Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 46 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 45 46
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TWR
[Linked Image]
The top 2 groups are 77 NCC's and the bottom (supposed to be the ammo it likes) 55 NBT's. Not everyday is meant for shooting I guess.
Oh and I loaded 10, fired 10 with the 1-4 Trijicon scope but I bet the barrel didn't get above freezing smile it was cold today!
That's pretty typical of what I see shooting ARs off rests with a similar scope. Even with a Krieger.

Politics is War by Other Means
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

The LMT was shot on an acoustic target through a chrono so every shot could be logged. MK262 Mod 1 ammo is generally around 1.2-1.6 MOA for 10 round groups out of test barrels. This lot has been historically “bad” at around 1.5-2.0 MOA. The first two 10 round groups were 1.23 inch and 1.24 inch. The 30 shot group was 1.31 inches. It is a stellar barrel overall, and quite possibly the most consistent and stable hard us barrel I’ve ever seen.

Assuming the gun was rested on bags & that you were holding it, I think that's probably better than average shooting. grin

MM

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

Assuming the gun was rested on bags & that you were holding it, I think that's probably better than average shooting. grin

MM

Yes it was shoulder fired from bags. Every other barrel was in a machine. The LMT could not be due to the barrel extension.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It would be interesting to see how some other higher end & respected fighting guns would do, like KAC or Colt, in that kind of trial.

I've got 3 SR-15's, including one LPR, but since I don't get MK 262 for free to burn up, & it costs me a buck a round, or $200 +, I don't think I'll shoot that test to find out. laugh

MM

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
It would be interesting to see how some other higher end & respected fighting guns would do, like KAC or Colt, in that kind of trial.

I've got 3 SR-15's, including one LPR, but since I don't get MK 262 for free to burn up, & it costs me a buck a round, or $200 +, I don't think I'll shoot that test to find out. laugh

MM

I'd shoot 100 of my 73gr eldm's, but like I said, it would be a waste of bullets... I'm like TWR when it comes to shooting my AR's too, 10 shot groups usually only take about a minute to shoot... I'd do the same exact regimen formid did and bring a laser heat gun to test barrel temp too... Maybe next time out... I've got plenty of the 73's loaded up.. Maybe this is the next challenge we can start. Gunner was looking for something else to shoot anyhow..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, obviously, you can shoot it with any ammo, but to make a direct comparison to what he did you really need MK 262.

MM

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

MM

Both of those have been tested as well. Colts and KAC are both generally very good CL barrels. Expect MK262 to do between 2.5-3.5 MOA for the above 100 rounds from either.

The big difference is that this LMT barrel is able to shoot M855A1 to below 3 MOA for 100 rounds. No other CL barrel has broke 6 MOA for the same.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What's unique about the LMT barrel?

MM

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
What's unique about the LMT barrel?

MM

The barrel itself? Not much different really. It’s a quality barrel, but I don’t think that is the difference. The difference is the LMT MRP Upper is monolithic. It’s not a normal barrel extension or barrel nut. The barrel to upper has much much less/no flex. The other thing is the gas port is angled 45 degrees.

Whether that’s the reasons why? I don’t know.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep, I knew about the monolithic upper; was not aware of the 45 degree gas port.

LMT does a lot of "higher tech" / cutting edge type work; just one gun I've not owned yet.

Do you have an opinion on LWRC stuff in general?

MM

IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Yep, I knew about the monolithic upper; was not aware of the 45 degree gas port.

LMT does a lot of "higher tech" / cutting edge type work; just one gun I've not owned yet.

Do you have an opinion on LWRC stuff in general?

MM

I’ve used some LWRC quite a bit. In general the 5.56mm guns are fine, however they don’t really offer anything above others. If I had one and it worked, no problem. But I wouldn’t buy one above other options.

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Does that velocity seem a little slow or normal for mk262 in a 16" barrel?

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Not really. Usually you see 2,550-2,650fps for 14.5’s, and 2,600-2,700fps for 16”.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by gunner500
You guys ever tire of those statements from some individuals on the internet like, "me and my wife can shoot consistent 1/4" 10 shot groups" with a factory rifle and factory ammo. You point them to this thread and their yap instantly slaps closed... I don't know about you guys, but it's cold here and snowing. Nothing better to do than work on an old washing machine that just took a crap and surf the web... grin At the least, you Cali guys can go and do some shooting for me, since I'm stuck at the house... grin Just a note on shooting. I did go to the range late yesterday, right before and during a snow storm. I had installed my new SWFA SS 16x and couldn't resist. That thing dialed in so perfectly it wasn't even funny. Shot my first 10 shot group and thought damn, I may have this in the bag. Then I proceded to shoot my Tikka, then my model 10 predator 223. Went down to the range and checked the targets, came back, shot the Tikka 5 more times to finish off that 10 shot group. By that time it was snowing hard. I forgot to bring my walking stick, so I could see the target, so I gave it my best shot with the Savage. You guys would be laughing at that group. I'll post it if you want. I was so disgusted, I packed everything up and didn't even try to shoot the Tikka and predator again. Got home, threw the rifles in the shop on the floor and came in and had a drink.... I love the snow, but it does nothing to improve the group size, when you can't see the target. From what little i saw yesterday, the Savage rifle is still shooting great after the fall and the new scope is working great. I'll test the tracking out when I can go and shoot some steel.

