Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
W
Anyone know what calibers took this match say for the last ten years..

Molon Labe
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I won in 2002 with a Tubb 2000 chambered in 6.5x284. Came close in 2001-(1st loser) with the same caliber.

When people face the possibility of freezing or starving there is little chance they are going to listen to unfounded claims of climate doomsday from a bunch of ultra-rich yacht sailing private jet-setting carbon-spewing hypocrite elites
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
These are just guesses based on who the shooter was, but I believe Tubb was shooting his 6XC long range, and the AMU was shooting the 7 RSAUM's, I saw an article about Widden shooting a 243.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
John has been kicking butt with a 243 for a long time.

When people face the possibility of freezing or starving there is little chance they are going to listen to unfounded claims of climate doomsday from a bunch of ultra-rich yacht sailing private jet-setting carbon-spewing hypocrite elites
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I don't believe the Wimbledon has been shot yet, at least the NRA website has not posted any scores.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Really always assumed we would shoot for life and I figured when eyes went south I could play and shoot the long range stuff. Sure would have liked to with a BR accurate scoped rifle. Never got that far.

It was fun shooting 1000 with service rifle though, but we never hung around Perry long enough to shoot the Farr? match.

Life these days though is just as fun if not more.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Norman Crawford used the .284 Shehane two of those years. You might might google the winners found in this link & come up with you answer.

https://competitions.nra.org/documents/pdf/compete/nat-trophy/tro-105.pdf

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Shooting the Wimbledon today.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
wishing you good fortune at the shoot..

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by rost495
Really always assumed we would shoot for life and I figured when eyes went south I could play and shoot the long range stuff. Sure would have liked to with a BR accurate scoped rifle. Never got that far.

It was fun shooting 1000 with service rifle though, but we never hung around Perry long enough to shoot the Farr? match.

Life these days though is just as fun if not more.

In the same boat Jeff. Had fun while it lasted, and moved on to other endeavors that provide just as much enjoyment.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Good to hear from you again Lee!

To hot for me right now. Went out and loaded a trailer this morning with scrap steel. Soaked. Came in and have decided to not go out again until we at least drop under 100.

Really would like to shoot again. But it won't be in the cards.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Never say never brother, I haven't shot OTC in years, but when it gets a bit cooler I might, who knows... Have a new to me Garand built by Don McCoy in 308 I've been wanting to see what she will do...

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by rgrx1276
wishing you good fortune at the shoot..

Should have say “they” are shooting the Wimbledon. I left after XTC finished. Headed to Perry in about 10 days for the P-100, Leg, and team matches.

Kimberly Rowe won the Wimbledon Cup, David Tubbs came in second.

W
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
W
Thanks... I will check out the link!!!!!

Molon Labe
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Never say never brother, I haven't shot OTC in years, but when it gets a bit cooler I might, who knows... Have a new to me Garand built by Don McCoy in 308 I've been wanting to see what she will do...

Not so many matches held where I hope to be by next April, but where I"ll be will be worth the trade. Truth be told I'd like my last 10 pistol legs... shot 20 in 3 matches.. would have finished in 3 had I not..... crossfire a rapid... LOL.

but then again 10 years from now when we hope to be totally retired... you know bolt guns and scopes work for even old farts...

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Not so many matches held where I hope to be by next April, but where I"ll be will be worth the trade. Truth be told I'd like my last 10 pistol legs... shot 20 in 3 matches.. would have finished in 3 had I not..... crossfire a rapid... LOL.

but then again 10 years from now when we hope to be totally retired... you know bolt guns and scopes work for even old farts...

LoL... See ya around Jeff, enjoy Alaska.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Might have to visit Florida to get rid of the shakes in winter!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Might have to visit Florida to get rid of the shakes in winter!

Weather will be a bit nicer here in Fla than in Alaska during the winter months. We have plenty of room and you and yours can stay here. Wife and I are looking to northern NM, CO, UT for a summer home. Headed out for a looksee in Taos the end of August.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
LOVE northern NM. Not sure I can handle the politics maybe, but then again they aren't good in AK mostly either. CO, while I love it, has become to much CA and libs to me.

Utah have not been in enough to comment. WOnder about WY and MT and ID too.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Have a new to me Garand built by Don McCoy in 308 I've been wanting to see what she will do...

What will you feed it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (11point, 2500HD, 160user, 10ring1, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 69 invisible), 2,736 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,334
Posts18,468,644
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.