Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
I appreciate the time and answers from the Tract optics folks at the deer show this past weekend. They had the lions share of product out there and let me finger bang their glass every which way from Sunday. Non-shooting impressions are just that, but a QC inspection can also tell you whether or not it’s worth mounting. Eye boxes and eye relief were where they needed to be, adjustments seem positive, glass and construction look great, and all questions answered 100%. Very helpful and made me feel better about considering their stuff as the real deal. Thanks.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good to hear!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Good to hear that you have some first hand experience. I trust opinions that are based on experience! It seems your opinion mirrors the opinion of others who have first hand experience. Some on this forum who have never seen or held a tract optic have tried to offer there opinion based on zero experience. I don't trust that sort of opinion.

Fixed it for you 😁😁😁

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
So you've never shot even one shot through a Tract on a gun, but they get a shout-out? That's an unusual way to do a "recommendation."

H
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
I didn’t ‘recommend’ anyone. I merely acknowledged their helpfulness and appreciated finally getting to actually handle product. Y’all can pick sides and swipe at each other elsewhere, and review use or breaking [bleep] on purpose. This ain’t one of those threads.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
I didn’t ‘recommend’ anyone. I merely acknowledged their helpfulness and appreciated finally getting to actually handle product. Y’all can pick sides and swipe at each other elsewhere, and review use or breaking [bleep] on purpose. This ain’t one of those threads.

I've had excellent discussions with the Tract guys myself. Anyone with half a brain could read your title and post itself and see why you gave Tract a shout out. It was obvious and well deserved. The half a brain criteria left out DD, which is why he made his usual dumbass post.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
So you've never shot even one shot through a Tract on a gun, but they get a shout-out? That's an unusual way to do a "recommendation."

And have you used Tract Binos or one of their Scopes?

Last edited by sidepass; 07/18/18.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by sidepass

And have you used Tract Binos or one of their Scopes?

I'm a little slow at times...I don't understand the comment in red. Is it aimed at DD because he hasn't recommended Tract Optics because he has never used any? Or is it because he has used Tract Optics and will not recommend them?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Glad your happy with your purchase. The guys are heading out to a show this weekend. Thanks

NRA LIfe Member, Colt, Sig, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armorer, NYBIN , NYPD Firearms Examiner, Serial Number Restoration, Cerakote, Gunkote, and Duracoat finishes
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey

I've had excellent discussions with the Tract guys myself. Anyone with half a brain could read your title and post itself and see why you gave Tract a shout out. It was obvious and well deserved. The half a brain criteria left out DD, which is why he made his usual dumbass post.

JG,
I've always enjoyed your posts and results. You're upset now because I've never got "scope bit" and now I'm a dumbass. That seems like a childish way to play. My posts aren't "dumbass" and I've got a good bit more than half a brain, I can assure you. If'n you want to play, you should go back through my years of posts and prove where I've been wrong. Once.

And if you still need help properly mounting a scope, I'll help you out with that too! Have a good day.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

He spoke well of the guys he met and what he saw. He said it was limited to a non-shooting impression.

In line with what you've posted, if someone hasn't used a Tract to shoot 1 shot then they can't speak about the product.......neither positive or negative?

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I don't put much stock in salespersons telling me the truth about a shiny new product. Especially when the sales rep doesn't answer questions without dodging on the other thread.

H
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
That’s okay. You’ve proven here that your reading comprehension is sub par, so maybe your listening and observation skills follow suit.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I'm pretty confident in my reading comprehension, listening, and observation skills. I get paid to do all three for a living. But I'll try to get even better. Thanks for the concern though.

I'll soldier on in my purported half-brained, dimwitted, dumbassed, poorly-skilled successes while you guys check out Tract optics and prove them out to be failures as a product and a business model. Have fun along the way, and have a good day.

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
You guys seem to think that the hunting world is somehow channeled through the 24hr Campsite. Well dream on, and while you do the rest of us are out there happy with our Tract product choices and using them rather than being stuck in negative conjecture over a key board.

The acid test for Tract will be what the actual consumers think, not what a handful of 24hr Campers think. Tract seem to be doing better at establishing their brand with good products than the nay-sayers are at pulling them down.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
New member with 20 posts, 17 of which directly pimp "Tract" in the title or body. Schills gotta do better than that, if'n you're going to schill for real.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
DD, as NZ said, actual use trumps lip service..........my son kills loads of game with the Toric glass.

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
That's a nice buck!

How much field use has the scope gotten so far? I thought that he just started with that rig this past fall.

And you use their binos too, if I recall? That's great. Real product usage, not a sales pitch.

But they'll go the way of ZenRay. Their business model is not tenable, and their sales rep on this board dodges questions.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
They might, or they might not. Time will tell. I hope they knock 'em dead. Doug at CL explained the difference in ZR and Tract. You must have missed that. Also, I don't think bhoges is their sales rep. He has a real job.

He did start with that rig last fall. That was the first deer he's killed with it, along with about 100 hogs. My binos are around his neck.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Agreed. If their stuff generally performs well and they honor the warranty on stuff that breaks, and in a timely manner, that puts them at least on par with most optics outfits, and ahead of some that drag a bit on service. Despite the Neverending Crap-nado that rages here over one example of their lower-tier line, the general sense I get is that owners of the Japanese-made models are well-satisfied. Got to include myself in that group, even though I had my Tekoa on the classifieds for a bit, along with another spare from my small stash (neither had given any trouble whatsoever, BTW). If, on the other hand, they let quality or service slide, their stuff will be on clearance at CDNN.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (257robertsimp, 300_savage, 01Foreman400, 338Rules, 14 invisible), 1,142 guests, and 770 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,057
Posts18,463,236
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.