Hop To
Page 23 of 46 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 45 46
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Damn, when you guys find out which ones exactly, id like to know. Especially a 10 rounder, for shooting off the bench.

I think ASCs are the safe bet for longer than 2.26"

Thanks, I may have to look into those.

The stainless steel acs mags oal is 2.317. The aluminum you can get up 2.270ish..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Here is my submission. I'm going to say doing this MOA thing with a Model 70 in a 300 RUM is no fun at all.. I haven't seen anyone else drag out there big boomers for this shoot. Anyhow
Rifle Stainless Classic in a 300 RUM bedded, scope burris ff2 3-9x40, load 98.0gr of retumbo, FED 215, Barnes cases, 10- 180 Ballistic tip and 10-180gr NAB. Weather was overcast and 22 degrees out, I shot 3 rounds then let the barrel cool etc. My first group that flyer killed me lol. Needless to say I wont be doing this with my 300 RUM again lol

My Montana .300 RUM managed to kill an SWFA, and now wears a Nightforce. I'm confident it can keep 10 in an MOA or less. Now, the shooter? smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Don't know what to tell you on the PMAGs, except the rounds are absolutely 2.275 and they fit and feed in my 20 round PMAGs.
I think PMAGs have been made in a bunch of OALs. The ones I have won't do anything over 2.260". I could swear I have heard of some that were even closer to 2.30" than 2.275".

I've had occasions where 3-5 rounds loaded long will work in a Pmag, but then they jam up if you load more rounds in the mag. I've never heard of an unmodified Pmag that will hold a full mag at more than 2.260" though, except for the "Six8" mags that were only for use in those specific lowers. Of course, some guys cut out the front of the mag to allow longer OAL; we had a discussion on that here last year IIRC.

Pretty cool if DW's Pmags actually allow a full mag at 2.275". I'd like to have some of those.

Last edited by Yondering; 02/06/19.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
You guys ever tire of those statements from some individuals on the internet like, "me and my wife can shoot consistent 1/4" 10 shot groups" with a factory rifle and factory ammo. You point them to this thread and their yap instantly slaps closed... I don't know about you guys, but it's cold here and snowing. Nothing better to do than work on an old washing machine that just took a crap and surf the web... grin At the least, you Cali guys can go and do some shooting for me, since I'm stuck at the house... grin Just a note on shooting. I did go to the range late yesterday, right before and during a snow storm. I had installed my new SWFA SS 16x and couldn't resist. That thing dialed in so perfectly it wasn't even funny. Shot my first 10 shot group and thought damn, I may have this in the bag. Then I proceded to shoot my Tikka, then my model 10 predator 223. Went down to the range and checked the targets, came back, shot the Tikka 5 more times to finish off that 10 shot group. By that time it was snowing hard. I forgot to bring my walking stick, so I could see the target, so I gave it my best shot with the Savage. You guys would be laughing at that group. I'll post it if you want. I was so disgusted, I packed everything up and didn't even try to shoot the Tikka and predator again. Got home, threw the rifles in the shop on the floor and came in and had a drink.... I love the snow, but it does nothing to improve the group size, when you can't see the target. From what little i saw yesterday, the Savage rifle is still shooting great after the fall and the new scope is working great. I'll test the tracking out when I can go and shoot some steel.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Doesn't meet the requirements, but thought it might be interesting for some...

100 round group at 100 yards, from sand bag, with 8x scope= 2.44”.

[Linked Image]

LMT MRP 16” CL, with NF 1-8x ATACR-
[Linked Image]

IC B2

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
How fast, Form? One mag right after another?

Asking for a friend ;-)

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I counted at least 26 flyers. That's easily MOA all day long when you do your part.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

LMT MRP 16” CL, with NF 1-8x ATACR-
[Linked Image]

I have that same rifle. It’s my fave battle rifle.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by dznnf7

Asking for a friend ;-)

Never got above 237 degrees. 😉 Barrel was cooled to 99 degrees between each ten round group- no cooling for the others. Probably one shot every 3-4 seconds.

5x5 round groups, 3x10 round groups, 15 rounds, 30 round group.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Originally Posted by dznnf7

Asking for a friend ;-)

Never got above 237 degrees. 😉 Barrel was cooled to 99 degrees between each ten round group- no cooling for the others. Probably one shot every 3-4 seconds.

5x5 round groups, 3x10 round groups, 15 rounds, 30 round group.

Pretty cool, I'm thinking my AR10 308 could do about that well... However, your are using ball ammo. Not bad formid..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
It's not ball, it's 77 gr SMK or NCC's. I think mod 0 is Sierra, model 1 is Nosler but I can't remember.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TWR
It's not ball, it's 77 gr SMK or NCC's. I think mod 0 is Sierra, model 1 is Nosler but I can't remember.

Oops, I saw where it said "ball" on the box. So, it's 77gr. SMK. That is MUCH better than the 55gr ball ammo I thought it was... Interesting. Thanks for pointing that out...

Now, that is so much different in fact that If I tried that with my 73gr eldm load in my Norththech defense, I'd be making 1 1" hole in the paper and totally wasting 90 bullets...

