Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'm thinking about installing some. I have some subfloors in plywood and some in Top Notch OSB. Can I use the glue down on both surfaces? Is the peal and stick kind junk? it seems it is recommended for more kinds of subfloors than the glue down.

I might even install some over some linoleum I have if it's any good. I'm getting conflicting info about installation. Do you guys know which product is more versatile as to what it will adhere to?

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It holds up well to "Dozer" traffic! grin

The only one I have experience with is allure. Through that experience I have discovered that it does very well in smaller rooms and terrible in larger rooms.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Roger will be the man to ask on this one.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, talk to Roger, he is the flooring guru around these parts. I'm interested in hearing his thoughts on this as well, I need something in my cabin that will hold to warm/cold cycles.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I did a 14x60 mobile home with allure plants and haven’t had any problems at all. I’ve also used it in a bunch of bathrooms . Worked great so far

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by srwshooter
I did a 14x60 mobile home with allure plants and haven’t had any problems at all. I’ve also used it in a bunch of bathrooms . Worked great so far

about 6 years ago I put it in 2 small rooms and the living room both small rooms are still holding up well the living room is separating in several places.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'll defer to smarter folks, for my money, I'd go for something better. The laminate is a film over Masonite, keep it dry!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Everyone told me that Vinyl Plank was the way to go in rental property so it must be tough. I'm pretty sure the laminate stuff that can't take water is a different animal.

IIRC the floor has to be reasonably level which is why I didn't use it in the place I just redone and had to go with sheet vinyl and carpet.

Last edited by RJY66; 07/17/18.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I'll defer to smarter folks, for my money, I'd go for something better. The laminate is a film over Masonite, keep it dry!

I don't think that the MDF backed garbage is even made anymore.
Waterproof vinyl laminate is some great stuff.
We put in a Southwind branded product 8mm.

It has neoprene pad on each piece and click locks together securely.
The thicker stuff will go over anything relatively flat. It's designed to be laid "floating"

Last edited by m_stevenson; 07/17/18.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Just did my whole house in this:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/LifePro...ring-20-06-sq-ft-case-I966106L/300699284

If you do it, cutting it with the shop blade is BS, use a jigsaw, 1800sqft took about 15 blades.................

Last edited by muffin; 07/17/18.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Do not install it over OSB if it is a glue down.
Install it over 1/4” luan and make sure it is level.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by muffin
Just did my whole house in this:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/LifePro...ring-20-06-sq-ft-case-I966106L/300699284

If you do it, cutting it with the shop blade is BS, use a jigsaw, 1800sqft took about 15 blades.................
We have that in our kitchen. It's great stuff. I agree that cutting it with a knife is BS. I don't think it can be done. I also used a jigsaw and it worked fine. For cutting to length, I used a miter saw with a carbide blade. It zipped right through the stuff and stayed plenty sharp.

On the other side:
In our camp trailer I used the kind with overlapping waterproof glue joints. I didn't read the fine print and that was my problem. It says in VERY small print to not use where it gets cold and the camper sits outside unheated all winter. The planks contracted in the cold and pulled the glue joints apart about 1/8". Now it's in the 90's every day. As the planks expand, the joints don't go back together so the planks buckle in the heat. Plus, there are ugly gaps between them all that collect dirt.
Some friends have the same stuff in their kitchen and it works and looks great but they have it heated. That's all the difference.
We're thinking about replacing it with the same stuff we have in the kitchen. It's thicker and heavier but will look a LOT better. However, I haven't read the fine print yet.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Buy good quality, don’t buy the cheap cshit. If you are putting it in a hose with a concrete slab, check out the ceramic tile that looks like wood.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (12344mag, 19rabbit52, 1936M71, 16penny, 17CalFan, 1lessdog, 50 invisible), 2,721 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,515
Posts18,452,689
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.