24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 23 of 25 1 2 21 22 23 24 25
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
All Trystan has proven is that he can’t count.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
BP-B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Trystan, Who hurt you? Can somebody send him a stuffed doll so he can point to all his pain? JFC! 😎

Bwahahaha!!!!
Omg rolmfao!!!!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kingston

Or tell the truth. Which has been demonstrated time and time again.

Last edited by AKwolverine; 07/17/18.
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I’m sure I’ll get flamed myself for this, but why do so many on here get so riled up over other folks’ optics reviews and opinions? Maybe I missed something. Lots of spleen venting to be sure.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WAM, Not a bad question...For me personally, if a scope is being portrayed as a higher, repeatedly performing optic that suffers fatalities that begin with a 12” drop to a Padded Mat” and then suffers zeroing issue from the soft drop...That’s a red flag. And, that’s right out of the gate for testing by a professional gun and optics user/expert with no agenda.

The problem that gets people “flamed” is instead of calling it a potential issue that may be isolated to just this scope and another scope is offered up for the same-same test. Marketing wants to explore every other potential reason for the failure even going so far as to say in essence the tester had an agenda to prove failure...Or, the scope was passed around like a drunk prom queen runner-up and it’s unknown condition of the scope at the time the Pro shooter/user/tester received it was already damaged, making the test unfair.

I Rep’d high end products for over 20 years. Schit happens! If it’s important to a manufacturer to remedy a core belief based on a test by an individual who is respected almost unanimously that went contrary to the marketing message for the scope...You simply say, “this scope appears to have failed.” I will order up another scope for a test. Then me, as the rep, and my company would look forward to what is learned so we can say either the first scope was a “one off failure”, if the new scope test performed perfectly.

Should the new scope fail again, like the first scope...The information is fed back to the company and either improvements are made to correct the issues uncovered twice...Or, the marketing message gets changed to “It has great optical clarity and will perform above your expectation if mounted on a 22LR...Just my opinion...And I only speak for 1/2 % of the Fire members. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston

Well, that and he likes it up the pooper.

B
bhoges Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
One thing I have to state is you'll be hard pressed to find a customer who purchased a Tract and isn't happy. I just mounted a Tekoa on my Ruger #1 in 6PPC. I hope to get some rounds down range on Sunday.

NRA LIfe Member, Colt, Sig, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armorer, NYBIN , NYPD Firearms Examiner, Serial Number Restoration, Cerakote, Gunkote, and Duracoat finishes
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Brian, how about doing the "Box test" for us, twice, with photo's? Thanks RJ

B
bhoges Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by rj308
Brian, how about doing the "Box test" for us, twice, with photo's? Thanks RJ

Of course and I will conduct a tall tracking test as well. If you read my other review you'll see the enclosed targets I used.

NRA LIfe Member, Colt, Sig, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armorer, NYBIN , NYPD Firearms Examiner, Serial Number Restoration, Cerakote, Gunkote, and Duracoat finishes
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I realize this has become a Tract bashing and shellacking thread, but the Toric 8x42 binos are on closeout for $565........this would be stealing. They are solidly in the Meostar HD, Razor HD, Gold Ring HD, and Conquest HD arena.

Now carry on with the persecution.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Im having trouble counting all the horse tails on this thread!

precision is group shooting, accuracy is hitting your intended target.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rogn
Im having trouble counting all the horse tails on this thread!

PM Trystan.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Beaver10
WAM, Not a bad question...For me personally, if a scope is being portrayed as a higher, repeatedly performing optic that suffers fatalities that begin with a 12” drop to a Padded Mat” and then suffers zeroing issue from the soft drop...That’s a red flag. And, that’s right out of the gate for testing by a professional gun and optics user/expert with no agenda.

The problem that gets people “flamed” is instead of calling it a potential issue that may be isolated to just this scope and another scope is offered up for the same-same test. Marketing wants to explore every other potential reason for the failure even going so far as to say in essence the tester had an agenda to prove failure...Or, the scope was passed around like a drunk prom queen runner-up and it’s unknown condition of the scope at the time the Pro shooter/user/tester received it was already damaged, making the test unfair.

