Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
Originally Posted by Ringman
Swarovski .. It has to go back the Germany. They told me it's going to be twelve weeks.."

It's going to be A LOT MORE than 12 weeks if he is sending a Swarovski to Germany. grin grin grin

I nearly mentioned it too.

BP-B2

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Break out the hip waders.....

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Save the watches! Hands up!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My son said in all fairness Austria is pretty close to Germany.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought Swaro had a US repair facility. Can they only repair so many issues before the product needs shipped back to Austria?

In any event, Swaro makes the absolute best and clearest glass to my eye, but I have been less than impressed with the mechanics of their products, whether rifle scope, spotting scope or binocular. I've had the focus on my EL and ATM freeze solid on me...so focusing was absolutely out of the question. I have had them fog up on me. An example of one riflescope (so take that for what it's worth) would wander zero.

It's too bad because their clarity absolutely blows anything else out of the water for me, but I don't use their products in extreme weather.

Last edited by T_Inman; 07/15/18. Reason: spelling....again

IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I thought Swaro had a US repair facility. Can they only repair so many issues before the product needs shipped back to Austria?

In any event, Swaro makes the absolute best and clearest glass to my eye, but I have been less than impressed with the mechanics of their products, whether rifle scope, spotting scope or binocular. I've had the focus on my EL and ATM freeze solid on me...so focusing was absolutely out of the question. I have had them fog up on me. An example of one riflescope (so take that for what it's worth) would wander zero.

It's too bad because they're clarity absolutely blows anything else out of the water for me, but I don't use their products in extreme weather.

None of the scopes I’ve sent them have been repaired in the US.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Ringman I have never seen anyone have so many issues with Swarovski scopes .

^^^^^^^^^

Ain't that the F'n truth.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by WiFowler

^^^^^^^^^

Every Z3, Z5, and Z6 I’ve used just shooting, not abusing, has had to go back to the factory in less than 2,000 rounds. Ringman aside, they’re not robust scopes.

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Farmboy1
Have your friend try a new battery. Those new fangled lighted up scopes sound like trouble to me......

He tried several.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I guess I'm odd man out. All (I mean a fair number of scopes, binos, spotters) my Swaros have all excelled in their operation and yes, the glass is superb. Having said that, I've owned 3 NF scopes. 2 NXS and 1 SHV. I'm sure they were built real good but they were why too heavy for my use and their optical quality did not match their cost. Sold all three.

IC B3

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stevevan1
I guess I'm odd man out. All (I mean a fair number of scopes, binos, spotters) my Swaros have all excelled in their operation and yes, the glass is superb. Having said that, I've owned 3 NF scopes. 2 NXS and 1 SHV. I'm sure they were built real good but they were why too heavy for my use and their optical quality did not match their cost. Sold all three.

Interesting. I had four z5 5-25X52 and not one of them had glass as good as my Bushnell 6500 4 1/2-30X50 on an optics chart. Two were really close and two were more like my Minox. The z5 I did use because of its light weight went to service twice for the same thing: Erector replaced twice. It was a ballistic turret model.

I thought my Bushnell had glass as good as my Nightforce NXS 12-42X56 when I used to look at twigs and leaves in the trees 150 yards away. Then I used an eye chart and discovered they weren't even in the same league. Although, I will say the Nightforce fell behind the Swarovski z8i of my range friend's. Having never viewed a March I can't say if the z8i is my favorite or not. Maybe I will find a used one with the reticle I like. One can only hope at my income level.

Everyday Hunter
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Originally Posted by WiFowler

^^^^^^^^^

Every Z3, Z5, and Z6 I’ve used just shooting, not abusing, has had to go back to the factory in less than 2,000 rounds. Ringman aside, they’re not robust scopes.

I have had Z3's and their 30mm scopes , no issues on set and forget with the 30mm scopes ever, and one was dropped and landed on a rock and dinged the objective bell and didn't knock it out of alignment. Every Z3 with the exception of the 3-10x42 and 3-9x36 has gone tits up within 50 rounds. 7mm weatherby, 300 wsm and a scope wrecking 25-06.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Like I said. My Swarovski's have been excellent. Sent 5 into Swarovski that I purchased used and just wanted to verify everything was good before installation on a rifle and load work. Customer service was great and all were cleaned, inspected free of charge. I'm not worried about the failure "before 2,000 rounds". My Swaros are all mounted on hunting rifles and will never reach near 2,000 rounds on any individual rifle. That's a lot of shooting for a 280,7mag, 300 mag, etc. I have only one rifle that I may shoot 2,000 rounds with in my lifetime. It's chambered in .22RF.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wyoming260
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My son said "in all fairness, consider the source"

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I'll never trust a Swaro again...had a PH series scope fail, costing me a 6x6 whitetail pushing B&C. Shooting 8 feet to the left...at 25 or so yards. After my missed buck, I took the rifle to the range and it was off the target at 100....off the target at 50. 25 yard pistol board was an 4x8 foot sheet of plywood, I finally hit the board by holding it on the right edge of the plywood I got a group at the left edge.

I was pissed beyond words and sent it back to Swaro, who forwarded it to their overseas facility. After calling Swaro later on and checking on the repair the first words out of the guy's mouth I was speaking with in the service dept asked me, "Lemme guess...you were shooting a 300 Ultra Mag wern't you?". I was, and asked him "So what difference does that make?"...he laughed a little and changed the subject.

It finally made its way back to my house and I never even took it out of the box....it went back to the store I bought it from and was traded for a Schmidt. Prior to that I discussed the matter with two of our most knowledgeable posters on this forum, bouncing ideas off of them. Both stated that (paraphrased), Swarovski doesn't make strong scopes at all, in their opinion, and that the Schmidt would be significantly better.

The 300 Ultra beforehand had a Leupold VX-R mounted on it with zero problems. I just needed more light gathering.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
That's terrible. I can see why that episode would leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Hopefully their real life's experience will catch up to their reputation and they will have to fix their designs. They should have plenty of room in their price.

Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Unless hunting strictly at night, and not even then for me actually, there is no need for illumination.. I have a Z with illumination, I"ve not turned that on since I got the scope as a gift.

R is... well.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
96 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 13 invisible), 1,732 guests, and 724 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,727
Posts18,400,720
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.