79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by TWR
It's not ball, it's 77 gr SMK or NCC's. I think mod 0 is Sierra, model 1 is Nosler but I can't remember.

All you ever wanted to know about the development of Mk 262.

Nolsers never made to cut & have never been used in production product that I am aware of.

MM

Development of Mk 262 ammo

Mod 0 is the nosler bullet.. I posted this before, blackhills has a perpetual boner for Sierra. They took a trip Sierra and convinced them to put a cannelure on the 77gr bullet. Which lead to the mk262 mod1 load. As they say the rest is history. I just picked up 500, 77gr Sierra for $120 bucks.

Yes, I did find a reference to MOD 0 being the Nosler bullet, not sure how much of it was ever produced. though.

Yeah, $120 for 500 77gr SMK's is a fair price.

MM

All I can find on the world wide internet was it was several hundred thousand were made with the nosler. But for various contracts.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
ARIC

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by gunner500
You guys ever tire of those statements from some individuals on the internet like, "me and my wife can shoot consistent 1/4" 10 shot groups" with a factory rifle and factory ammo. You point them to this thread and their yap instantly slaps closed... I don't know about you guys, but it's cold here and snowing. Nothing better to do than work on an old washing machine that just took a crap and surf the web... grin At the least, you Cali guys can go and do some shooting for me, since I'm stuck at the house... grin Just a note on shooting. I did go to the range late yesterday, right before and during a snow storm. I had installed my new SWFA SS 16x and couldn't resist. That thing dialed in so perfectly it wasn't even funny. Shot my first 10 shot group and thought damn, I may have this in the bag. Then I proceded to shoot my Tikka, then my model 10 predator 223. Went down to the range and checked the targets, came back, shot the Tikka 5 more times to finish off that 10 shot group. By that time it was snowing hard. I forgot to bring my walking stick, so I could see the target, so I gave it my best shot with the Savage. You guys would be laughing at that group. I'll post it if you want. I was so disgusted, I packed everything up and didn't even try to shoot the Tikka and predator again. Got home, threw the rifles in the shop on the floor and came in and had a drink.... I love the snow, but it does nothing to improve the group size, when you can't see the target. From what little i saw yesterday, the Savage rifle is still shooting great after the fall and the new scope is working great. I'll test the tracking out when I can go and shoot some steel.

Alright Hero, I haven't seen where all the scores are totaled up yet, not sure you've done it, but I certainly haven't, not one gotdamn HALF INCH ALL DAY LONG RIFLElaugh, hell, I haven't seen a half inch gun ONE GD time either! shocked ; ]

Where do all those other guys get rifles like that????? grin

I've added it up. There are 8 guys that have proven they have "moa all day long" rifles here and that they can shoot them as intended. There has also been right at 21,000 views of this thread, so the rest of the guys are watching, thinking do I want to try this or not???.. Mostly it's or not...

Hey I'm trying to help I have rifles that are proving shooters. My lefty model 70 in a 270 winchester. But it's fun trying to do it with a model 70 in a 300RUM lol..

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
You guys ever tire of those statements from some individuals on the internet like, "me and my wife can shoot consistent 1/4" 10 shot groups" with a factory rifle and factory ammo. You point them to this thread and their yap instantly slaps closed... I don't know about you guys, but it's cold here and snowing. Nothing better to do than work on an old washing machine that just took a crap and surf the web... grin At the least, you Cali guys can go and do some shooting for me, since I'm stuck at the house... grin Just a note on shooting. I did go to the range late yesterday, right before and during a snow storm. I had installed my new SWFA SS 16x and couldn't resist. That thing dialed in so perfectly it wasn't even funny. Shot my first 10 shot group and thought damn, I may have this in the bag. Then I proceded to shoot my Tikka, then my model 10 predator 223. Went down to the range and checked the targets, came back, shot the Tikka 5 more times to finish off that 10 shot group. By that time it was snowing hard. I forgot to bring my walking stick, so I could see the target, so I gave it my best shot with the Savage. You guys would be laughing at that group. I'll post it if you want. I was so disgusted, I packed everything up and didn't even try to shoot the Tikka and predator again. Got home, threw the rifles in the shop on the floor and came in and had a drink.... I love the snow, but it does nothing to improve the group size, when you can't see the target. From what little i saw yesterday, the Savage rifle is still shooting great after the fall and the new scope is working great. I'll test the tracking out when I can go and shoot some steel.