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Well, this is not a submission in this thread, but showing that my rifle is back on track. 6.5 creed shooting good again. The target on the left was shot during really light snow, and the one on the right was during a full blown snow storm. I wasn't real happy that I couldn't see the target, but you can see the creed is back to its old self after dropping it in the gravel:

[Linked Image]

I'm just glad I didn't fu ck the crown up or anything like that... cool The new SWFA SS 16x with mil quad reticle is going to do the trick. I'm liking it... wink

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
You guys ever tire of those statements from some individuals on the internet like, "me and my wife can shoot consistent 1/4" 10 shot groups" with a factory rifle and factory ammo. You point them to this thread and their yap instantly slaps closed... I don't know about you guys, but it's cold here and snowing. Nothing better to do than work on an old washing machine that just took a crap and surf the web... grin At the least, you Cali guys can go and do some shooting for me, since I'm stuck at the house... grin Just a note on shooting. I did go to the range late yesterday, right before and during a snow storm. I had installed my new SWFA SS 16x and couldn't resist. That thing dialed in so perfectly it wasn't even funny. Shot my first 10 shot group and thought damn, I may have this in the bag. Then I proceded to shoot my Tikka, then my model 10 predator 223. Went down to the range and checked the targets, came back, shot the Tikka 5 more times to finish off that 10 shot group. By that time it was snowing hard. I forgot to bring my walking stick, so I could see the target, so I gave it my best shot with the Savage. You guys would be laughing at that group. I'll post it if you want. I was so disgusted, I packed everything up and didn't even try to shoot the Tikka and predator again. Got home, threw the rifles in the shop on the floor and came in and had a drink.... I love the snow, but it does nothing to improve the group size, when you can't see the target. From what little i saw yesterday, the Savage rifle is still shooting great after the fall and the new scope is working great. I'll test the tracking out when I can go and shoot some steel.

Alright Hero, I haven't seen where all the scores are totaled up yet, not sure you've done it, but I certainly haven't, not one gotdamn HALF INCH ALL DAY LONG RIFLElaugh, hell, I haven't seen a half inch gun ONE GD time either! shocked ; ]

Where do all those other guys get rifles like that????? grin

Trump Won!
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Wasting 90 bullets or proving 100?

smile

I actually patterned #4 buck today in my Benelli. Okie land is now #4 buckshot friendly so I had to try some just to see, nevermind that I haven't shot my shotgun in at least 4 years till today.

I shot pistols with numb hands, sighted in my BUIS's on the new AR and then went and shot 30 rounds with the Sionics barrel, it was so bad I didn't shoot but 3 10 round groups, the 4th wouldn't have been any better.

On the MK262, Sierra supplied the bullet but DOD wanted a cannelure and they refused. Nosler was more than happy to oblige and Sierra finally decided a cannelure wasn't such a bad idea...
It was supposedly produced with a "blended" powder that produced better velocity than anything commercially available. The Shooters World powder thread makes me wonder if that isn't it.
[Linked Image]
The top 2 groups are 77 NCC's and the bottom (supposed to be the ammo it likes) 55 NBT's. Not everyday is meant for shooting I guess.
Oh and I loaded 10, fired 10 with the 1-4 Trijicon scope but I bet the barrel didn't get above freezing smile it was cold today!

Last edited by TWR; 02/09/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TWR

All you ever wanted to know about the development of Mk 262.

Nolsers never made to cut & have never been used in production product that I am aware of.

MM

Development of Mk 262 ammo

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by TWR

Nolsers never made to cut & have never been used in production product that I am aware of.

MM

Mod 0 is the nosler bullet.. I posted this before, blackhills has a perpetual boner for Sierra. They took a trip Sierra and convinced them to put a cannelure on the 77gr bullet. Which lead to the mk262 mod1 load. As they say the rest is history. I just picked up 500, 77gr Sierra for $120 bucks.

Last edited by 79S; 02/09/19.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by TWR

MM

Mod 0 is the nosler bullet.. I posted this before, blackhills has a perpetual boner for Sierra. They took a trip Sierra and convinced them to put a cannelure on the 77gr bullet. Which lead to the mk262 mod1 load. As they say the rest is history. I just picked up 500, 77gr Sierra for $120 bucks.

Yes, I did find a reference to MOD 0 being the Nosler bullet, not sure how much of it was ever produced. though.

Yeah, $120 for 500 77gr SMK's is a fair price.

MM

Last edited by MontanaMan; 02/09/19.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by gunner500

Alright Hero, I haven't seen where all the scores are totaled up yet, not sure you've done it, but I certainly haven't, not one gotdamn HALF INCH ALL DAY LONG RIFLElaugh, hell, I haven't seen a half inch gun ONE GD time either! shocked ; ]

I have no idea man. If you run across some let me know. Please!!!!!! You can even save the 1/4 moa internet guns for yourself. I'm not that picky. 1/2 moa would do it for me... grin

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by gunner500

I've added it up. There are 8 guys that have proven they have "moa all day long" rifles here and that they can shoot them as intended. There has also been right at 21,000 views of this thread, so the rest of the guys are watching, thinking do I want to try this or not???.. Mostly it's or not...

BSA MAGA
Page 23 of 46 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 45 46

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 11point, 61 invisible), 3,036 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,340
Posts18,468,711
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.