Print Thread
Hop To
B
Bighorn Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
I have an ICC aluminum 2-gun case that I have owned for a number of years, but have not used for the past 5-6 or so for travel to Africa, etc. This case has a rod that extends through all four locking latches, and is locked at one end, effectively barring any entry into the case at any lock. In past years, it has never been an issue.

My question is this- all of the stuff I read, including the travel agent stuff prior to my next trip to SA next month, says that every lockable hole must be locked. Does this mean I have to ditch the long rod, and put a lock on every locking latch instead?
When in an airport, getting stuff checked in and inspected by TSA, etc., I am usually in no mood for 'experimentation' on subjects such as rifle case lock systems.

Any recent experience with my rifle case model, or similar ones that use rods to lock multiple locking latches?
Input/experience appreciated, thanks.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
GB1

T
T
Bighorn, I own a Kalispel gun case with the rod in it and one lock on the end. I just got back from South Africa on June 22nd. I had absolutely no problems using the one lock and having the rod in the others. I used Alaska airlines and Emirates w/o any problems. TSA was perfectly fine with the rod and 1 lock. If you have any questions send me a PM and I talk with you on the phone.

B
Bighorn Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Thanks for the info!

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I travelled to South Africa in May and returned mid June. Used my usual aluminum Impact case with the same rod system you described, one big lock securing the rod. Transited through Madrid on the way over and Doha on the return trip. Airlines involved were American, Iberia, SAA and Quatar. Absolutely no issues. No worries. keep a spare lock in the gun case just in case.

Enjoy your hunt!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I saw several gun cases like that. No problems.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (44automag, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 6mmCreedmoor, 6MMWASP, 358WCF, 13 invisible), 1,529 guests, and 855 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,658
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.