Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
jimy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J

Last edited by jimy; 08/06/18.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
GB1

J
jimy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
You have a ten fish limit and these thieving bastards fill a truck bed. They should lose the boat and their tackle.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
How you supposed to have a crappie fry when the limits only 10? I think the limit in my home state is 40 or so. I cleaned 180 something one time after a good day on my favorite pond.

Not really defending these guys but I think shooting them might be a little over the top, they are just crappie after all. Now they start cleaning 8# bass and maybe we’ll get a little more upset.

J
jimy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
If they didn't kill one whole age class of fish they would have better fish next year, that and I don't know how big a lake they were fishing. And you can bet if they were catching 8# bass they would have been in that freezer with anything else they caught.

Those names say droves about the trash they are, likely owners at the local Peking Moon , or some other cat meat serving dump !

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jimy
You have a ten fish limit and these thieving bastards fill a truck bed. They should lose the boat and their tackle.

Agreed! The penalties and fines on Fish & Wildlife violations is WAY too low, IMO.

The limit on Crappie here in TX is 25.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
There are two kinds of fishermen. Those who keep to the crappie limits and those who don't. My experience is, there are far more of the second kind on the water than the first. I hear them bragging all the time and you know they aren't tossing them back.

I don't even fish crappie and toss all of them back when I catch them. Even the14 inch I caught this spring. I Hope he's still there.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The names in the article were Hmong, likely originally from Laos. We have Hmong, Laotians, Vietnamese, and Cambodians here in Utah. They all share the same traits: no concept whatever of bag limits. It's partly cultural in that back "home" they keep absolutely everything they catch. It seems to be impossible to educate them to the way we manage fisheries.

One of our local waters has a six-fish limit on walleye, three on wipers, and 10 on crappie. It is not uncommon to see groups of Asians carting out fish by the five-gallon bucketful - then coming back from home and repeating the slaughter.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How many in thier group? No other crappie were found, so apparently those who caught them gave them to these folks. As far as I know, that much is still legal. I know I can give away venison. So the true number of illegal fish should be far less. And what's this business about they must EAT the fish they were allowed to keep before fishing for more? I believe thier 10 per person is a DAILY limit, not a seasonal limit.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I was told its a possession limit, as in every fish that isn't consumed is part of your limit.
So if you have 5 fish in your freezer at home, you're bag limit is 5,

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Possession limit in Arkansas is twice the daily limit. I know a lot of folks that keep more in the freezer. Never heard of that being a problem. Possession limit is thought of as, in camp or while traveling to and from a hunt. Not sure of the legality. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If so, that's something new to me. The point of a limit is to maintain the supply, not the consumption rate. How can anyone regulate how fast I eat my supplies? So I would be blocked from fishing next season, if I still had fish from last year, or 2 years ago, even though the life cycle has moved on, and new fish have replaced those in the freezer? That's nuts.

Edit: from ODNR. http://wildlife.ohiodnr.gov/fishingregulations
"It is unlawful to buy or sell any fish taken by sport fishing, including angling, bankline, setline, floatline, and trotline, from any water area in the state.
It is unlawful to transport and introduce any aquatic species (fish, invertebrate, plant) from one body of water to another.
It is unlawful for the public to tag and release fish into any public water area.
It is unlawful for any person to possess a fish in any form or condition other than whole while on or when unloading the fish from a boat, while wading, or while fishing from shore on any waters in this state where a fishing license is required.
Fillets must be kept whole until an angler reaches their permanent residence, or until the fish are prepared for immediate consumption. This does not apply to anglers with a receipt from a fish cleaning house or charter captain which states the date, number, and type of fish possessed. Fish must be transported whole or as a complete fillet while returning from the Lake Erie islands on a commercial ferry boat."

Nothing here about how many in my freezer, and daily bag limit for me is 30.

Last edited by kellory; 08/08/18.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
jimy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The names in the article were Hmong, likely originally from Laos. We have Hmong, Laotians, Vietnamese, and Cambodians here in Utah. They all share the same traits: no concept whatever of bag limits. It's partly cultural in that back "home" they keep absolutely everything they catch. It seems to be impossible to educate them to the way we manage fisheries.

One of our local waters has a six-fish limit on walleye, three on wipers, and 10 on crappie. It is not uncommon to see groups of Asians carting out fish by the five-gallon bucketful - then coming back from home and repeating the slaughter.

We have Amish around here, and they also live by the "God provides" so we take, mind set, or as we call it the "scorched earth" they "drive" deer and kill everyone that they see, same thing with fish, every fish that makes it in the boat goes home with them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was speaking with ODNR officers, and was told about a large party of Japanese men, showing up at a dam with high powered rifles (brand new and very nice) in the middle of summer, in hunting clothes, asking "where to hunt DEERS" we hunt DEERS" no license, illegal guns, loaded, and no idea what they were doing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A thing of the past at the moment, but we had a window in time when Russians were working the local woods for mushroom harvests. They moved into serious camps and pretty much lived off the woods and streams while here. Tough and frustrating for the enforcers, as who does one write up when a camp of 15 have two partially consumed deer hanging in the shade and no one will talk.

Last edited by 1minute; 08/08/18.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just a few days ago, we had some men that looked to be of Asian lineage, drive up and try to set up camp between our shooting bench and our target, while we were reloading to shoot again. We did convince them to go elsewhere, but not easily. They kept saying that they had a right to camp there. Dumb schits. Whole campground behind us. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
State laws vary. A lot.

Utah used to say that the possession limit was one daily limit. If you could catch 10 crappie a day, but still had five in your freezer, your actual daily limit is only five more - unless and until you consume the frozen ones. Obviously, that was impossible for an officer to enforce in the field. So it was changed to the possession limit being two daily limits. Still almost impossible to enforce, as our experience with happy harvesters shows...they take a full limit, drive home with them and then drive back to take another limit. Repeat as often as you can get away with it.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
SE Asians, especially Hmong, are notorious for ignoring limits. When I lived in central CA, there was a very large population of them and on the local reservoirs they lined the banks. Everything they caught regardless of size or number went in their buckets. When they invariably got busted, they went to court, got a slap on the wrist, and were back at it next week. Their culture simply refuses to recognize limits and seasons. And a lot of the offenders were second generation!

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
The Hmong are notorious poachers in the Midwest. The keep and kill everything. song birds, squirrels, chipmunks, poach deer and fish constantly. This is second and third generation that speak English. They always fall back on I no speak English, no understand laws. Of course at most lakes and rivers regs posted in native language.
This nice immigrant killed a group of friends of mine in WI. Believe or not some of the lefttist think he was justified in killing white deer hunters.

http://news.minnesota.publicradio.org/features/2004/11/22_kelleherb_huntershooting.

Mexicans and Russians do the same in the PNW.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Friends of ours went to Vietnam last year on vacation and talked about fried dung beetles, chicken feet and fish eyeball soup on the menu. I suppose eating the pcb carcinogen laden carp and sheephead out of a local river would be a delicacy. We did need to put up Hmong language signs telling them not to eat them.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1minute
A thing of the past at the moment, but we had a window in time when Russians were working the local woods for mushroom harvests. They moved into serious camps and pretty much lived off the woods and streams while here. Tough and frustrating for the enforcers, as who does one write up when a camp of 15 have two partially consumed deer hanging in the shade and no one will talk.

They are all in constructive possession of the illegal deer hanging in their camp. If nobody will man up and take the tickets, potentially they could all get tickets. Easy enough... I guess.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,903 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,346
Posts18,468,775
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.