Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
TT Diamonds are badass

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
BP-B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'flave,

They are just ordinary run of the mill Peacock Bass. Here along The Milford,we did a lend/lease program with Florida in 1984 and high-graded their stock of Peacocks,so they'd eat some of our bigger fish for Boating Safety. Fish Strikes were taking their toll,with multiple deaths,so a proactive approach was requisite. Sorting through the initial transplant program,we latched onto 12 pairs of Superior Specimens and the population has largely exploded. The females have tits,so they were/are easy to sort.

Anywhoo...the Peacocks tend to run the gamut in relative coloration,from blasse' mirrors to full Rut Plumage(both sexes).

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Being new to the Fishery,I've not caught one much over 44" in length,but they supposedly get purty big and I'd like to see one some day. Perhaps some day,Fortune will shine?!?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Carnivorous by Nature(pun be intended),they oft will strike that which bears a resemblance and are easily Decoyed,with Rifles bearing a similarity. I like Calling for them too,but it's tough to beat a good Decoy!

[Linked Image]

My favorite wares are a Zebco 33 Spincast Reel(the OLD ones are best),because they hold a lot of line and arrange finite feel,which is imperative to subdue the Peacock's soft strike. I tend to couple same with a True Temper steel rod,because they weather well.

I prolly ain't too many days away,from making a cast and perhaps even shooting a smidge.

Film at 11:00!

'fiable,

I had Jill on the horn last,to thank them for yet another parcel and she made it sound like MAYBE late this year. Business is booming and they are in a nice position,by leading the charge.

Would REALLY like one in Whizzum!

'tide,

It prolly won't suck.

You cyphered it's Final Form yet(glass,mounts,rings,trigger,stock/chassis,etc.)?

Fhuqk everything else.(grin)

'hoges,

5 OhZee's is better than 6 OhZee's...but 2 OhZee's is assuredly a nice place to be.

Fhuqk the safety.

And The Vortex POS.

'bean,

You boys is bad influences and the peer pressure insurmountable!

I'm nearly talked into my first Reupold!(grin)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
'tide,

It prolly won't suck.

You cyphered it's Final Form yet(glass,mounts,rings,trigger,stock/chassis,etc.)?

Fhuqk everything else.(grin)

I've went back and forth a lot, but landed on the Ridgeback stock with the barrel at 20". The Manners PRS and McMillan A-6 both speak to me, but Paul said he doesn't know when they'll be in, so Ridgeback it is. 30 MOA rail was a given, as is the Horn rings, but I'm still undecided on the scope.

As you know, I like too many X's, but whatever it wears, it'll have about 50 MOA or more built in between the rail and rings...

I'm gonna give the Trigger Tech Diamond a shot. Paul and I talked for a while and he recommended it since I'm spoiled with the 5018 Anschutz triggers.

One thing I did make sure I asked them to do, is put a bunch, at least 10, mags aside with my name. I don't want a shortage when it's time for mine to ship!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great Gobbs of Goatshit Batman! !!!
That ain’t your grandfathers rimfire!
If only I had that kind of cash...............

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
B
bhoges Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I have 2 Anschutz with 5018 triggers. I have my TT Diamond set at 5 oz. No creep very smooth.

NRA LIfe Member, Colt, Sig, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armorer, NYBIN , NYPD Firearms Examiner, Serial Number Restoration, Cerakote, Gunkote, and Duracoat finishes
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Boxer
'flave,

They are just ordinary run of the mill Peacock Bass.

That was my assumption but wanted to be sure.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Boxer
'flave,

They are just ordinary run of the mill Peacock Bass.

That was my assumption but wanted to be sure.

Thanks.

We tried to stock a few of them in our stock pond but the bluegills ate ‘em as quick as we tossed them in...pathetically docile species!

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Anybody else Vudooin?

I'm getting an uncontrollable itch.

B
bhoges Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by joshf303
Anybody else Vudooin?

I've warned my buddies if you shoot it you'll buy one. I can't wait for the weekend. I want to try some cheaper line of ammo and see how it does. CCI SV was too difficult to chamber just not worth it. Might try Eley Force I've heard some good things.

NRA LIfe Member, Colt, Sig, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armorer, NYBIN , NYPD Firearms Examiner, Serial Number Restoration, Cerakote, Gunkote, and Duracoat finishes
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got my barreled action couple weeks ago. After stocking and scoping it, took pics and of groups and sent to my shooting buds. Their all wanting to take it for a spin. Warned them if they do, they'll end up ordering one.
Fun gun for sure.

NRA Patron Member
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Anybody else Vudooin?

One of the most fun guns to shoot that I own.

I had some feeding, and thus, accuracy issues at first and had to send the rifle back. They made that process as smooth as it could have been. Even giving me his CC# over the phone to pay for the return shipping. Great company and great people. The issue was with the tolerances of the inletting of the stock, not the action.

I intend on purchasing one in HMR if/when they develop it, although I understand it’s not their top priority.

Last edited by robertham1; 08/04/18.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Anybody else Vudooin?

Yep...
Scratch it

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by robertham1
Anybody else Vudooin?

One of the most fun guns to shoot that I own.

I had some feeding, and thus, accuracy issues at first and had to send the rifle back. They made that process as smooth as it could have been. Even giving me his CC# over the phone to pay for the return shipping. Great company and great people. The issue was with the tolerances of the inletting of the stock, not the action.

I intend on purchasing one in HMR if/when they develop it, although I understand it’s not their top priority.

I remember your early posts on that. Good to hear you got it sorted out....

The CZ PT in the Manners has served well, but the daughter has laid claim to it as of late. Recently moved from a RH action over to a lefty, can't really think of a better way to build the mechanics. It'll ride in a LH PRS1 playing switcharoo with the Bighorn.

Pretty set on a Bart tube. Has anybody gone a different direction there?

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
When my brother (certifiable) and I ordered ours they suggested ACE barrels and had a few MTU’s left- so that’s the route we both went.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I emailed Vudoo about flush fit mags. Their reply stated said mags were planned "within the next year". Encouraging news!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
673 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12308300, 57 invisible), 3,119 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,742
Posts18,401,219
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.