~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Actually, if this shooting is justified (which it doesn't seem to me), it would have nothing at all to do with stand your ground, because being on the ground makes it highly unlikely that he could retreat from a quick follow up attack.

IF the attack resumed, and IF he felt he could not retreat, it could be justified. But NOT as his attacker is withdrawing and the immediate threat is gone.

Well, yeah. I've already said that was my take on it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How many shots do you guys see being fired?

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Police stated that only 1 shot was fired.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like recoil from at least two shots.

Drejka then pulled out a handgun and shot McGlockton once in the chest. Gualtieri specified that Drejka took four seconds to fire his weapon.

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/n...r-parking-space-leads-to-fatal-shooting#

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
that's way you should not put your hands on somebody you do not know. you mite get your a$$ shot

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Dead groid, got what was coming to him. One down millions to go.

Fück Joe byron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Funny how so many people responding here know more about Florida law than the sheriff who has watched the video and heard what witnesses had to say.....

A prosecutor is going to have a tough time winning a case when the sheriff has said publicly that the shooting was justified.

Cancer Sucks
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickBin

I think I see 2 shots fired, one is reported as hitting its target.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RickBin

The video looks like two.

Not that it matters.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by hanco
He fired in amongst them!!

Yep. One of 'em needed some relief! grin

A half assed step back by the aggressor doesn't mean he wasn't going to finish the physical attack that he began. He won't be attacking a much smaller, possibly physically disabled fellow again.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

M
Muffin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by BeanMan
[ Pussificatiin? I agree, I’d have used my fists, that people think they need to have a gun instead of their own fists shows how far we have fallen in the last 50 years or so.

What if the weapons had been reversed!?!?!?!?

What if the guy had charged out of the store with a gun and capped the 'old' guy....... should the 'old' guy have used 'fists' ....... as you say!?!?!?

Last edited by muffin; 07/21/18.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Hey man nice shot!

Fück Joe byron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
... The attack was already in the past, and there was no sign of a new attack coming. ..

Well that depends,... the physical attacker is then seen reaching for his waist after the push ,
apparently that sort of action its good enough reasoning [in many LEO minds] to swiss cheese someone.

but courtrooms tend allow LE to get away with responses they would not allow an ordinary pleb.citizen.

one could argue he was not shot while his hands were at his waste, but how does one establish that
the shooter wasn't not in fair and reasonable imminent fear of harm or his life?
If he claimed to see or just fear a gun [even if only imagined] is that sufficient?...cops have used such defence
and courtroom judges have bought it.

Anyone who decides to physicAlly assault someone, and doesn't have a good follow up response to counter
something the other party may then do....

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by muffin
Originally Posted by BeanMan
[ Pussificatiin? I agree, I’d have used my fists, that people think they need to have a gun instead of their own fists shows how far we have fallen in the last 50 years or so.

What if the weapons had been reversed!?!?!?!?

What if the guy had charged out of the store with a gun and capped the 'old' guy....... should the 'old' guy have used 'fists' ....... as you say!?!?!?=

The ‘Old Guy’ was 47, I guess you could make up a situation like, “what if the guy had charged out with a gun”. Except he didn’t. I am 58 and would have used my fists.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Actually, I would not have had to use my fists, I would not have placed myself in that situation. Fighting over a parking spot to the death. Brilliant move.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
quote]..
CLEARWATER — Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri announced Friday that his agency will not arrest a man deputies say shot and killed
another man during an argument over a handicap parking space.

The incident falls under Florida’s self-defense law known as "stand your ground," the sheriff said during a news conference. The law gives
immunity to those in fear of their lives who use force to defend themselves.

The shooting "is within the bookends of ‘stand your ground’ and within the bookends of force being justified," the sheriff said, later adding,
"I’m not saying I agree with it, but I don’t make that call."

"This will go to the state attorney. Drejka will not be charged [and] will not be arrested by us," Sheriff Gualtieri said.

"The state attorney will review it and either he’ll concur or not. And, if he concurs, then there’ll be no charge. Period. If he doesn’t concur, then he’ll make a
determination as to what to do with it. And, if he feels like he can overcome that heavy burden at a Stand Your Ground hearing of proving
by clear and convincing evidence that Drejka was not entitled to use force in this circumstance, then that’s the state attorney’s determination to make."

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Sheriffs are not attorneys. I think he misunderstands stand your ground. Unless, as someone suggested, the other guy made moves like he was reaching for a weapon. Still wouldn’t involve stand your ground, though, since retreat wasn’t an option anyway, being sprawled on the ground. Stand your ground only comes into play when retreat might have been an option, ie it eliminates the requirement that this fact be demonstrated. So even without stand your ground, this guy would be safe so long as he can persuade the authorities (or, failing that, a jury) that the attacker still posed, in the judgment of a reasonable person, an imminent threat when he shot him.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Damn right it posed an imminent threat. It was an uppity with prior coonfrontations with others in the same spot. Had the man stood up and uttered one word to this gibbon, it would have been full blown ch*mpout.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by RedAstrachan
Damn right it posed an imminent threat. It was an uppity with prior coonfrontations with others in the same spot. Had the man stood up and uttered one word to this gibbon, it would have been full blown ch*mpout.

Tough to argue with.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

148 members (35, 10Glocks, 44mc, 7x57Hunter, 7887mm08, 808outdoors, 14 invisible), 1,966 guests, and 801 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,699
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.