Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Local grocery store had baby back pork ribs on sale for .99 cents a pound. Damn, they must have gotten a tractor trailer load of them.
I bought 10 racks for 28 bucks,... I saved over 80 dollars on them.
They also had a beef brisket that I looked over, it was 80 bucks... But it was a big one...

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Krogers had baby backs a few weeks ago, buy one get one free. I got a couple of them, and cooked them the next day. I don't like freezing them for some reason. I know that what you buy in the store has probably been previously froze, and then thawed. But, I'm hesitant to refreeze things like that for any length of time.

I bought a brisket at the grocery the other week, it weighed just a shade over 7 pounds, and I believe it was 3.99 a pound. I raise cattle, so I don't mind seeing higher beef prices.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pork has been on sale more than beef lately. I have been eating more pork for that reason. I just picked up Farmer John whole pork loin for $1.99 a pound. Brought it home and sliced it into thick steaks. I have been grilling a lot of pork on the barbecue, putting some sauce on it and wrapping it in foil to slow cook in the oven. That makes for some real tender pork! Pork ribs have been running $2.49 to $4.00 (!) a pound.

�That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.� George Orwell
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Shoulders here have been on sale for south of .99 per pound. Some as low as .59 per pound.

Baby back, St. Louis, and traditional spares have been buy one get one free pretty regularly.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Live hogs are cheap, under $50 a hundred.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
BB Ribs are still @ $2.75 lb here

At .99 I would have gotten a hundred pounds

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Local grocery store had baby back pork ribs on sale for .99 cents a pound. Damn, they must have gotten a tractor trailer load of them.
They also had a beef brisket that I looked over, it was 80 bucks... But it was a big one...

Where in East Tennesse? I will drive for that deal on ribs

Eagle Lake, Mississippi is close to heaven.

"Everything Hipsters touch turns to chit........Period..
Whisky.....Beer.....Tobacco.....Boots....Clothing....Gear......you name it..
Good thing the fuggers don't like firearms.." Fieldgrade

T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by tansinator

Where in East Tennesse? I will drive for that deal on ribs

The Kroger super store in Knoxville, on Emory road in the Halls/Powell area. I think the sale is thru tommorow the 13th.
I bought 60 lbs. over two trips.... I may go back again!

T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Calif. Hunter
Pork has been on sale more than beef lately. I have been eating more pork for that reason. I just picked up Farmer John whole pork loin for $1.99 a pound. Brought it home and sliced it into thick steaks. I have been grilling a lot of pork on the barbecue, putting some sauce on it and wrapping it in foil to slow cook in the oven. That makes for some real tender pork! Pork ribs have been running $2.49 to $4.00 (!) a pound.

Food City here runs whole boneless pork loins for .99 cents a lbs about once or twice a month. They will slice it for free.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It’s cheap on a regular basis here, but not as cheap as you folks have it.

Bought a couple shoulders a week or two ago. $1.47 per pound believe. That was as cheap as I’ve seen it for a bit. On occasion whole loins get marked down to $.99 but I haven’t seen that for a year or so.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
$1.38 for butts. 99 cents for loins. Gonna slice out a loin then pound it out for schnitzel.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Baby Backs $1.28....Shoulders 7-10 lbs. 89 cents....hole loins $1.79.....

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Calif. Hunter

Food City here runs whole boneless pork loins for .99 cents a lbs about once or twice a month. They will slice it for free.

I paid 1.29$/lb just today and thought I got a deal. You got a steal.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I thought we were doing good at $2.39lb. Anything under $2 I buy as much as I can and throw in the extra freezers.

Yup.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Frozen then thawed pork ribs suck ....it busts the water cell making for some not so good eats...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Frozen then thawed pork ribs suck ....it busts the water cell making for some not so good eats...

Most all of what you buy that is vacuum packed was frozen.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

115 members (6mmCreedmoor, 1_deuce, 257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 16 invisible), 1,615 guests, and 949 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.