Alright Hero, I haven't seen where all the scores are totaled up yet, not sure you've done it, but I certainly haven't, not one gotdamn HALF INCH ALL DAY LONG RIFLElaugh, hell, I haven't seen a half inch gun ONE GD time either! shocked ; ]

I've added it up. There are 8 guys that have proven they have "moa all day long" rifles here and that they can shoot them as intended. There has also been right at 21,000 views of this thread, so the rest of the guys are watching, thinking do I want to try this or not???.. Mostly it's or not...

Hey I'm trying to help I have rifles that are proving shooters. My lefty model 70 in a 270 winchester. But it's fun trying to do it with a model 70 in a 300RUM lol..

I'll bet its fun watching you too... Ha ha.. grin eek

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by TWR
It's not ball, it's 77 gr SMK or NCC's. I think mod 0 is Sierra, model 1 is Nosler but I can't remember.

All you ever wanted to know about the development of Mk 262.

Nolsers never made to cut & have never been used in production product that I am aware of.

MM

Development of Mk 262 ammo

Mod 0 is the nosler bullet.. I posted this before, blackhills has a perpetual boner for Sierra. They took a trip Sierra and convinced them to put a cannelure on the 77gr bullet. Which lead to the mk262 mod1 load. As they say the rest is history. I just picked up 500, 77gr Sierra for $120 bucks.

Yes, I did find a reference to MOD 0 being the Nosler bullet, not sure how much of it was ever produced. though.

Yeah, $120 for 500 77gr SMK's is a fair price.

MM

Considering they sell for 16.99-18.99 for 50 I thought it was hell of a deal. Powder valley has them for $128 not counting shipping. So I did ok 😁

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

Most would of stopped at 10 lol.. or 5..

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
[quote=bsa1917hunter]You guys ever tire of those statements from some individuals on the internet like, "me and my wife can shoot consistent 1/4" 10 shot groups" with a factory rifle and factory ammo. You point them to this thread and their yap instantly slaps closed... I don't know about you guys, but it's cold here and snowing. Nothing better to do than work on an old washing machine that just took a crap and surf the web... grin At the least, you Cali guys can go and do some shooting for me, since I'm stuck at the house... grin Just a note on shooting. I did go to the range late yesterday, right before and during a snow storm. I had installed my new SWFA SS 16x and couldn't resist. That thing dialed in so perfectly it wasn't even funny. Shot my first 10 shot group and thought damn, I may have this in the bag. Then I proceded to shoot my Tikka, then my model 10 predator 223. Went down to the range and checked the targets, came back, shot the Tikka 5 more times to finish off that 10 shot group. By that time it was snowing hard. I forgot to bring my walking stick, so I could see the target, so I gave it my best shot with the Savage. You guys would be laughing at that group. I'll post it if you want. I was so disgusted, I packed everything up and didn't even try to shoot the Tikka and predator again. Got home, threw the rifles in the shop on the floor and came in and had a drink.... I love the snow, but it does nothing to improve the group size, when you can't see the target. From what little i saw yesterday, the Savage rifle is still shooting great after the fall and the new scope is working great. I'll test the tracking out when I can go and shoot some steel.

Most would of stopped at 10 lol.. or 5..

Yep, I would have stopped at 3-5. You are a hell of a man. To be honest, I haven't fired my 338 since the last 5 shot group. I thought that day it was possessed by the devil, so I stopped shooting it.. I could have shot a baby spike elk with it last year though, but didn't pull the trigger.. crazy

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Honestly, I do & have shot a lot of the 77 Noslers & I don't really see a significant difference in accuracy compared to the SMK & they are a lot cheaper at around $186 / 1,000. There's likely more variance with me pulling the trigger, day to day than there is between the bullets, but my guns are not finicky.........some others don't seem to like the Noslers in their guns as well.

I also like the 75 Hornady's & they are cheaper as well.

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You have to remember only two things about rifles and accuracy: this is the 24hourcampfire and this is the internet.

I don’t even try to worry about that mythical rifle that so many people have a dozen of or more. I bave come to the realization that everyone else’s guns shoot half inch groups, their trucks all get 24 miles to the gallon and their reloaders never screw up. Why is it that I always get the junk that shoots an inch and my truck gets 14 mpg?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Honestly, I do & have shot a lot of the 77 Noslers & I don't really see a significant difference in accuracy compared to the SMK & they are a lot cheaper at around $186 / 1,000. There's likely more variance with me pulling the trigger, day to day than there is between the bullets, but my guns are not finicky.........some others don't seem to like the Noslers in their guns as well.

