Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by centershot
Enabling does not work. Time for a new tactic.

Just stop right there, mister. You may be correct, but tough love doesn't play well on TV, social media, or liberal parties. You must be able to loudly proclaim how much you care and prove it by funneling other people's money to your noble cause.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by kenjs1
I learned a new word today. Mendicancy.

Awwww.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by kingston
Just because a man is riding a bike at night without a headlight doesn’t mean he’s homeless. This is a myth perpetuated by the internet.

grin

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by kingston
Just because a man is riding a bike at night without a headlight doesn’t mean he’s homeless. This is a myth perpetuated by the internet.

grin

mike r

wink grin

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can we just shoot them? You know, thinning out the herd a little.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The Portland City Council and the mayor continue to pursue policies that make Portland an attractive destination for the homeless. Homeless people may have problems, but they know enough to go where life will be easy for them. As long as the city continues on that path, things will just keep getting worse.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ever see those lists on “best places to live” and “best places to retire”? Well, thank goodness for places like Seattle, Portland and San Francisco. Although I haven’t seen a formal list, they appear to rank among the best places for homeless people, and they are excellent resources for impecunious people looking for referrals on places to live. They offer decent climates, “legal” pot, free land, and hands-off law enforcement, and the directions are simple (head west until you can’t go any farther). (They also are great places for people with immigration problems, so they should make that list as well.)

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by 12344mag
That's funny, Liberals eating Liberals.

Xactamundo

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Can we just shoot them? You know, thinning out the herd a little.

Gas is more efficient. Plus the collateral damage it causes on non-target vermin will be beneficial too since most of them (registered democraps) are also part of the problem.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
LOL. "Ways to help the homeless" "Need more resources". When do you think they it will click that "helping" the homeless increases the homeless population?

Never mind...it's Portland.

There is a lot of truth to this . Calgary had an old decrepit drop in center without much capacity.

To their credit, the do-gooders raised a lot of money and built a state of the art drop inn center. Well the word got out and next thing you knew, bums from all over Canada. The DI is over capacity, we have the Mustard Seed, Inn from the Cold, the Dream Center, CUPS and more.

We still have homeless camping in the parks, under bridges etc..

When I have dealt with the homeless panhandling from vehicles in public, it is evident that a high percentage have untreated or poorly treated mental illness and/or drug or alcohol addictions.

The campers/rough sleepers will not go to shelters, "I get sick in the shelter", "Too many rules.".

I have suggested to some their hop the rails to Vancouver, the Climate is milder.

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I don’t profile them, I avoid them.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Higbean
Had a hard time getting past the eyebrows on the dude reporting from the street. Yeeeeeesh...

Your comment caused me to watch the video. I envisioned an older man with with great big bushy out of control eyebrows. Not an older woman with squirrel tails glued to her forehead.

She really needs a makeover.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,327 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,661
Posts18,455,712
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.