I Rep’d high end products for over 20 years. Schit happens! If it’s important to a manufacturer to remedy a core belief based on a test by an individual who is respected almost unanimously that went contrary to the marketing message for the scope...You simply say, “this scope appears to have failed.” I will order up another scope for a test. Then me, as the rep, and my company would look forward to what is learned so we can say either the first scope was a “one off failure”, if the new scope test performed perfectly.

Should the new scope fail again, like the first scope...The information is fed back to the company and either improvements are made to correct the issues uncovered twice...Or, the marketing message gets changed to “It has great optical clarity and will perform above your expectation if mounted on a 22LR...Just my opinion...And I only speak for 1/2 % of the Fire members. 😎

It is all about comparable products and expectations.

Test a $600.00 hunting scope against a big heavy $2,200. model, and treat them both like a basketball.

Things can happen. This is no surprise. I speak for 95% of Fire members.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
At least the tract guy is on here interacting and engaging users in discussion.

Go read the new username "leupoldoptics" Sig line on his profile
In the vx6 failure thread

Basically

Won't engage in discussions or answer pm,s
Contact customer service link provided

Whatever.............

He still ain't opened my pm laugh whistle laugh

Might even be a sock puppet?

Last edited by renegade50; 07/18/18.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Is this what you’re talking about?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Yep.......
Why even bother setting up a username.....

Last edited by renegade50; 07/19/18.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Nobody is “personally attacking you”.... lets leave the “everyone is picking on me” martyr card to the snowflakes.

Generally speaking, Tract flamed themselves..... and your cop-outs (as outlined by 4th Point above) aren’t doing you, or Tract, any favors.

I've never heard of a thin skinned Long Islander, until now grin

Tract fruit died on the vine, again. Too bad, as there is a captive audience that would verify and confirm the claims of Tract. It could be a slam dunk for Tract if they had solid product and spokesman.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Farmboy1,

Actually the Response scope Formidilosus tested is listed at $374 on the Tract site, not $600.

Among the interesting things about this entire thread is how many Campfire members apparently think the failed test of one less-expensive Tract scope means ALL Tract scopes will fail in the same way. This reasoning is known as a "false syllogism," such as "My Labrador retriever is black, therefore all Labs are black." (An even more appropriate false syllogism on the Optics forum would be, "The Leupold scope I've owned for 30 years has never failed, therefore Leupold scopes don't fail.)

Now, before the Response dust-up, Tract said all their scopes are built to the same standards, which is almost as illogical. However, a bunch of other people have tested Tract's highest-priced Toric scope considerably, including one "drop test" I know of identical to Formidilosus's test, a foot onto a pad on top of a shooting bench. The Toric held up fine, and also adjusted accurately, unlike the Response scope.

Yet we keep repeatedly hearing from Campfire members who've never even seen any model of Tract scope, much less mounted one on a rifle, about how they're all OBVIOUSLY pieces of junk. However, I'm not very surprised by this, since after all the Campfire's an Internet site.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What HAS surprised me is the "dedication" of the no-experience naysayers. The effort expended to discredit something they don't own, or use boggles my feeble old mind. There's lots of stuff I don't care for but I haven't launched a campaign to drive the makers out of business. Must be some kind of personality quirk.

What fresh Hell is this?
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Originally Posted by Pappy348
What HAS surprised me is the "dedication" of the no-experience naysayers. The effort expended to discredit something they don't own, or use boggles my feeble old mind. There's lots of stuff I don't care for but I haven't launched a campaign to drive the makers out of business. Must be some kind of personality quirk.

The "dedication of the no-experience naysayers" does surprise me, too.

Page 23 of 25 1 2 21 22 23 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
199 members (257 roberts, 12344mag, 257robertsimp, 160user, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 18 invisible), 1,847 guests, and 866 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,787
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.