Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
I know a guy that goes through OR to get from So. ID to No. ID so he doesn't have to drive over the bridge on 95 just below Grangevill.

Now that's a bit of a detour for a bridge that's not that bad. That's the bridge after going down the Whitebird hill, over the Snake? or is it the Salmon?

Geno

I'm not sure.
Either way like you say neither one's that bad.

He's the only person other than pahick that I I've heard of being afraid of bridges.

GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Someone had to build those bridges.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
My wife and I are not bothered by them but we have a sister in law that will literally bend the steering wheel if she has to drive over a bridge😮

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by pahick
Originally Posted by MadMooner
What’s the worst that can happen?

You die!
. The rest of the roadway is much more dangerous to your life, odds wise, than a bridge.

I"m to the point that I get vertigo during the triple digits of the summer when I"m up higher... last summer 5 floors up roping a stokes basket to lower a patient I had to sit down... Doesn't keep me from things like that though.

We all are going to die. Its not really all that big of a deal. Will bother the folks that are left behind more than its going to bother me.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Someone had to build those bridges.

If you don't like driving over a bridge, I doubt you'd enjoy walking the beams during it's construction.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
unless I had a safety, thats one thing I could not do I don't believe...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I don't guess I have any phobias.

I'm only scared of chit that any sane person is scared of.

Spiders, earth quakes, poisonous snakes, hookers with dicks, Tyrannosaurus rex, hairless cats, Russian mobsters, active volcanos, large groups of people listening to rap music, identity theft, urushiol, Alzheimer’s disease, Muslims, Joos, Californians, malformed root vegetables, clowns, needles, physically powerful obese women who find me attractive, midgets, Haitian voodoo, and condoms made from animal parts.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
After this brief message, back to the thread![Linked Image]

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by djs
I was never scared of heights, but the older I get the more scared I am of heights. I HATE this bridge in MD. Crossed over it other week coming home from Ocean City and had to stay in the middle lane...lol.

Just read a trucker died on the other Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel in VA. That'n I never drove, but to go under water is a no no for me 😳

I've driven over both the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel many times when I lived in the DC and Virginia Beach areas. I have no problem with bridges, but was concerned (in 1966) when I was stopped for over an hour in the middle of the Delaware Memorial Bridge by an accident that brought all traffic to a halt. The wind was gusting to 50 mph and the bridge span swayed several feet in an oval pattern. And, the swaying was damped by the presence of hundreds of cars and many trucks! From that experience, I can understand your feelings.

I was driving my dad's Nissan Maxima diesel over Delaware Memorial bridge when the power steering belt broke halfway across. It was a bit exciting, could not find a belt at the service garage at the bottom of the bridge so I drove it to Florida without power steering.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by slumlord
Haha

The tunnel in Zion is over a mile long

Then it craps you out in bright sunlght next to a 2000ft dropoff

The wife and were on our way home from Zion. Last trip through that tunnel. The Park Service stops oncoming traffic when an oversized vehicle is in the tunnel.

There was an RV on the other end and had to wait for us, the ranger on my side let me and a BMW pass, said no on coming traffic. I rode that beemers bumper til he got the message. Kinda fun going 75 in that tunnel. When we got to the other end, that ranger said she didn't think anybody had ever come through that fast.

We even stopped at one of the cut-out windows and took a pic. Ride of a lifetime.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I live in Bridge City, Texas. I go over and under bridges all day long. Some are pretty tall, and miles long.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Back in my motorcycle days there were a couple of bridges on Interstate 10 in Louisiana that had steel grating sections eek

Nothing at all to do with height or water, just that friggin' cheese grater you had to ride across, combined with the knowledge or how very easy it woulda been to go down.

The absolute worst tho was crossing over the St. Lawrence River into Canada on a Ninja 750 with a woman on the back. I forget which bridge it was exactly but it was raining and windy, the road surface was sorta in the shape of an arch; uphill and then downhill and the friggin' road surface was TILES eek

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Wow, I’m relieved. My last name is Bridges. I was beginning to believe somebody was scared of me.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by prplbkrr
Originally Posted by slumlord
Haha

The tunnel in Zion is over a mile long

Then it craps you out in bright sunlght next to a 2000ft dropoff

The wife and were on our way home from Zion. Last trip through that tunnel. The Park Service stops oncoming traffic when an oversized vehicle is in the tunnel.

There was an RV on the other end and had to wait for us, the ranger on my side let me and a BMW pass, said no on coming traffic. I rode that beemers bumper til he got the message. Kinda fun going 75 in that tunnel. When we got to the other end, that ranger said she didn't think anybody had ever come through that fast.

We even stopped at one of the cut-out windows and took a pic. Ride of a lifetime.

We waited about 15 mins for walter white heisenburg and mobile meth lab to make it thru to us before the all-clear

Funny thing all they way in from the entrance to the tunnel, some assclown in an f150 towing a pair of wave runners was riding my bumper , i used one turn out- then he pulled in too and also took a few pics
Back on the road he rides my bumper all the way to the tunnel. Then we sat for the several long minutes. About an hour later after hitting up the museum and visitor center. I see same jet ski assclown getting a ticket along side the main road by park ranger.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I don't guess I have any phobias.

I'm only scared of chit that any sane person is scared of.

Spiders, earth quakes, poisonous snakes, hookers with dicks, Tyrannosaurus rex, hairless cats, Russian mobsters, active volcanos, large groups of people listening to rap music, identity theft, urushiol, Alzheimer’s disease, Muslims, Joos, Californians, malformed root vegetables, clowns, needles, physically powerful obese women who find me attractive, midgets, Haitian voodoo, and condoms made from animal parts.

If that is a list of things you are skeert of............................

Get some help.

Soon

Before you get worse

I'll not say "Please"

Geno

PS, nothing in that list about bees, rapidly growing lawns, clouds, Hamptonites, powerful Noreasters, one winged ducks, brown shoes, and apple butter.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I was never scared of heights, but the older I get the more scared I am of heights. I HATE this bridge in MD. Crossed over it other week coming home from Ocean City and had to stay in the middle lane...lol.

Just read a trucker died on the other Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel in VA. That'n I never drove, but to go under water is a no no for me 😳

If that bridge bothers you, go south on 301 in MD where it crosses the Potomac River going into VA. Goes straight up in a very high arch. I know several that turn around and won't go across.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Take a wander across the Westgate bridge in Melbourne, I swear that damned thing is only a inch and half wider than my vehicle at it's zenith.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

Have crossed that bridge hundreds of times, as I've gotten older being boxed in on both sides with 3 lanes of traffic in one direction is less than thrilling. As old as that bridge is with the salt water corrosion i question it's safety. However great fishing for Stripers underneath the bridge up to the 90-foot channel use by the freighters to and from Baltimore.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 69 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,681
Posts18,456,303
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.