Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Online, I got tired of the meat market in Colorado Springs where men outnumber women nearly 6-1 at times. Took her to a minor league baseball game, and after nine innings she told me that she wanted to try dating another hotter guy she'd met through the same dating site. That hooked me instantly with her being that brutally honest with me, and thanked her for a great first and only date.

She happened to work for a local country radio station, so a couple weeks pass and I hear on the morning show she dumps the other guy because he takes longer to fix his hair than she does. I know she's on the air so I text her "How about that second date?" We got married two years later, and will have been married eight years this September.

I was 38 when I finally got married, I just had to wait for the right one to be put in my path. I also got a wonderful daughter as part of a packaged deal. That daughter is now 15 and one of the best hunting buddies a guy could have.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I was the DOS guru at Cincinnati State. KYHillChick was one of my students. The quarter started NOV1 and my divorce from Satan (Wife 1.0) was final on Nov8. During the class, she came up and told me we had to talk. After class, I took her to the break room and she said she couldn't eat or sleep-- couldn't stop thinking of me.

When I got home, I called my boss (SuperCore) and told him. He said it was okay to date her. He then asked me if she wanted to take his COBOL class Winter Quarter.

We were engaged the following September, married on NOV1 and Angus was born the next April.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Mutual friends. We both worked at different bars in Fort Collins CO.

We met, she stalked me, married 5 years later. I got lucky for sure.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Sbisa Dining Hall, Texas A&M University

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[quote=cowdoc]
...BTW, she was late for first day of class. some things never change...
/quote]

ROFL! That's us, too. I always say "My wife is always late, but she is ALWAYS worth waiting for!" and, I mean it.. smile

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
In the bars. Dance halls . yep plural.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
She worked with my sister, blind date. The truth.
23 good years in September. 2 girls.
She made me and my life better.

I was at her work shopping, went to use the bathroom.
She was just coming out, as I went in.
The smell made me pass out, when I came to, she was leaning over me.
I thought she was an angel.

What I told my 10 year old daughter when, at supper, she asked how we met.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
She worked with my sister, blind date. The truth.
23 good years in September. 2 girls.
She made me and my life better.

I was at her work shopping, went to use the bathroom.
She was just coming out, as I went in.
The smell made me pass out, when I came to, she was leaning over me.
I thought she was an angel.

What I told my 10 year old daughter when, at supper, she asked how we met.

That got a chuckle out of me!

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
First day I saw my wife at work, I knew what I wanted and reached out with everything I had and took it. Got each others names tattooed at 6 months of dating, been married for 12 years. We can both be overly proud a-holes, but the love is real and keeps getting better. The 9 and 11 year old boys probably helped us stay together through the rough times, but those are long over. When I am away from her, I wish she was there sharing everything with me.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by powdr
I was working a football game as a High School Principal and one of my students introduced me to her. It was her sister. She had a 5year old boy and we've been together for almost 20 years and son is finishing his PhD in bio medical technology. Sure will be glad to get him off the payroll. powdr

Sure will be glad to get him off the payroll........I hope the young man doesn't care about reading on this site.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sister weasled a ride to the big city in my new truck, showed up with a classmate in tow. 44 years, 3 kids, 4 Grandkids later, we're still together.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Born again when I was 23 in 1981, I asked God to supply me with His choice for a wife. Met her months later at an evangelical meeting. Never saw her before but turns out we grew up within 4 miles of each other. We've been married since 1983. Awesome woman. "He who finds a wife finds a good thing & obtains favor from the Lord."
[Linked Image]

Very handsome lady.

Thank you.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
We both worked at a camp for disabled kids. (Lions camp) That was about 35 years ago.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
At the USAMU at Ft. Benning, She was a trap shooter and I was a gunsmith...a marriage made in heaven! 23 years and counting.

Last edited by SurlyBob; 07/28/18.

"In the end God will not look you over for medals, degrees, or diplomas...but for scars."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
She was a bridesmaid in my best friends wedding. We talked and she found out I could shoe horses.

[Linked Image]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Met my wife at a part time job while we were both going to Mizzou. Pulling product from warehouse and shipping it out. Part time job was at Midway USA. 22 years of marriage so far.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I was taking up money at a high school basketball game when she came in with her mother. I was 25 and early in my career teaching. She taught in a nearby county. Her dad was the girls basketball coach. He hand picked me for his daughter and formally introduced her to me after the girls game ended. I drove her home that Friday night in 1983 and we saw "The Man From Snowy River" on Saturday. We were married 10 months later and are still together 35 years, 2 kids and 4 grand kids later. Actually #4 is due next week.

She comes from a big family and I'd grown up with a bunch of her cousins. We were the same age and graduated from high schools less than 10 miles apart and had dozens of mutual friends. But I'd never met, or even heard of her.

We were supposed to meet a week earlier. She has a younger brother that played on a local college basketball team. One of her cousins was trying to get us together and told me she would be at the game with her family. I went to the game and saw her come in and sit on the opposite side of the gym. But she was was wearing a dressy type dress. That just didn't seem like the kind of clothing I'd choose to wear to a basketball game and I figured she was too high maintenance for my tastes. I was expecting jeans and a sweatshirt so I left without trying to make contact. I found out later that she had to attend a more formal function just before the game and didn't have time to change.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunzo
Family reunion.

Good one.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunzo
Family reunion.

Good one.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Great story.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 21, 222Sako, 222ND, 68 invisible), 2,464 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,243
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.