D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by djs
Looks like its going to cost more for the Chinese people to eat. Better start growing soybean.

China is already switching grain suppliers; US farmers will be the losers. And, these are long-term agreements, so it will be difficult for US farmers to recover these lost sales for many years.

So these other grain suppliers can pick up China and still full fill current obligations?

Yes. The US is the 4th largest grain producing nation and those hat produce more are stepping up production. US production will be missed, but others are stepping up and increasing production.
see: https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/top-wheat-producing-countries.html

Additionally, Wisconsin dairy farmers and cheese makers will be hurt as they export cheese.
see: http://www.wbay.com/content/news/Wi...-of-Trade-War-and-tariffs-488342881.html
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/china-us-tariff-impact-on-wisconsin-cheese-industry/

BP-B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Ermegerreed!

Trade deals are not static. Sheesh.

I am MAGA.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Paddler
This is self inflicted and completely unnecessary damage. Life is hard, Toot. It's harder when you're stupid.

When it comes to harder and stupid, I’ll leave that you, Doc. BTW, you need to run now as I hear one of your patients screaming.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by djs
Looks like its going to cost more for the Chinese people to eat. Better start growing soybean.

China is already switching grain suppliers; US farmers will be the losers. And, these are long-term agreements, so it will be difficult for US farmers to recover these lost sales for many years.

Wrong. These are not long term agreements. You may recall a few yrs back when China gave a good head fake saying we are cutting our corn purchases by 60%, corn dropped, China then bought all they needed at the lower price and then made money through a shell organization that went short on corn futures prior to the announcement of buying less.

They ain’t dumb. They believe in “China First”. Ring a bell for ya, just maybe?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
Originally Posted by Bearcat74
Originally Posted by Steelhead
You poor old fool. There's still time for you to board the Trump Express. 6 1/2 more years to be exact.........

[Linked Image]

Where did you get that? I want one. Thanks

2020- Trump Hat

MAGA - MAGA Hat

Yeah, that's the guy. He has several different ones.

Is the hat made in the USA?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hahaha!

I am MAGA.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Bearcat74
Originally Posted by Steelhead
You poor old fool. There's still time for you to board the Trump Express. 6 1/2 more years to be exact.........

[Linked Image]

Where did you get that? I want one. Thanks

2020- Trump Hat

MAGA - MAGA Hat

Yeah, that's the guy. He has several different ones.

Is the hat made in the USA?

Bangladesh, so at least it's not Chinese........... eek

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
You gotta feel a bit sorry for the Bangladesh people......

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Commies don't deserve to own enough land to lose $150K on any damn crop.

"Property is theft!"

Let that fugger take a job patchin' the roads.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like time to buy American ....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Sounds like time to buy American ....

Atv, my 2cousins and I have some soybeans we can sell you. Didn’t fool with corn this year and will double crop with wheat if the weather holds. All of it American quality.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't like tariffs of any kind. They are too discriminate, helping one person, while they hurt another. I own a farm, and a lot of my income comes from that farm. The neighbor who rents the cropland has about 100 acres in soybeans here, and I want him to make money, because if he does, then he can keep leasing my land at the current rate. If crop prices go down, then he won't be able to keep paying me at that rate.

What helps some person in the steel industry, is of little concern to me, and I'm sure he has little compassion for the farmers. China will benefit, America will pay the price.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I don't like tariffs of any kind. They are too discriminate, helping one person, while they hurt another. I own a farm, and a lot of my income comes from that farm. The neighbor who rents the cropland has about 100 acres in soybeans here, and I want him to make money, because if he does, then he can keep leasing my land at the current rate. If crop prices go down, then he won't be able to keep paying me at that rate.

What helps some person in the steel industry, is of little concern to me, and I'm sure he has little compassion for the farmers. China will benefit, America will pay the price.

James just the boys talking here but you might consider partnering with that guy. We started in 1971 with a leased 440 acres, hit it big at 13$/bushel and 38 bushels/acre. Big for us just starting out. Now up to 2200 acres and got part of that by partnering with the landowner giving him the 1st 10 bushels off every acre saving us the initial rental fee upfront. A big risk but Mother Nature blessed us. Some years we were able to beat the clock and doubled down with winter wheat.
There are other ways, too. I’m now pretty much out of the active part of it, gradually fading to the background. Can’t say I miss it.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

I don't like tariffs either. If America can get every country it trades with to stop sticking America in the ass with them it would be a better world.

Until then,..what's good for the goose has to be good for the gander.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by djs

So these other grain suppliers can pick up China and still full fill current obligations?

Yes. The US is the 4th largest grain producing nation and those hat produce more are stepping up production. US production will be missed, but others are stepping up and increasing production.
see: https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/top-wheat-producing-countries.html

Additionally, Wisconsin dairy farmers and cheese makers will be hurt as they export cheese.
see: http://www.wbay.com/content/news/Wi...-of-Trade-War-and-tariffs-488342881.html
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/china-us-tariff-impact-on-wisconsin-cheese-industry/

dairy fsrmers are going out of bsuiness daily thanks to NAFTA and the parts of it that require us to buy so many hundreds of thousands of gallons of raw milk from canada every year, all while they have been imposing a tarrif on US dairy goods of 237%

let alone the red tape and horseshidt creameries here have to go theough to ship over seas

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Commodities have always been a risky business. Politics, weather, bad seed, and now beans are suffering a worm infestation, same for sweet corn and grain corn.

You need to stick to medicine, Doc.

If he is actually a doc, there ain't no way I'd let the dumb SOB around me.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Well ain't that sweet, worried about your own self, while not worried at all about folks in the steel industry. No wonder we are in the shape we are in. Way to many NIMBYs'

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Whoops...typo. should have been 801-277-7176

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495

Well ain't that sweet, worried about your own self, while not worried at all about folks in the steel industry. No wonder we are in the shape we are in. Way to many NIMBYs'

I don't figure too many of them are worried about the farmers, so there ya go. By the way, you can't eat steel.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

James just the boys talking here but you might consider partnering with that guy. We started in 1971 with a leased 440 acres, hit it big at 13$/bushel and 38 bushels/acre. Big for us just starting out. Now up to 2200 acres and got part of that by partnering with the landowner giving him the 1st 10 bushels off every acre saving us the initial rental fee upfront. A big risk but Mother Nature blessed us. Some years we were able to beat the clock and doubled down with winter wheat.
There are other ways, too. I’m now pretty much out of the active part of it, gradually fading to the background. Can’t say I miss it.

Toot, I farmed for a long time, grew soybeans, corn, wheat, and tobacco. I'm content to raise cattle on part of the farm, and to let someone else worry about the row crops. My son wants us to go back to cropping it ourselves, but I don't want to invest in the necessary equipment, nor take the risks involved. I'll just let someone else worry about the weather and low prices, and let him cash rent it.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
797 members (10gaugemag, 163bc, 12344mag, 007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 78 invisible), 3,215 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,710
Posts18,400,170
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.