Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I think Zeiss has intentions of discontinuing the HT's, if they've not already. The SF is very nice, but huge and bulky. I prefer the overall package of the 10x50SV personally. My personal favorite Zeiss is the 10x42 T FL.

Have you picked up a SF and looked thru it? My dealer one state over has one and it did not look huge and bulky. it is 1/2 longer then a comparable swaro and narrower. It has perfect balance. The objective lense sits farther in the barrel for better protection and it has 3 hinges not two. Hopefully the anodizing won't wear like it does on the Swaros as well. Weighs 2 ounces less 8x42 vs 8.5x42,It has 45 more feet in the field of view. The 10x42 has almost that much difference in field of view. Interestingly it has a mix of FL/HT glass.

I have read a lot of reviews on it, I am going to talk to the dealer and go over them a little more carefully.

BP-B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Yeah, I fiddled around with one at our LGS. I was very impressed with the optics, but IMHO the build quality nothing that just blew me away. I thought the eyecups were a little cheesy, but hey, it may be just me. It is a touch bigger than my SV's though. Another thing with Zeiss is that when my buddy had to send his Zeiss spotter back to fix a broken focuser, it took Zeiss 7 months to get it back to him. We had to share mine when we guided mule deer hunters that year it took them so long.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah, I fiddled around with one at our LGS. I was very impressed with the optics, but IMHO the build quality nothing that just blew me away. I thought the eyecups were a little cheesy, but hey, it may be just me. It is a touch bigger than my SV's though. Another thing with Zeiss is that when my buddy had to send his Zeiss spotter back to fix a broken focuser, it took Zeiss 7 months to get it back to him. We had to share mine when we guided mule deer hunters that year it took them so long.

JG: You know me, and my experience with the Victory SF goes back almost 3 years now. The excellent balance, and handling go a long way to making these my top pick. Now add a wider FOV and a very sharp and bright view make these the
best out there right now.
I have others that are at the top, including Swarovision, Ultravid HD, and Nikon EDG.

I don't play favorites.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Farmboy1

JG: You know me, and my experience with the Victory SF goes back almost 3 years now. The excellent balance, and handling go a long way to making these my top pick. Now add a wider FOV and a very sharp and bright view make these the
I have others that are at the top, including Swarovision, Ultravid HD, and Nikon EDG.

I don't play favorites.

I know you don't Jerry, and I know you know your way around great glass. I don't think Oldelk does either. I may have to give those a second look. Thanks.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Farmboy1

I don't play favorites.

These will most likely be my last pair of great binoculars..I have the FL 8x56 which will be buried with me and Leica Trinovid 8x42's . The FLl's are a bit specialized I admit. The 10x42 will make a great all around binocular. I have to spend some time behind one before I plunk down the money.

IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
495 members (10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 43 invisible), 2,517 guests, and 1,098 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,733
Posts18,400,973
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.