Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
LMAO Big Sky.

I've fooled with enough 40-45 caliber Glocks and MPs now to have formed some opinions.

Glocks have sloppier chambers which translates to better feeding with a wide variety of bullet profiles. I've benched enough Glocks to be convinced the vast majority will keep 5 shots in 4" at 50 yards from a rest. I'm getting about the same or a shade better from MP's so accuracy is good enough in either case.

Glock makes the better magazine and it's less prone to inadvertent damage. Another reliability advantage. If I buy a used MP it automatically gets the mags detail stripped and new springs installed.

Of course you can polish out the MP chamber, feed ramp and break over point, I've done this and a MP will feed SWCs etc like butter afterward.

I like the basic MP grip much better. For me to like midsize Glocks, I have to undercut the trigger guard to make knuckle room.

Frankly I think a Walther P99AS would suit me better than either of them.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You've nailed it SargeMO. There are slight differences. Those slight differences make all the difference to a variety of shooters. Heck, they are assembly line items and, consequently, even among identical make and model there will be differences that an end-user will notice. Both are great pistols each with its own shortcomings. Those shortcomings are determined by individual shooters but are not a death nell to the use of said pistols as a personal defense weapon. It's great to have choices. An interesting point that is often lost. For defensive carry, both accomplish what is needed, straight from the factory. Most of us like to tinker to obtain our own personal end goal and, to simply have fun doing so.

Last edited by TheBigSky; 07/14/18.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
With all of this M&P discussion going on, I wound up picking up a new 9mm 3.6” today after trading one of my Glock 19s for it, just to see how I like it. So far so good, but won’t know for sure until it has some rounds through it to see how it runs. Nice size for carry, and only a touch smaller than the 4” models. I’ll update you with findings as soon as I can get to the range.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by JWD8310
The 2.0c shoots quite a bit softer and feels better overall. When it comes to 40, I think the M&P line is better than Glock in terms of felt recoil and splits.

You are aware, of course, that the M&P line tends to run a few ounces heavier than comparable Glocks, right? That might account for a slightly lighter recoil impulse.

I realize its a few oz heavier, buy I don’t think the weight accounts for the dramatic difference in felt recoi. Adding a light to a Glock 22 doesn’t make it instantly softer shooting. I think it has more to do with the adaptability of the M&P grip and the grip angle.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
John Browning had that grip angle thing figured out long ago. Gaston not so much.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks TBS. Another plus for the MP is that it comes with a conventionally rifled barrel and handles lead bullets w/o the necessity of an aftermarket part. My MP45 shot real well with them, too.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
One thing I wished Glock would have redisigned or done differently in the first place, is have a roomier trigger guard.

When you wear gloves in negative temptures and make traffic stops it would be nice to be able to wear a warm glove. I am surprised the Austrians ( colder climate) never thought about it. I could see it if they came from some country closer to the equator.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by viking
One thing I wished Glock would have redisigned or done differently in the first place, is have a roomier trigger guard.

When you wear gloves in negative temptures and make traffic stops it would be nice to be able to wear a warm glove. I am surprised the Austrians ( colder climate) never thought about it. I could see it if they came from some country closer to the equator.

The USP aced the 'usable with gloves' thing and is a excellent pistol beyond that attribute.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by dla
The Glock 19 killer is the Ruger Security 9. Only mall ninjas would spend 2x for the Glock name.

Bless your heart....

[Linked Image]

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by SargeMO
Originally Posted by viking

The USP aced the 'usable with gloves' thing and is a excellent pistol beyond that attribute.

The USPs have always been truly outstanding handguns. While their ergos may not work for everyone (like Glocks), they are built to run and run, and with proper PMCS will endure incredible round counts, especially the 9mm and .45 ACP versions.

IC B3

D
dla Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by dla
The Glock 19 killer is the Ruger Security 9. Only mall ninjas would spend 2x for the Glock name.

Bless your heart....

[Linked Image]

][Linked Image]

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
grin

All of us wanna be Mall Ninjas will just defer to your incredible experience Sir and immediately switch from carrying our Glocks and HKs to Keltecs and the "Glock Killer"Ruger Security 9!

laugh

" This Just In!

British SAS/SBS switch to Ruger Security 9, backed up by Keltec!"

"The Swedish and Norwegian Special Forces follow suit, turn in their Glocks, get issued Keltecs and start Drinking Their Own Piss!"

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
that keltec looks like it might make a usable boat paddle in a pinch.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

well Ted,

you gave me a good, hearty laugh with that one...

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...
D
dla Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
And that is why I use the term "mall ninja". Ridiculous, unrealistic, bull-shlt scenarios used to justify spending piles of money.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
dick
loving
anus

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You mall ninja's aka, deflave & Mackay are just jealous because you have a job and can afford a Glock and dont have to settle for Kel-Tec's.......... smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (2500HD, 219 Wasp, 1234, 17CalFan, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 42 invisible), 2,631 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,291
Posts18,467,947
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.