Alright Hero, I haven't seen where all the scores are totaled up yet, not sure you've done it, but I certainly haven't, not one gotdamn HALF INCH ALL DAY LONG RIFLElaugh, hell, I haven't seen a half inch gun ONE GD time either! shocked ; ]

Where do all those other guys get rifles like that????? grin

I've added it up. There are 8 guys that have proven they have "moa all day long" rifles here and that they can shoot them as intended. There has also been right at 21,000 views of this thread, so the rest of the guys are watching, thinking do I want to try this or not???.. Mostly it's or not...

Right again Big Buddy, we gotta go perch fishing ASAP, all these poor crickets may as well not have to die for nothing, laugh and Thanks, I will keep all the quarter inch guns I find, that's going to be one by god little gun safe!!!!! ; ]

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Ha ha. Yeah, do they make single rifle gun safes? That or a really damn big one, with a sticker on it saying: Reserved for all 5 pound hunting weight internet 1/4 moa rifles... grin . Not saying you spout that bull schiet, but some internet comandos have some pretty damn vivid imaginations. Not talking about any of you that have contributed to this thread either. I appreciate your honest targets. One local site in particular, you arent allowed to call bullchiet, because thats just poor site etiquette and against the rules, so you have these stupid phu cks spouting off ridiculous accuracy claims. I invited him and his wife to check out this thread and post up some targets. I cant say, post up or shut ths fu ck up there though...

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL, and yes, if someone wants too loose their money, guess we could travel and show em in person, it'd cost em dearly too see we aint BULLCHITTERS! grin

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Hell yes my friend.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by gunner500
You guys ever tire of those statements from some individuals on the internet like, "me and my wife can shoot consistent 1/4" 10 shot groups" with a factory rifle and factory ammo. You point them to this thread and their yap instantly slaps closed... I don't know about you guys, but it's cold here and snowing. Nothing better to do than work on an old washing machine that just took a crap and surf the web... grin At the least, you Cali guys can go and do some shooting for me, since I'm stuck at the house... grin Just a note on shooting. I did go to the range late yesterday, right before and during a snow storm. I had installed my new SWFA SS 16x and couldn't resist. That thing dialed in so perfectly it wasn't even funny. Shot my first 10 shot group and thought damn, I may have this in the bag. Then I proceded to shoot my Tikka, then my model 10 predator 223. Went down to the range and checked the targets, came back, shot the Tikka 5 more times to finish off that 10 shot group. By that time it was snowing hard. I forgot to bring my walking stick, so I could see the target, so I gave it my best shot with the Savage. You guys would be laughing at that group. I'll post it if you want. I was so disgusted, I packed everything up and didn't even try to shoot the Tikka and predator again. Got home, threw the rifles in the shop on the floor and came in and had a drink.... I love the snow, but it does nothing to improve the group size, when you can't see the target. From what little i saw yesterday, the Savage rifle is still shooting great after the fall and the new scope is working great. I'll test the tracking out when I can go and shoot some steel.

Alright Hero, I haven't seen where all the scores are totaled up yet, not sure you've done it, but I certainly haven't, not one gotdamn HALF INCH ALL DAY LONG RIFLElaugh, hell, I haven't seen a half inch gun ONE GD time either! shocked ; ]

Where do all those other guys get rifles like that????? grin

You have to remember only two things about rifles and accuracy: this is the 24hourcampfire and this is the internet.

I don’t even try to worry about that mythical rifle that so many people have a dozen of or more. I bave come to the realization that everyone else’s guns shoot half inch groups, their trucks all get 24 miles to the gallon and their reloaders never screw up. Why is it that I always get the junk that shoots an inch and my truck gets 14 mpg?

Oh hell, I missed this one, and Yessir, I too am so afflicted! smile

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Hell yes my friend.

cool

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think what this thread really shows is that you don't need a rifle that is 1 MOA for 20 shots to do most things that can be done with a rifle and that includes winning matches (BR excluded). Just look at everything people are accomplishing with rifles that couldn't meet this standard on a good day.

Politics is War by Other Means
Page 25 of 46 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 45 46

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (1lessdog, 007FJ, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 62 invisible), 2,919 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,577
Posts18,454,007
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.