Print Thread
Hop To
#12998271 07/18/18
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Those of you that have recliners, what brand do you like? We are looking to get a couple, his and hers. I've had Lazy Boy in the past. Those you have to keep well away from a wall behind to lay it back. I thought others recline outwards so the chair can be placed close to a wall.

Anyway, looking for opinions. Thanks.

GB1

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lane

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you go electric go quality. The jack screw actuators tend to go pretty fast on the cheap ones and replacements aren't cheap. Same with tip-up chairs.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Flexsteel

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
LA - Z- BOY makes a wall away model and a rocker recliner version. Sold all the brands over the years and LA-Z-BOY is the most reliable of them all. I like the rocker recliner because the foot rest has a ratchet that you can adjust the foot rest to the height you like.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by WayneShaw
Those of you that have recliners, what brand do you like? We are looking to get a couple, his and hers. I've had Lazy Boy in the past. Those you have to keep well away from a wall behind to lay it back. I thought others recline outwards so the chair can be placed close to a wall.

Anyway, looking for opinions. Thanks.

Recliners that can be placed close against a wall and recline forward are generally referred to as 'wall-away' recliners .

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Lane - mine is about 15 years old. Other than a broken bolt, it's lasted very well

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
We have Lane also. They have held up well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've had a leather Lane for about twenty years now.
Never a problem other than it's starting to show it's age.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
La-zee-boy quality is down the tubes in the last 5 to 10 years. I bought one last year and had to have it worked on 2 different times by their "chair tech". They didn't put in a main bolt on one component and it fell apart trying to recline it, and right before the warranty expired, the seat area came un-stapled and pulled apart so bad it needed major rebuilding. If it had happened a month later, they would have told me to shove it. When I first bought it I discovered the reclining problem, and even though I hadn't had it home for more than 1 day, the local La-zee-boy dealer would not take it back, and was rude to me when I dared question him about why. It took them 2 weeks to fix it both times. If he was talking to me like that in person, I might have gone to jail. I don't know how they stay in business the way he talked acted. I'll never buy anything from them again.

Last edited by reivertom; 07/18/18.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My La-z-boy fell apart. They had 3 models . Small , medium and large. They had the large on sale for the same price as the medium. I bought the large. It was rated for 400 lbs. I called them 4 or 5 times. They hauled it of and repaired it . It keep falling apart. Last straw was when main frame broke.
I then bought a Flex Steel. I’ve had it about 18 months, no problems at all. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by reivertom
La-zee-boy quality is down the tubes in the last 5 to 10 years. I bought one last year and had to have it worked on 2 different times by their "chair tech". They didn't put in a main bolt on one component and it fell apart trying to recline it, and right before the warranty expired, the seat area came un-stapled and pulled apart so bad it needed major rebuilding. If it had happened a month later, they would have told me to shove it. When I first bought it I discovered the reclining problem, and even though I hadn't had it home for more than 1 day, the local La-zee-boy dealer would not take it back, and was rude to me when I dared question him about why. It took them 2 weeks to fix it both times. If he was talking to me like that in person, I might have gone to jail. I don't know how they stay in business the way he talked acted. I'll never buy anything from them again.

Reivertom.

You are probably more up to date on their current quality. I have been out of that business for quite awhile now. My brother is still a dealer so I will check with him. Regarding the dealer treatment... I would go straight to the manufacturer or, another dealer who may want your future business. Most dealers are independents last I knew.

I still use a la-z-boy that is 25 years old and never had a problem.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My 25 year old leather Flexsteel has served me well.A few battle scars but other than that truly a solid war horse.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I buy them big, fat, wide sumbitches that they run on special fer $295 on the 4th of July down to the discount furniture store.

I sit in it during the day,...the dog sleeps in it at night,....after a couple of years it gets filled up with farts and covered in dog hair,...and I stick it out on the curb and go get another one.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
These,.....

[Linked Image]

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
It looks comfortable!

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by hanco
It looks comfortable!

Yeah,...it's good for a cheap ass recliner.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Barkalounger.......great quality. Maybe a little more pricey......but worth it.

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Very informative, thanks all! We'll give the Lane brand a real hard look now. I guess all the advertisement LazyBoy does is effective, thought they were the top brand.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

159 members (2UP, 338reddog, 35, 44mc, 007FJ, 17 invisible), 1,504 guests, and 889 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,600
Posts18,454,582
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.