Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 46 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 45 46
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
well, anyway single shot, wood stocked rifles wanted to play... smile

https://imgur.com/a/PZ9gky6

Rifle is a Ruger #1 K1V in .223, scope Sig Whiskey 5 3-15x44. Load is 77gr Berger OTTM, 24gr Varget in Lapua cases.

Top group 1.078", bottom group 1.259", avg 1.169"

Considering there's a fouling shot in there, a scope adjustment, and pretty good crosswind, I'm pleased with the rifle. I fired the fouling shot, and the next 5 went into .49". I raised the elevation 3cm, fired the 10 shot group, then with 4 rounds left decided to go back to the previous group. Dropped the elevation 3 cm, and finished the group.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Good thread guys. I'm wondering where all those "moa ALL day long" rifles are. Remington 700's, bergaras, tikka. Come on let's see them. I went out and bought a cheap azzed Steven's 200, just to prove it doesn't have to be expensive to shoot good. We'll see how she does..

Hate it when work interferes with my personal life. grin I’m gonna give it a try as soon as I have a few spare minutes. Here’s 10 shots with ten different charges when doing a pressure workup recently though...

John

[Linked Image]

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by m1919
Bsa, is that 6.5 going on the Elk trip? Good luck to ya...

I know a few others heading out shortly to do the same. Some 6.5s, 06s, and an 08' in tow.

Hey buddy. I will be using my 338wm, 30-06, 7mm08. If the ranges were going to be stretched out a bit, I wouldnt be scared to run the creed or even my ar10 308w. Just shot my creed again today and it appears to be a solid moa rifle. Still fireforming brass and breaking in the barrel though. My new Stevens 200 22-250 averaged 1.245 today with its virgin barrel, non proven new Burris FFII 3-9×40 and thrown together loads. Funny thing, I had to pull bullets from loads I had for my last 22-250, so neck tension was less than optimal. I'll get this one glass bedded and fine tune the trigger a little more. Should be a great shooter afterwards. Thanks for the good luck man!!! I can always use that on my elk hunts. Good luck to you as well.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
Good thread guys. I'm wondering where all those "moa ALL day long" rifles are. Remington 700's, bergaras, tikka. Come on let's see them. I went out and bought a cheap azzed Steven's 200, just to prove it doesn't have to be expensive to shoot good. We'll see how she does..

Hate it when work interferes with my personal life. grin I’m gonna give it a try as soon as I have a few spare minutes. Here’s 10 shots with ten different charges when doing a pressure workup recently though...

John

[Linked Image]

You'll do good for sure. Good shooting buddy!!

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
well, anyway single shot, wood stocked rifles wanted to play... smile

https://imgur.com/a/PZ9gky6

Rifle is a Ruger #1 K1V in .223, scope Sig Whiskey 5 3-15x44. Load is 77gr Berger OTTM, 24gr Varget in Lapua cases.

Top group 1.078", bottom group 1.259", avg 1.169"

Considering there's a fouling shot in there, a scope adjustment, and pretty good crosswind, I'm pleased with the rifle. I fired the fouling shot, and the next 5 went into .49". I raised the elevation 3cm, fired the 10 shot group, then with 4 rounds left decided to go back to the previous group. Dropped the elevation 3 cm, and finished the group.

Looking good tex. I'll bet you'll do better next time, especially if you don't fu ck with the scope while shooting. grin

BSA MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Looking good tex. I'll bet you'll do better next time, especially if you don't fu ck with the scope while shooting. grin

That thought did occur to me. Might have to figure out Imgur as well smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Finally got a little time to give this a try. .6235” = .5955 MOA.

John

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Hondo64d; 10/23/18.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Very nice John. That's how you get it done.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Finally got a little time to give this a try. .6235” = .5955 MOA.

John

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice shooting

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Very nice Hondo!

Let's see a few more entries!

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I'm working on loads for my new Stevens 200 22-250. Shot it yesterday for a little bit and the first shot was a little high and to the right, then the next 9 were in a ragged hole!!!! Frustrating. Need to get the trigger fine tuned just a hair more and really sit down and take the time to develop a good load. Time is the issue right now though!!!!! I also just put a higher X scope on it as well... I agree with m1919. More guys need to shoot this. I know it's right in the middle of some of our hunts, so after hunting season we can get down to business...

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Entry for my new Stevens 200 22-250 "light" rifle...:
[Linked Image]
Glass bedded it yesterday night. Looks like it helped.

