted by rost495

I can figure out Canada paperwork for guns, what the hell would the US want?

I don't think he meant hard to get the guns into AK, just need a passport to re-enter the US.

Rost,

Have a copy of your Canadian paperwork to show US Customs......don't lose it. US wants you to prove you didn't
acquire the firearm in Canada. I have a Canadian PAL [possession and acquisition license] so I don't have Canadian
paperwork.......therefore I acquire an export permit form US Customs before leaving US.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm thinking a simple shotgun of some type, may have to buy a simple double, but would like the 870 instead.

I can figure out Canada paperwork for guns, what the hell would the US want?

Food, I'm simple, I"m by myself. Loaf of bread... sleep in the truck mostly.

Will remember Contact Creek if I see it.

No expert on bringing guns, but must have “call ATF” on my forehead or something.

Back in the 80’s, traveling by bus (almost empty at that) I was questioned about weapons in my luggage.

“No, none.”

Then, did I happen to own any handguns?

“Yes”

“Where are they?”

Repeat. But they never searched.

Another occasion I had a cased 45-70 up on top for inspection if necessary. Declared It straight away. (No paperwork back then.)

They immediately put me at the curb and had everything inside the car out on the ground. Finding no handguns up inside the seats, behind the dash , or elsewhere- and with a trunkbevery bit as intimidatingly stuffed as the interior had been, they quit. (Sure glad they stopped when they did. I suspect that 41 Remington Magnum ammo in the trunk might have tripped a trigger or two. )

And here I thought they were looking for a bag of weed, or something.

Last edited by Klikitarik; 07/09/18. Reason: Damned smart phones.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Damn... and I was hoping to bring along some handgun ammo even though the handguns would already be there.... LOL. Maybe I just have to bring brass or components only.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Technically and legally one would think that would be okay. And I know drugs are an issue, especially at certain crossings, but they get real serious about handguns as well. I just use the USPS when shipping components anymore. A piece of plywood in the bottom, (or a complete wooden box) to fit perfectly inside a Flat Rate box and you’re golden. In fact I have 50 pounds of 22, 30, 375, and 45 cal bullets I cast this summer from discarded gillnet leadlines sitting in a medium flat rate box ready to ship. 😎. They may not like it, but “if it fits, it ships”! 😁

R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
No handguns. I know better than that. LOL.

Might have to think about shipping, but part of it was the ability to bring what loaded ammo I have already... but I know.. can't have it all.

Drugs will all be RX stuff with my name on it, mostly for kidney stones, and antibiotics for the trip. No alcohol. Don't do the illegal drugs and never have.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As long as you are aware of their sometimes intense suspicions of those two things especially. It may be a breeze, and apparently often is, but you never know. One kind of places themselves at their mercy on the borders.

R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
I'm sure a truck with a slide in camper pulling an airboat will get some kind of extra attention....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If they hate airboats in Canada as much as we hate them in Alaska... you may have trouble... They might be afraid you will drop it off in their country!

wink

Last edited by Sitka deer; 07/10/18.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Love you too. Best boat I've ever had.... LOL

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Love you too. Best boat I've ever had.... LOL

I have had a loser boat or two, too!

wink

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not the Rose!?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kid0917
Not the Rose!?

The Rose is in final sales negotiations...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sat Phone, AMEX Platinum smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep. Cell phone, spare tire, and a credit card.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you're hauling lotsa gear, put the spare tire and jack out where you can get at it.....
Those undercarriage spare tires can be a PIA.

I haven't changed a tire on the Alcan in 3-4 decades.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by VernAK
If you're hauling lotsa gear, put the spare tire and jack out where you can get at it.....

Like the old Monsanto commercial: Another life enhanced through chemistry!
Thanks to better carbon!

R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by VernAK

LOL I bought expensive Michelin 100K treadwear tires... had not had an issue in years either. Then had a road hazard get us on the road in heavy traffic last fall. I got to the tire just fine. But somehow I had the dang jack buried. But I had a 10 ton bottle jack at the tailgate. Luck! Nope, I needed the long jack rod to get the spare loose from undercarriage... I dang sure will have a "loose" spare available, even if I have to put it in the back seat. And one up under too.

To all so far, You have certainly noted some things that I may not have thought of and I appreciate it much so far.

Also noted plenty of things I KNOW about, but could possibly forget.

Thanks, Jeff

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Jeff-
i can recommend not having the spare too loose.

Don't strap it on the top of your trailer load late at night, in the dark, at 20 below, when you are tired.

You might part company.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
Jeff-
i can recommend not having the spare too loose.

Don't strap it on the top of your trailer load late at night, in the dark, at 20 below, when you are tired.

You might part company.

"Experience? Is that you again?"

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
smile

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1lesfox, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1eyedmule, 1Akshooter, 10gaugemag, 66 invisible), 2,520 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,558
Posts18,453,692
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.