Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can he still hear?

BP-B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
We were shooting through windshields in training 10 years ago. Car doors, drywall and all kinds of other stuff to show our people where you can and can't look for cover and how to exploit your adversarys choice of cover. A good firearms program is training their people how to win gunfights, not punch paper.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

The results indicate he was sufficiently trained.

This time around...that mag change was atrociously slow and clumsy at a time when some quick ballsy perp could have him pinned and drilled in his PV...
what one may be able to do at the academy may not translate to the street.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Sako76
I know the New Jersey state Police practice shooting left handed oot the drivers side window while going in reverse! Done while practicing night shooting. Why would you shoot your windshield out when it's the only thing protecting you?
. From the looks of it, and from what I know, it ain't protecting you from bullets...

And they practice this stuff a lot. Bullets fly true.

And IIRC police are less responsible for where their bullets end than a civilian, I'm not sure where I stand on that part.

but shooting through the windshield was smart, proven and worked again.

I'm surprised, but I guess I shouldn't be, that folks can be so ignorant.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Why would you shoot your windshield out when it's the only thing protecting you?

Because it’s not bullet proof.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I know the New Jersey state Police practice shooting left handed oot the drivers side window while going in reverse! Done while practicing night shooting. Why would you shoot your windshield out when it's the only thing protecting you?

I may have to adopt this one. Should I have the student look where he is driving or shooting? crazy I have to call bullsheit!

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Fighting to win often makes no sense to many folks. Sometimes fighting to win puts others at risk. Sometimes it makes no sense. Lots of times it keeps one alive. Unorthodox keeps folks alive often. get out of the car and kneel behind the door often kills.

YMMV but I know I value me enough I"ll do whatever. Even if its in reverse while firing.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by spencer516
The officer is responsible for every round going out the windshield. Reckless at best. Would have been deafening in the squad car. And then, empty magazine into stopped vehicle. The officer needs some serious training.

Laffin’.........reckless?

You need to account for the angle of the windshield (shooting in or out), other than that there’s not much to it besides the noise/concussion. It takes more time to learn to draw efficiently de the confines of a cruiser.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by rost495
Fighting to win often makes no sense to many folks. Sometimes fighting to win puts others at risk. Sometimes it makes no sense. Lots of times it keeps one alive. Unorthodox keeps folks alive often. get out of the car and kneel behind the door often kills.

YMMV but I know I value me enough I"ll do whatever. Even if its in reverse while firing.

I am all for doing what it takes to win. Being in charge of a range and the safety of everyone on it pretty much makes the shooting weak handed out a car window while driving in reverse an impossible exercise to monitor for an instructor during training. Most shooters can't hit a target consistently at 7 yards weak handed, let alone shooting out a car window while driving in a direction you aren't looking. Spray and pray at best or driving blind, you pick which is the better option. Accident waiting to happen, which is unacceptable on the range.

With that said we have done some things with Simmunitions that would be impossible to simulate with live fire. Not ideal but the only way to do some training exercises and keep everyone safe.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
My son once told me he was trained to shoot left handed out the driver’s side window while reversing fast, during his training for personnel protective services work while in the Navy.

When I was a kid, a guy my father and I used to go shooting with had been a deputy sheriff in the days of split windshields. He said they were trained, in high speed pursuit work, to knock out the passenger side windshield, rest their carbine (94 Winchester .32 Specials) over the dash, butt against the seat back, and fire as the opportunity arose. Disappointed that he never got a chance to try it.

Mathew 22: 37-39

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The officer is responsible for every round going out the windshield. Reckless at best. Would have been deafening in the squad car. And then, empty magazine into stopped vehicle. The officer needs some serious training.

It looked to me like the officer was square to the target (suspect vehicle) before he started shooting the first time (after trying to decide whether to shoot earlier under less ideal circumstances), and his shots are pretty straight on at the suspect vehicle. (We cannot see what is in front because of the position of the camera but he should have had a good view of the street in front of the car. We do know that they did not meet any vehicles traveling in the opposite direction, which supports an inference that the road was clear ahead of the suspect vehicle.) The officer even took some shots two handed. He had a really solid target the second time (which was angled but at a solid vehicle and at closer range), with a solid building wall toward the latter part. He also appears to have a very solid target and backstop firing into the vehicle the third time. Contrary to your assertion, the vehicle was not stopped. It was trying to back up and then pulled forward, probably to get around the police car or to run over the officer. The suspects had shot at the officer multiple times earlier and gave no reason to believe that they were done shooting at that point. The officer also warned a bystander to get down, and the perps easily could have shot the bystander or turned it into a hostage deal had the officer not pinned them down by continuing to shoot. (Also, if you will dump rounds at the police, you will dump rounds in a Walmart or school if you get away on foot.) To me, it appears to square with the bulk of the federal case law in use of force situations. (Can’t speak to Nevada state law or specific Ninth Circuit case law.) The deaf part is on the officer, and it's like taking cancer drugs-bad, but better than the alternatives.

Last edited by Cheyenne; 07/17/18. Reason: refer to Ninth Circuit

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

LMAO who the fugg is this guy?

Why would you shoot your windshield out when it's the only thing protecting you?

Protecting you from what? Bugs?

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
It must be SOP. This is the second vid in a month I've seen a cop do it.

Whatever works I guess. Seems reckless but wtf do I know.

When the real schitt hits the fan, you take calculated risks that seem counter-intuitive. Real gunfights aren't a day at the square range session.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If I can shoot burrets through my windshield, from inside, exactly what is it protecting me from inbound from the outside?

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That's the dumbest fahqin' statement I've read here today. I don't think it's the officer that needs the serious training here about the real world.

Z
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

LMAO who the fugg is this guy?

Starman's wingman.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The officer responded great and using two hands with a sight picture is so much smarter than some hanging an arm out the window movie bs.

The reload was fine too. Adrenaline pumping, talk on the radio, yell at suspects, seat belt, car in park or neutral, door open, eject mag, reload, work the slide all while keeping focus on two bad guys.

I realize many people run dry runs in their brain and do it flawless and smooth every time...welcome to REALITY.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495

Yup. Real life isn't a square range.

Z
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Spot on opinion.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I would think that reckless or not,I don't know of anyone of us that wouldn't be shooting back as fast and good as we could if we were being shot at. Yea,in I might be responsible for every round but the main thing going through someone's mind right then is surviving,not to hold back because someone could get hurt.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 07/17/18.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
114 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 17 invisible), 1,359 guests, and 730 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,851
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.