Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
rost495 Online Content OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
LOL. If I lose it out of the camper or back seat I"ve had a more than minor malfunction

Of course if you put a jack handle on your bumper and drive up and down a gravel road a few times, and make a couple of 20 plus mile trips, that jack handle will still be on the bumper a few days later when you walk around the back. Amazing what you can lose and what you can't lose.

Last edited by rost495; 07/13/18. Reason: Herr Ironbender

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
BP-B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
If it's tight, it won't be loose!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Nazi... I"m going back.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
smile

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
LOL. If I loose it out of the camper or back seat I"ve had a more than minor malfunction

Of course if you put a jack handle on your bumper and drive up and down a gravel road a few times, and make a couple of 20 plus mile trips, that jack handle will still be on the bumper a few days later when you walk around the back. Amazing what you can lose and what you can't lose.

But drop that nut and hear it hit the ground when working on something on that vehicle and never see it again. 🙄

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My border crossing into Canada at Roosville was a breeze. I had 2 Rifles and a Shotgun. I had the paperwork filled out and had the guns in case and locked. They had me come inside. Checked my Passport and Firearm paperwork. I signed the paperwork and paid them $25.00 and was on my way. They didn't even check the Firearms. Ten minutes tops. Now coming back into the US at Porthill Idaho border. They asked a lot of ?s and went over all my paperwork and hunting license. Had to unload one cooler for them to inspect the meat and for some reason they insisted on seeing the Moose antlers. They wanted to see all the coolers but changed there mind when they saw how much stuff there was to unload. Asked several times if I had any parts of the Wolf I shot with me. Took 30 - 45 minutes to get back in US. It was late at night and they might of been bored. Good luck on your trip.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
LOL. If I loose it out of the camper or back seat I"ve had a more than minor malfunction

But drop that nut and hear it hit the ground when working on something on that vehicle and never see it again. 🙄

Yep....and any spring, when removed from a firearm is lighter than air. If it shoots across the bench it’s gone into thin air. 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 7mmMato
My border crossing into Canada at Roosville was a breeze. I had 2 Rifles and a Shotgun. I had the paperwork filled out and had the guns in case and locked. They had me come inside. Checked my Passport and Firearm paperwork. I signed the paperwork and paid them $25.00 and was on my way. They didn't even check the Firearms. Ten minutes tops. Now coming back into the US at Porthill Idaho border. They asked a lot of ?s and went over all my paperwork and hunting license. Had to unload one cooler for them to inspect the meat and for some reason they insisted on seeing the Moose antlers. They wanted to see all the coolers but changed there mind when they saw how much stuff there was to unload. Asked several times if I had any parts of the Wolf I shot with me. Took 30 - 45 minutes to get back in US. It was late at night and they might of been bored. Good luck on your trip.

EXACTLY some of our experiences. US citizens going into Canada never really had much of an issue. US citizens getting back into the US? Like we were criminals. Yet the border down here flows like a river, 24/7/365 with illegals. At least it used to under Obama. Not sure how it is now. Still see no shortage of Mexicans in our area.

R
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Klikitarik

I"m HAPPY when I hear it hit the GROUND.. its when you don't... that who knows what flipping crevice its snagged in... usually when then engine is at operating temp too. LOL

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Did this 3X. last time was almost two years ago.
Joined AAA.
Made double sure the cell phone coverage was valid.
Short of a friendly Mountie riding shotgun... nothing else comes to mind.
As mentioned, not like the good old days!

Watch 'Yer Topknot!
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
I travelled from Taylor to Fairbanks in 1959, with my grandparents (I weas ten). We travelled in a 1953 Buick Special and went up and back with no issues whatsoever. At that time, there was no pavement between Fort St, John and the Alaska border. Now, the highway is pretty good with a lot more traffic. The only negative is that there are fewer fuel stops and places to eat. I would expect that most modern vehicles should be just as reliable as a six year old Buick Special.
We travelled between our home, in Taylor, and Ft. Nelson and up to Summit Lake, frequently.
When we drove up to Whitehorse, a few years back, we had pretty new tires on the Matrix and some camping gear in the back (along with the Airdale). For those "just in case" scenarios, there was a Lee Enfield and a box of 215 KKSP's, on the floor, in the back seat. Next trip, I will carry extra fuel; the Matrix tank is just too small. If we take the truck and trailer, I'll carry a slip tank. GD

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
When are you traveling?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
R
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
I"m wondering if AAA is even worth the money? A friend had it in AK. When we had a flat and the lug nuts would not budge, they told us it might be 48 hours before anyone could try to head that way. IF at all. some stuff about where we were (paxson IIRC) and others that are closer to FBks or such always had priority and they didn't have enough help or some such.

If its worth it, I"d obviously pay for it just for the single trip up in the spring and again in 2021 or so when I fly down and ride back up with Carolyn.

But I don't see the need if the help isn't there when you need it. And I get it that we'd likely be in the boonies if we need help, as anywhere else I'm fairly self sufficient.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I got a feeling you can handle sshit. I’ve never had AAA here or through Canada 🇨🇦.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
R
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
All I needed to know.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
693 members (10gaugemag, 11point, 17CalFan, 160user, 117LBS, 12344mag, 81 invisible), 2,660 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,689
Posts18,399,819
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.