Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by deflave
I don't know that it's taught but it makes perfect sense to fire through a soft barrier to hit something on the other side.

spencer and starman should less time spooning with one another.

It is taught in my training classes.
Spooning?

J/K.....lol

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 007FJ
Aim low when shooting through a windshield. Don't worry about your hearing or spiderwebs, put the threat down.

Also aim low when the enemy is riding Shetland ponies.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The officer was coming to a stop and was shooting through the windshield as suppressive fire so they couldn’t take aim while he got out of the car. I’m pretty sure he didn’t expect to actually hit them but it sure made it safer to exit his car.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

The results indicate he was sufficiently trained.

This time around...that mag change was atrociously slow and clumsy at a time when some quick ballsy perp could have him pinned and drilled in his PV...
what one may be able to do at the academy may not translate to the street.

The video I watched showed a cop in high speed pursuit, navigating heavy traffic, reporting the activity over the radio and still manages to stay on the perp’s ass, get his pistol out and fire at the perp!

Michael Jordan’s best antics on a basketball court wouldn’t rival this guy’s physical prowess in this incident. Your criticism is about as valid as those desk jockeys that wanted to castigate Chesley Sullenberger...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
My guess is that the first shot was loud, but then again, maybe not. During a SNS dump, it is pretty common for auditory exclusion to kick in.
Auditory exclusion doesn't mean you aren't deafened by the sound, it just means you don't notice being deafened.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

The results indicate he was sufficiently trained.

This time around...that mag change was atrociously slow and clumsy at a time when some quick ballsy perp could have him pinned and drilled in his PV...
what one may be able to do at the academy may not translate to the street.

The video I watched showed a cop in high speed pursuit, navigating heavy traffic, reporting the activity over the radio and still manages to stay on the perp’s ass, get his pistol out and fire at the perp!

Michael Jordan’s best antics on a basketball court wouldn’t rival this guy’s physical prowess in this incident. Your criticism is about as valid as those desk jockeys that wanted to castigate Chesley Sullenberger...

Starboy hasn't done anything in his miserable life. Therefore he doesn't KNOW anything. He's just another sockpuppet troll.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I would love to read the write-up for whatever commendation this cop deserves. He was awesome.

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
The officer was coming to a stop and was shooting through the windshield as suppressive fire so they couldn’t take aim while he got out of the car. I’m pretty sure he didn’t expect to actually hit them but it sure made it safer to exit his car.

That makes more sense, then. Good work by the officer.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
The officer did fine!!

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
WOW! +P+

After seeing many of the responses, I'm wanting to make reservations to take Crimson Tide and NHK9 with me to any type of gunfight...

Besides, I've seen both of them shoot....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
My guess is that the first shot was loud, but then again, maybe not. During a SNS dump, it is pretty common for auditory exclusion to kick in.
Auditory exclusion doesn't mean you aren't deafened by the sound, it just means you don't notice being deafened.

I'm well aware of auditory exclusion and deafness. I have the T shirt for both. If you read my post closely, you'll notice I didn't say anything about AE preventing hearing loss.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ingwe
WOW! +P+

After seeing many of the responses, I'm wanting to make reservations to take Crimson Tide and NHK9 with me to any type of gunfight...

Besides, I've seen both of them shoot....

Count on cheating. It is my policy.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by shrapnel

I have zero desire to get into the OP’s conversation....

Good on the cop for killing bad guys.... but... the cheerleading is a bit much.

“Michael Jordan’s best antics on a basketball court wouldn’t rival this guy’s physical prowess in this incident”

No. Anyone that’s actually skilled could, and would tear it apart. Just because he or an innocent didn’t die, doesn’t mean he’s better at his “game” than a world class athlete is at their “game”.

This-

“high speed pursuit, navigating heavy traffic, reporting the activity over the radio and still manages to stay on the perp’s ass, get his pistol out and fire at the perp”

Is called his job. It’s what should be expected, and mandated from him and his coworkers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well you have your say and as wrong as you may be you are entitled to do so. Michael Jordan, Ted Williams or Wayne Gretzky performed at the top of their respective sports, but they trained with controlled circumstances knowing if they goofed up they could do it over.

You really need to get shot at during a high speed chase and you may change your mind about his job description and the practice a cop gets to deal with those circumstances.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
One thing we always did right after a mission or exercise was an After Action Review or "Hot Wash". This allowed us to point out strengths and weaknesses in training, SOPs, and equipment and it's a good habit to get into IMO regardless of what you call it.

Just because everyone survived with no injuries doesn't mean you can't do it better the next time the SHTF.

If I was that cop I'd be looking at the video and seeing if there were things I could improve in.

Oh and Shrapnel, I'm pretty sure Formidilosous has been shot at more than once unless I'm completely wrong about where he is.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dodgefan
One thing we always did right after a mission or exercise was an After Action Review or "Hot Wash". This allowed us to point out strengths and weaknesses in training, SOPs, and equipment and it's a good habit to get into IMO regardless of what you call it.

Just because everyone survived with no injuries doesn't mean you can't do it better the next time the SHTF.

If I was that cop I'd be looking at the video and seeing if there were things I could improve in.

Oh and Shrapnel, I'm pretty sure Formidilosous has been shot at more than once unless I'm completely wrong about where he is.

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.c...d3f7f9e-7b33-562c-bcc2-cffce03182dd.html

The world is full of tough guys that know all about these circumstances. My son is a LEO and was one of the first on the scene to this fatal shooting of another officer. He didn’t get to look at a video to see what he could do better...

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I'm not saying I could of done better in that particular set of circumstances. My only somewhat relevant experience is infantry based anyhow and we had close air support.

It doesn't mean the officer and his department can't look at the video and try and get better at their job. I'm not trying to denigrate the officer at all as he managed a tough situation and survived, but he would be foolish IMO if he doesn't try to learn from it and get better at his job.

Do you think the department your son works for looked at what happened (in the incident you linked) and tried to learn from it?

I'm fairly certain that department training, SOPs and equipment are driven in part by actual incidents and also possible scenarios that they figure they are likely to encounter. Unfortunately sometimes those lessons learned are purchased with blood.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Muffin, sorry my thick skull missed the humor! That is kinda funny.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
When you think you are good enough, you are wrong. Professionals always seek to improve.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
How can police be sure theres not a child in the back seat? Seems somewhat reckless to shoot into a car when they dont know what/who else might be in it. Shooting out a tire or into the engine compartment I can see...

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 55 invisible), 2,510 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,501
Posts18,452,509
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.