Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#12972238 07/07/18
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
It's a little complicated, but this is one tag I would like to have.
The first hunt for grizzly in decades. Get your app. in.

If you hunt with your kids. You should not have to hunt for your kids.
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by wyowinchester
It's a little complicated, but this is one tag I would like to have.
The first hunt for grizzly in decades. Get your app. in.

Our G&F.....can make drinking water complicated! The wife and I studied the regulations, we'll contact our “Philadelphia Lawyer” soon....hopefully he can make sense of it! 😁 memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am in for a DMA hunt, but to be honest, the hunt may be more trouble than it's worth.

There's so damn many rules and people watching you, not to mention all the harassment you'll get from the antis.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I decided it was too much trouble and rules too...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
I talked the G&F twice with questions. They were helpful in answering all my concerns. I think I have a vague understanding of how it will work.
My brother and I will team up if either of us get a call.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Good Luck.....We’re still “pondering” it! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A little rich for my blood and I don't have a place big enough for a rug, anyway. It will be interesting to see how this plays out, and who becomes the first to kill a griz in Wyoming in many years.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Morn’ing Sid! Other than the application fee, our expenses will be minimal.....highly unlikely that we will draw. If we do,then, ya gotta get a bear....more unlikely! If all of the planets align, and we get a bear, we’ll cut the rug into 4 pieces, hang a piece on each wall....then we’ll have 4 “bear” walls! 😉 memtb

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by memtb
Morn’ing Sid! Other than the application fee, our expenses will be minimal.....highly unlikely that we will draw. If we do,then, ya gotta get a bear....more unlikely! If all of the planets align, and we get a bear, we’ll cut the rug into 4 pieces, hang a piece on each wall....then we’ll have 4 “bear” walls! 😉 memtb

Lol.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I saw the tag was going for $6,000.00 Not sure, if this is true or not. If so the state is using it for a money grab.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Grabin all the bunny huggers money.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I hunt among them most years. I am not interested in shooting one for a "trophy".

I am not someone that values trophies much, and I have never paid a taxidermist in my life. I don't begrudge anyone that does, but it's not something that keeps my interest at all.
With that said, I can see no reason to hunt a grizzly except to eliminate one from the mountains. One is not enough, (it would not be bad to eliminate about 1000 of them, and about 98% of all the wolves too) and I am SURE not going to pay more than about $10 the state government to do it.. The Wyoming State government is what caused this problem in the 1st place, and I see no reason I would pay them even more to fix it out of my own pocket. The government in Cheyenne did this by actively cultivation the problem and also by allowing the Feds to tell them what they have to do (when they don't have to at all)

Funny how government ALWAYS causes the problem and then they ALWAYS want to "manage" the solution ............... and that solution is ALWAYS something that costs more money from the people that the problem afflicts, and enriches the ones that cause the problem in the 1st place.

Last edited by szihn; 07/20/18.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Very well stated.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by szihn
I hunt among them most years. I am not interested in shooting one for a "trophy".

I am not someone that values trophies much, and I have never paid a taxidermist in my life. I don't begrudge anyone that does, but it's not something that keeps my interest at all.
With that said, I can see no reason to hunt a grizzly except to eliminate one from the mountains. One is not enough, (it would not be bad to eliminate about 1000 of them, and about 98% of all the wolves too) and I am SURE not going to pay more than about $10 the state government to do it.. The Wyoming State government is what caused this problem in the 1st place, and I see no reason I would pay them even more to fix it out of my own pocket. The government in Cheyenne did this by actively cultivation the problem and also by allowing the Feds to tell them what they have to do (when they don't have to at all)

Funny how government ALWAYS causes the problem and then they ALWAYS want to "manage" the solution ............... and that solution is ALWAYS something that costs more money from the people that the problem afflicts, and enriches the ones that cause the problem in the 1st place.

Wtf, are you talking about. Are you proposing the state should ignore the ESA? WY has the most aggressive wolf and grizzly management of any state excepting AK. They've lost in court as a result of it too.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
I am putting in.. It was the anti's that ended hunting them in the first place..

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Results are out.

I am ranked number 173 in line, so it's a no-go for me...

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Better than I 1493!!!!

Molon Labe
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
#97!

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
# 6.......just kidding! 🤭 memtb

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

176 members (257_X_50, 19rabbit52, 270winchester, 16penny, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 24 invisible), 1,904 guests, and 914 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,172
Posts18,465,369
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.