Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Hello all.
First post on the fire, so here goes. I'm looking at upgrading binoculars, and looking at the meostar 10x42's. The reviews I've read are all positive, just wondering what some of you thought of them. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
They are probably one of the best built binos on the planet right now....robust, tough, smooth, and great glass. They are right there with my SLC HD's optically. Meopta has great customer service just in case, and they have a lifetime transferrable warranty. Top shelf in my book.

Welcome to the 'fire.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Welcome to the site! I just bought a pair of 10x42 Meopros (I know you asked about the Meostar) for an elk hunt this coming November. After I got them, I compared them to my Leica ultravid 8x42, Pentax DCF SP 8x42 and Vortex Diamondback 10x42. The Meopta Meopro finished tied for 2nd with the Pentax and just behind the Leica on edge to edge clarity. Finished a very close 2nd place to the Leica in brightness, but the Leicas are 8 power and not 10 like the Meopta. I clearly love my Leicas (pun intended) but not sure if the Leicas are worth 3 TIMES the price of the Meoptas Meopros. Dollar for dollar, the Meoptas are the best I have. The Meostars are supposedly clearer and brighter than the Meopros. That is what all the reviews say, but I couldn't imagine them being that much better than my Meopros. If I were starting from scratch right now, I would go Meopta all the way.

War Damn Eagle!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by salt_fork
Hello all.
First post on the fire, so here goes. I'm looking at upgrading binoculars, and looking at the meostar 10x42's. The reviews I've read are all positive, just wondering what some of you thought of them. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

they are great binoculars. I have a set of cabelas demos I have been meaning to sell on ebay I will make a deal on if your interested. mine are the HD model. best binoculars you can get unless you are willing to spend well north of 1k.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
A set currently listed on the campfire

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/12964510/Searchpage/1/Main/883685/Words/%2BMeostar+%2Bb1/Search/true/re-wts-new-meopta-meostar-10x42-hd#Post12964510

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Thanks for the replies, that pretty much sums up what I've read.

ReadyRob: Was wondering how they would compare to a Leica or Swarovski.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Been a longtime swarovski user, still run the 15's. Got some meostars from Doug on here, you wont be disappointed...

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have the Meostar HD 10x42s. I own or have owned the newest SLC, SLC neu, Victory HT, and the previous Trinovid. I've compared the Meostar side by side with SLC. They are really, really close glass wise. The Meostar feels very solid and well built while the SLC has more of a premium feel. I think the SLC is a small step up but the Meostar at Doug's demo price is the easy pick. I find myself using the Meostar the most.

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Thanks everybody, that's what i was looking for!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Welcome to the 'fire
The Meopta MeoStars are an amazing optic that only lack in Meoptas marketing of them.
Please feel free to give us a call to discuss what we can do for you on a new Meostar as a member here smile

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Ive got the 10x42 HD. As well as the 8x32. Going on 4-5 years with the 10x42. Love em. Exceptional build quality. They feel as if u could drop em out of a plane and theyd be fine. Super clear. Zero eyestrain (unlike the pos nikons i had). Easy to focus

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tough to beat the bang for the buck on the Meostar 10x42 HD’s. My last upgrade for elk hunting was going to be those exact binoculars but I found a deal on some SLC’s. I’m happy but likely would be with the Meostars. In my opinion they are only a small step behind the alpha euros for about 1/2 the cost.

W
wsq Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I’ve owned a couple of meopta meostar scopes great glass for the money couldn’t tell any difference between them and my Swarovski scope I noticed one of the post above was comparing a meopta to some other brands don’t know the difference in meopro and meostar in binoculars in scopes meostar are 30mm and meopta meopro are 1”

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
My only complaint on the 10x42s was the weight.

Finally bothered me enough that I made the change to 8x32 ELs

I can tell you immediately that the picture in the ELs is better.

But I can also tell that eye placement is pickier. Will see how much this bothers me.

The Meopta's were a fantastic choice for sitting and hunting.

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Thanks for all the info. Which brings up another question..... Would a guy be better off getting the new Meostars (or used for that matter) or getting a used set of Ultravids or SLC's for about the same money as the new Meoptas?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by salt_fork
Thanks for all the info. Which brings up another question..... Would a guy be better off getting the new Meostars (or used for that matter) or getting a used set of Ultravids or SLC's for about the same money as the new Meoptas?

If you can get a used Swarovski, in clean condition, for the same price as a new or demo MeoStar then the used Swaro would probably make more sense being that you can usually resell a used Swaro for what you buy it used for.

The Meopta MeoStar may still cost you a bit less, give a call, let's discuss it

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (22kHornet, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 41 invisible), 2,664 guests, and 1,094 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,287
Posts18,467,895
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.