-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd think one would have a sensation of his head imploding every time a round was fired. That had to have hurt, and he'll most certainly file for a hearing disability in the near future.
As a stupid kid, I once fired a round through the open rear window of a station wagon from the driver's seat. Rest assured, I will never do that again.

Last edited by 1minute; 07/17/18.

1Minute
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I would think that reckless or not,I don't know of anyone of us that wouldn't be shooting back as fast and good as we could if we were being shot at.
Yea,in I might be responsible for every round but the main thing going through someone's mind right then is surviving,not to hold back because
someone could get hurt.

thats interesting, that cop fired 30 rounds...now what if a person with their family had police rounds whiz past and hit some of their family,

would you consider that a threat you are entitled to give an armed respond to?...first utmost priority is to look after yer family...
hence neutralise ANY imminent threat as best and as rapidly as one can.....or does that liberty only apply to cops?

I doubt cops would be too happy or understanding if you hit and killed one of theirs when just trying to look after your family.
do you think LE would refrain from attempting to prosecute you?

now keep in mind... cops will approach the wrong home with a no-knock warrant and shoot dead the totally innocent resident
for simply trying to protect himself from an invasive threat...and police will argue to the judge that their actions were totally justified.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
This makes for interesting video..... is this discussed in LEO training? Looks like it worked... Not sure if this guy will ever hear again???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfac5DxRchk&ab_channel=NewYorkPost

He may have to ask people to repeat themselves from now on, but they won't be planning his funeral tomorrow. When the gunfight starts, the only thing that matters is that you WIN.

Good job. He didnt hide in a stairwell or outside the school.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by Sako76
I know the New Jersey state Police practice shooting left handed oot the drivers side window while going in reverse! Done while practicing night shooting. Why would you shoot your windshield out when it's the only thing protecting you?

If I can shoot burrets through my windshield, from inside, exactly what is it protecting me from inbound from the outside?

He may be a democrat.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I don't know that it's taught but it makes perfect sense to fire through a soft barrier to hit something on the other side.

spencer and starman should less time spooning with one another.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
I don't know that it's taught but it makes perfect sense to fire through a soft barrier to hit something on the other side.

spencer and starman should less time spooning with one another.

It is taught in my training classes.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I wrote that poorly.

I was trying to say I don't know if that cop or other cops I've seen recently were taught to do it or just did it instinctively.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
We trained for shooting through windshields at the Sheriff's Office here in Florida. Of course it is a last ditched effort to save yourself, but it works! You need to at least try and send all the rounds through the same hole in the windshield, but it can be done with accuracy. One of the instructors was easily able to hit steel targets at 15 meters consistently. If someone is approaching your vehicle and firing at you....shooting back through the windshield works!

A lion does not concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by muffin
Does add another dimension to '...Has he been Mirandized yet!?!?!?...'
In the heat of a gun battle, the cop's not going to take the time to Mirandize someone intent on killing him.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Starman

thats interesting, that cop fired 30 rounds...now what if a person with their family had police rounds whiz past and hit some of their family,

would you consider that a threat you are entitled to give an armed respond to?...first utmost priority is to look after yer family...
hence neutralise ANY imminent threat as best and as rapidly as one can.....or does that liberty only apply to cops?

I doubt cops would be too happy or understanding if you hit and killed one of theirs when just trying to look after your family.
do you think LE would refrain from attempting to prosecute you?

now keep in mind... cops will approach the wrong home with a no-knock warrant and shoot dead the totally innocent resident
for simply trying to protect himself from an invasive threat...and police will argue to the judge that their actions were totally justified.

When you've got nothing to offer, change the topic.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gophergunner
In the heat of a gun battle, the cop's not going to take the time to Mirandize someone intent on killing him.

One of the dudes' names was Miranda. He exercised his right to remain silent.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by gophergunner

Whoooooooooosh!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 007FJ
The officer responded great and using two hands with a sight picture is so much smarter than some hanging an arm out the window movie bs.

The reload was fine too. Adrenaline pumping, talk on the radio, yell at suspects, seat belt, car in park or neutral, door open, eject mag, reload, work the slide all while keeping focus on two bad guys.

I realize many people run dry runs in their brain and do it flawless and smooth every time...welcome to REALITY.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 1minute
I'd think one would have a sensation of his head imploding every time a round was fired. That had to have hurt, and he'll most certainly file for a hearing disability in the near future.
As a stupid kid, I once fired a round through the open rear window of a station wagon from the driver's seat. Rest assured, I will never do that again.

you don't even think about any of that when you are in a fight.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
https://youtu.be/5locEWj1rMU

Might want to watch this.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Mirandized?......really? Obviously someone doesn't know Dik about the law!

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Seems like it could make driving more difficult if you completely spider web the windshield in front of you while driving..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Aim low when shooting through a windshield. Don't worry about your hearing or spiderwebs, put the threat down.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by 007FJ
Aim low when shooting through a windshield. Don't worry about your hearing or spiderwebs, put the threat down.

I agree, when not driving. Could make it a little hard to continue a high speed pursuit when you can't see (driving), though.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57
Mirandized?......really? Obviously someone doesn't know Dik about the law!

Ron

Do you know the name of the ones that were shot........................ did you read the article????

Sheeeeesh, some of this group is a bit obtuse................. Or maybe my attempt at a little levity was too cryptic............

Ernest Arturo Miranda( the guy from Arizona, the guy in the LANDMARK SCOTUS RULING) - 'you have the right to, yadda, yadda, yadda.........'

OR

Fidel Miranda (THE GUY IN THE ARTICLE, THE GUY IN THE CAR, THE GUY THAT GOT SHOT) - Bam, Bam.....bambambam,....Bam, Bam..................

Rant - OFF

It's probably MY fault..................

Last edited by muffin; 07/18/18.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (1beaver_shooter, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1234, 58 invisible), 3,353 guests, and 1,120 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,297
Posts18,468,035
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.