I also like the 75 Hornady's & they are cheaper as well.

MM

You missed the deal week and half ago. 77gr nosler overrun after discount and free shipping $114 for 1,000 I jumped on that deal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Why is it that I always get the junk that shoots an inch and my truck gets 14 mpg?

'Cause you haven't lived right & God is pissed off at you most likely................... wink

MM

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

You missed the deal week and half ago. 77gr nosler overrun after discount and free shipping $114 for 1,000 I jumped on that deal.

Damn the luck, that's a helluva deal alright. Where was that?

MM

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shrapnel

You have to remember only two things about rifles and accuracy: this is the 24hourcampfire and this is the internet.

I don’t even try to worry about that mythical rifle that so many people have a dozen of or more. I bave come to the realization that everyone else’s guns shoot half inch groups, their trucks all get 24 miles to the gallon and their reloaders never screw up. Why is it that I always get the junk that shoots an inch and my truck gets 14 mpg?

Great point! I was talking to a couple guys today at the gunshow. About shooting service rifle. They said guys show up,talking about how they shoot caribou, moose 600-700 yds out. But when they shoot out too 600yds during service rifle they can't even hit the target. .

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

Damn the luck, that's a helluva deal alright. Where was that?

MM

Shooters pro shop.. they were on sale for $134 they are back to $169 for 1000

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's not a place I usually watch so I'll have to put 'em on the list.........thanks.

I've got plenty for now, but I'm also in the middle of winter loading time too, so I'll need to re-stock pretty soon.

MM

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

Oops, I saw where it said "ball" on the box. So, it's 77gr. SMK. That is MUCH better than the 55gr ball ammo I thought it was... Interesting. Thanks for pointing that out...

Now, that is so much different in fact that If I tried that with my 73gr eldm load in my Norththech defense, I'd be making 1 1" hole in the paper and totally wasting 90 bullets...

Any ball ammo- M193, M855, M855A1, etc. is 6 to 7 inch ammo, for 100 rounds. 10 round groups will average 4-5 MOA, 30 round groups 5-7 moa.

The LMT was shot on an acoustic target through a chrono so every shot could be logged. MK262 Mod 1 ammo is generally around 1.2-1.6 MOA for 10 round groups out of test barrels. This lot has been historically “bad” at around 1.5-2.0 MOA. The first two 10 round groups were 1.23 inch and 1.24 inch. The 30 shot group was 1.31 inches. It is a stellar barrel overall, and quite possibly the most consistent and stable hard us barrel I’ve ever seen.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good info Formi. Can you share velocity data for AVG, SD, and ES?

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
For the 5x5 groups-

Average velocity- 2,633fps.

ES- 89 FPS

SD- 21.4 FPS

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

Oops, I saw where it said "ball" on the box. So, it's 77gr. SMK. That is MUCH better than the 55gr ball ammo I thought it was... Interesting. Thanks for pointing that out...

Now, that is so much different in fact that If I tried that with my 73gr eldm load in my Norththech defense, I'd be making 1 1" hole in the paper and totally wasting 90 bullets...

Any ball ammo- M193, M855, M855A1, etc. is 6 to 7 inch ammo, for 100 rounds. 10 round groups will average 4-5 MOA, 30 round groups 5-7 moa.

The LMT was shot on an acoustic target through a chrono so every shot could be logged. MK262 Mod 1 ammo is generally around 1.2-1.6 MOA for 10 round groups out of test barrels. This lot has been historically “bad” at around 1.5-2.0 MOA. The first two 10 round groups were 1.23 inch and 1.24 inch. The 30 shot group was 1.31 inches. It is a stellar barrel overall, and quite possibly the most consistent and stable hard us barrel I’ve ever seen.

Cool info formid. Thanks for sharing.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks Formi. I appreciate the info.

Jason

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
For the 5x5 groups-

Average velocity- 2,633fps.

ES- 89 FPS

SD- 21.4 FPS

That's pretty good!

Politics is War by Other Means
Page 24 of 46 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 45 46

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
213 members (358WCF, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 31 invisible), 2,180 guests, and 971 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,645
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.