Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 45 46
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Pretty much the same format as the last challenge, just adding a bolt division and starting fresh since photobucket killed the last one. There is still tons of info in the "24HC Black Rifle Challenge" thread so look there for any questions and info that may have already been covered. Oh and no old submissions, this thread is for targets shot after this challenge got started.

This challenge is designed to test your skills as well as your equipment. I will do my best to keep up with the rankings as we go along. Please read and follow the rules or your entry may not count.

The Rules:
Targets must be shot from 100 yards.
20 rounds will be scored, flyers included.
The rifle can be shot from any position as long as the shooter is supporting the rifle. Bipods, slings, and rear bags are ok to use. NO bench rest, lead sleds, or machine rest may be used.
All 20 rounds must be fired on the same day, from the same rifle.
Iron Sights will fire two 10 shot groups at the reduced 600 yard NRA targets.
Scoped rifles will fire two 10 shot groups at the target listed below (different targets are ok, just make sure both groups are on the same piece of paper)
No Benchrest or Dedicated F-Class rifles please. Let's keep it fair, we all know 20lb custom rifles will shoot.

Divisions:
Iron Sights
Scoped Semi-Auto
Scoped Bolt Action

Printable Targets:
Optics Target
24HC Challenge Target
Iron Sights Target
MR-31 Target

Please have your post in this order:

1) Picture of rifle and setup.
2) Picture of 100 yard range.
3) Picture of target (optics) or targets (irons) with 20 rounds through them. (place calipers or ruler laying over one group for reference)
4) Description of rifle and ammo used.
5) For Scoped Bolt and Semi-Auto rifles, list your group sizes and the average. For Iron sights, please list the group size and score.

Please sign each target with your 24HC name and date.

Thanks and good shooting.

Last edited by wareagle700; 08/06/18.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
ARIC

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What’s first prize?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
An internet high five? No prizes keeps everyone honest, if there was something to win I have a feeling we'd see a lot better groups than the last challenge.

Last edited by wareagle700; 08/06/18.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Grin!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
What’s first prize?

6 Pack of Jello Pudding...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
20 rounds? I thought it was 10 last time per rifle...at a $1.50 a shot I may have to pass this time...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds fun....PRS type rifles GTG?

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

sick

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by scenarshooter

Anything that says GAP or nightforce should be automatically disqualified.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I can't believe I shot 1.25 MOA with an 8 power scope where the FFP reticle covers the 2 inch dot at 100, yes it does not count as I used two rifles, but as soon as I am ahead another dime will buy another box of the BH 69 grain MK cartridges and shoot it again, guess I should clean the barrel have not done that in a while...

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I can't believe I shot 1.25 MOA with an 8 power scope where the FFP reticle covers the 2 inch dot at 100, yes it does not count as I used two rifles, but as soon as I am ahead another dime will buy another box of the BH 69 grain MK cartridges and shoot it again, guess I should clean the barrel have not done that in a while...

Get you a better scope, more ammo and impress us. 2 groups on same paper.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
your funny.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
you gonna be OK if I shoot it with a NX8? whistle

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
20 rounds? I thought it was 10 last time per rifle...at a $1.50 a shot I may have to pass this time...

10 shots per group, 20 rounds total. Same as last time, one box of ammo.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

As long as it's a portable rifle, suitable for use in the field. Just no machine rest, benchrest equipment, f-class ski's or "bipods", etc... Fine to use rear bags, front bags, normal bipods, etc..... stuff you would use away from the bench.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can we have a single shot division? smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wareagle700

As long as it's a portable rifle, suitable for use in the field. Just no machine rest, benchrest equipment, f-class ski's or "bipods", etc... Fine to use rear bags, front bags, normal bipods, etc..... stuff you would use away from the bench.

All of my rifles are fit that criteria...and all of them are used for hunting.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Hmm, wasn't my irons group about the same size..... and ammo is cheap compared to all the guns and scopes we swap around, play with etc.... ammo is always the cheapest. But cheap ammo isn't worth the money or time.

Cleaning is over rated.

Maybe I can make time sometime... sounds fun again but have a coast guard class to take, finish summer building projects, and start a fall EMT class.... time is going to be very thin, while fixing and selling one airboat and rebuilding the other for a spring trip.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Jeff both of your groups were in the 3 inch range, but not bad for iron sights and old eyes. If I we’re you I would just forget about shooting and take a cooking class or two.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Jeff both of your groups were in the 3 inch range, but not bad for iron sights and old eyes. If I we’re you I would just forget about shooting and take a cooking class or two.
. Go check one of the latests posts on the other challenge thread......

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 45 46

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
155 members (160user, 35, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 2UP, 300_savage, 15 invisible), 1,856 guests, and 837 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,778
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.