Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
This makes for interesting video..... is this discussed in LEO training? Looks like it worked... Not sure if this guy will ever hear again???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfac5DxRchk&ab_channel=NewYorkPost

Please don't feed the trolls!
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It must be SOP. This is the second vid in a month I've seen a cop do it.

Whatever works I guess. Seems reckless but wtf do I know.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
A lot of rounds were flying back and fourth in that video. Rather they be going out than coming in.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A friend of mine did that in the early 1990s before it was "a thing." It just wasn't on YouTube. What are you supposed to do if people are shooting at you? Quit because there's a windshield between the two of you?

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The officer is responsible for every round going out the windshield. Reckless at best. Would have been deafening in the squad car. And then, empty magazine into stopped vehicle. The officer needs some serious training.

IC B2

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
There's a 7 page thread going on about this same video here on the front page...

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Does add another dimension to '...Has he been Mirandized yet!?!?!?...'

Last edited by muffin; 07/17/18.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I know the New Jersey state Police practice shooting left handed oot the drivers side window while going in reverse! Done while practicing night shooting. Why would you shoot your windshield out when it's the only thing protecting you?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Shooting through a windshield isnt strange, odd, or reckless....at all. I see your video and raise you.....

https://youtu.be/Il5M63dxe7o

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 07/17/18.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by spencer516
The officer is responsible for every round going out the windshield. Reckless at best. Would have been deafening in the squad car. And then, empty magazine into stopped vehicle. The officer needs some serious training.

You are absolutely right. He should have sent a text message to the murder suspects and told them to stop shooting.

You don't know what you are talking about.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Sako76
I know the New Jersey state Police practice shooting left handed oot the drivers side window while going in reverse! Done while practicing night shooting. Why would you shoot your windshield out when it's the only thing protecting you?

Do you think the windshield protected the turds in the getaway vehicle from his bullets? It would not appear so.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
This makes for interesting video..... is this discussed in LEO training? Looks like it worked... Not sure if this guy will ever hear again???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfac5DxRchk&ab_channel=NewYorkPost

He may have to ask people to repeat themselves from now on, but they won't be planning his funeral tomorrow. When the gunfight starts, the only thing that matters is that you WIN.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Sako76

Those cats at NJSP are high speed low drag, I guess. The deal is, though, that THIS individual officer, was thinking enough to know that he would be more accurate shooting strong hand with support, even if it meant shooting through his own windshield. My guess is that the first shot was loud, but then again, maybe not. During a SNS dump, it is pretty common for auditory exclusion to kick in.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The scumbags are dead, he's not. Call safe lite auto glass and get that car ready for the next shift.

Last edited by Pat85; 07/17/18.

2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I remember bowfishing as a kid.... you had to aim low to compensate for the light refraction IIRC.... probably something similar with shooting through a windshield... maybe related to the model of car and angle of windshield..... inquiring minds and all grin

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The fuggers were shooting at the cop, what did you want him to do, hide under the dash like that coward in Broward county did?
He fought back and won. As far as I'm concerned we need more just like him.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The mag dump at the end was highly appropriate. Scumbag deserved every bullet that made it into him.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i can remember our firearms instructor setting up a training course for us. using a vehicle

the scenario was you rolled up on a dispute in progress, upon arrival you immediately see things have deteriorated to the point of several individuals pointing guns at you..how do you react. aside from obvious tactical order.

most people exited the car using it for cover. i shot through the wimdshield before exiting the vehicle and seeking cover.

even with ear peotection it was loud.

bullets traveled fine through the glass and struck the targets

as fsr as the mag dumo at the end. if someone is engaging me in a rolling gunfight and upon exiting if ind them still attempting to continue that fight they are gonna get shot until they stop...either continuing the fight or breathing

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Windshields are cheap, funerals are expensive.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Killed one, got lead into the other, and took two murder suspects off the streets with zero innocents hit.

The results indicate he was sufficiently trained.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (007FJ, 17CalFan, 1minute, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,080 guests, and 1,069 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,108
Posts18,464,271
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.