Still working on a load for this bad boy, but narrowing it down. Note 2 different powders listed on target.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

And the range:
[Linked Image]
Sorry about the sun. Yes it was hard on my eyes too. Here's the same range if that matters. You can see the target back there at 100 yards better in this one:
[Linked Image]

Also shot the 6.5 creed today:
[Linked Image]
Used 1x fired brass this time though. I knew accuracy would be better than using brand new stuff.. You'll be seeing a better entry from the creed in the near future.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
NICE! hell of a good shooting rifle BSA, I'm going to wait till after deer season to shoot mine, plus, that coincides with the appointment I have with Big Jim from Marlin Perkins' Mutual of Omaha, you see, Big Jims going to shoot me with a load if rhino tranquilizer so I can write my shooting report without upsetting sensitive readers. cool ; ]

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by gunner500
NICE! hell of a good shooting rifle BSA, I'm going to wait till after deer season to shoot mine, plus, that coincides with the appointment I have with Big Jim from Marlin Perkins' Mutual of Omaha, you see, Big Jims going to shoot me with a load if rhino tranquilizer so I can write my shooting report without upsetting sensitive readers. cool ; ]

Ha ha.. That is funny... laugh

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Come on guys, this thread isn't about who is the best shot in the world. It's about whether or not you have a "moa all day long" rifle. Of course 2 10 shot groups side by side on the same target isn't the be all end all proof of that, but it's a good start. I know in the other forums, there are guys stating they have 1/2 moa all day long rifles, of course when they do their part. This is not totally about how accurate your rifle is, but how accurate the shooter and rifle are together. Post up some targets, as I don't even think we have 10 shooters in this event that have "moa all day long" rifles. As I see it, I'm not going to post up all of my scores, here are the "unofficial" results:

1. Robertham1 .510 MOA
2. Hondo64d .596 MOA
3. Certifiable .646 MOA
4. m1919 .655 MOA
5. m1919 .701 MOA
6. bsa1917hunter .866 MOA Light rifle: New stevens 200 22-250
7. bsa1917hunter .892 MOA Heavy rifle: New Savage 12fv 6.5 CM
8. Higbean .927 MOA

This thread has had 10,460 views and we are 24 pages in and only 6 shooters here with "moa all day long" rifles? There are a bunch of shooters here on the fire, that are always talking about how accurate their rifles are and how good their perfectly concentric handloads are. I like seeing them. Post up your results guys...

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Come on guys, this thread isn't about who is the best shot in the world. It's about whether or not you have a "moa all day long" rifle. Of course 2 10 shot groups side by side on the same target isn't the be all end all proof of that, but it's a good start. I know in the other forums, there are guys stating they have 1/2 moa all day long rifles, of course when they do their part. This is not totally about how accurate your rifle is, but how accurate the shooter and rifle are together. Post up some targets, as I don't even think we have 10 shooters in this event that have "moa all day long" rifles. As I see it, I'm not going to post up all of my scores, here are the "unofficial" results:

1. Robertham1 .510 MOA
2. Hondo64d .596 MOA
3. Certifiable .646 MOA
4. m1919 .655 MOA
5. m1919 .701 MOA
6. Bsa1917hunter .866 MOA Light rifle: New stevens 200 22-250
7. Bsa1917hunter .892 MOA Heavy rifle: New Savage 12fv 6.5 CM
8. Higbean .927 MOA

This thread has had 10,460 views and we are 24 pages in and only 6 shooters here with "moa all day long" rifles? There are a bunch of shooters here on the fire, that are always talking about how accurate their rifles are and how good their perfectly concentric handloads are. I like seeing them. Post up your results guys...

It’s incredible how many .5 moa “all day long” rifles there are out there...

I guess many just can’t “do their part”

Last edited by robertham1; 11/17/18.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I should have kept my yap shut regarding the use of a pedestal front rest.

It was stupid of me but I honestly thought I'd get a little push back.

Rules is rules and they were not allowed from the first post.

Anybody who used a pedestal front rest is disqualified and shall never shoot their rifle again.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Wonder if this thread might have got more response on the Long Range Hunting or Hunting rifles section...

John

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Higbean
I should have kept my yap shut regarding the use of a pedestal front rest.

It was stupid of me but I honestly thought I'd get a little push back.

Rules is rules and they were not allowed from the first post.

Anybody who used a pedestal front rest is disqualified and shall never shoot their rifle again.

sick grin

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Wonder if this thread might have got more response on the Long Range Hunting or Hunting rifles section...

John

I'm sure all 10,605 views were from TWR making sure we were not shooting 3 shot groups, Higbean checking back to make sure he isn't bumped to 10, and Pat Sinclair waiting like a panther in the dark to come along and make the best shooter look bad... Keep waiting for Pat to show up and make us all feel bad.. grin Trust me buddy. A lot of other guys in the other forums got personal invites wink . I'm going shooting in a little while, if I don't work on my wifes fuel pump/sending unit on her suv, if you have buddies you want to tell about this thread, "the more the merrier". Spread the word on those other forums John. Chances are, they have all seen it. They are just too busy loading ammo to less than .00001" TIR and shooting too many sub 1/2 moa groups to contribute to this thread. Or they don't know how to post pics. confused. Or they are wondering why their POI shifts too much in different field positions. Frankly I'm slightly worried about those guys, as they have no clue at all. I think Formid finally gave up on them too.

BSA MAGA
Page 12 of 46 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 45 46

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

210 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 257 mag, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 300jimmy, 13 invisible), 1,391 guests, and 898 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,301
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.