Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Well, I'll put 1st for self flagellation..............10 round of 458 off a bench is man's work. wink

MM

Arggh...I might have to load some .475 Turnbulls. It's ridiculously accurate.

Damn, I'd need to take the rest of the year off if I sent twenty 600gr Woodleighs from my 505. cry grin

Considering what 500gr .475 dia Woodleighs cost, I'm just glad I hit on a great load, from the start. smile

What kind of groups do you get with your .475?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by robertham1

What kind of groups do you get with your .475?

I have a pic (which I've forgotten how to post here) of 3 shots touching at 100 yards, and it's done it more than a few times.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Neither do I.

I think most of us participating in this thread don't do that, but there are quite a few on the 'fire in general that really do. It rarely seems to come from the guys who are willing to put up actual results, for obvious reasons.

smile

I've shot a few groups, with the intent of posting. One I screwed up on my own, the others the wind was swirling and erratic, and I had a couple fliers that opened the groups 1/2". Of course yesterday, I shot 20 shots in the wind, got crappy results. Then the wind slowed a lot, and I put the last 5 in .70". The wind quit completely by the time I got home.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Post up anyway tex.

What ever it was, it's sure to be better than that 2.378" shi#$& show from earlier.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Went out today with some loads that have been floating around the Vidmar for a few years.

Decided to try them in my most accurate 223 to nail down a load for ground squirrels middle of next month. This rifle is MOA or better with just about everything.

As you can see, it didn't like some loads at all.

I tried to replicate 'Stick's lever evolution load with the 75 BTHP, but it didn't pan out, at least not with Fed 205 primers and LC brass. I may tinker some more with that one, just because I have a pound of 'Lever now, and no other applications. I have a few brands of commercial brass and have some CCI BR-4 primers. I'll try those next with different depth.

All ten shot groups, fired as fast as I could reacquire the target and squeeze the trigger. Some breaks in between courses for fire, but not much.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Went out today with some loads that have been floating around the Vidmar for a few years.

Decided to try them in my most accurate 223 to nail down a load for ground squirrels middle of next month. This rifle is MOA or better with just about everything.

I tried to replicate 'Stick's lever evolution load with the 75 BTHP, but it didn't pan out, at least not with Fed 205 primers and LC brass. I may tinker some more with that one, just because I have a pound of 'Lever now, and no other applications. I have a few brands of commercial brass and have some CCI BR-4 primers. I'll try those next with different depth.

All ten shot groups, fired as fast as I could reacquire the target and squeeze the trigger. Some breaks in between courses for fire, but not much.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Where are all the "moa or better with just about everything" loads?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe that was too general.

I have some 55 grain Hornady VMax that shoot 1" for three shots, and some 55 grain federal factory HP that shoot as well.

Obviously, there are lots of things its not MOA with.

And, this was my first run at ten round groups with this rifle. Prior to this I'd only shot three round groups.

Ten shot groups really tell a different story.

John Stark.
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Where are all the "moa or better with just about everything" loads?

Well aren't you just mr gumpy grump... We all could just post 3 shot groups at 50yards with our mini 14 I guess and call it good.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Maybe that was too general.

I have some 55 grain Hornady VMax that shoot 1" for three shots, and some 55 grain federal factory HP that shoot as well.

Obviously, there are lots of things its not MOA with.

And, this was my first run at ten round groups with this rifle. Prior to this I'd only shot three round groups.

Ten shot groups really tell a different story.

Thanks for sharing your results. You are right about 10 shot groups. It can really be an eye opener.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I see, some of you trying to participate. Even if you aren't producing sub moa shooters, at least you are out there giving it a go... Mucho better than coaching from the couch... I have 3 entries for today. Shot my new Tikka superlite 6.5 creedmoor. Tried some new ammo that I loaded up with my new die set, set-up specifically for that rifle's chamber. I figured I'd leave my die set alone for my savage. Looks like a minimal shoulder set back with the new die did the trick. I'm still not surprised about the minimal run-out I get with plain jane RCBS FL die sets.... Pretty much less than .003" TIR when you set them up right... wink Now, on with the show:

Tikka T3X superlite 6.5 creedmoor. Glass bedded by yours truly, scope is a cheap Burris E1 4.5-14X42. Load consists of 140gr. eldm bullets, which is the same bullet I run in my Savage. Today was pretty nice, but lightly sprinkling. Wind was pretty minimal.

Rifle:
[Linked Image]

Target:
[Linked Image]

Caliper for reference:
[Linked Image]

Range with target set at 100 yards (Northtech defense pictured):
[Linked Image]

I am happy as chit that I finally broke the Tikka's sub moa cherry!!!!!!!!!!! Pretty good day of shooting. Next 2 entries will be on separate posts..

By the way, that is .883 MOA Average from the Tikka... So damn close to the Savage that it isn't even funny...

BSA MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Entry 2 from 3-22-19

Savage 12fv 6.5 creedmoor, with it's new SWFA SS 16X:
[Linked Image]

Target:
[Linked Image]

Caliper for reference:
[Linked Image]

Range: Only took one pic of the range and target today. My Northtech defense is the one on the bench at the time, so keep that in mind:
[Linked Image]

Results: .771 MOA AVERAGE....

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Entry 3 for 3-22-19

For the semi auto division, I had to bring my Northtech Defense out and play. Even though it has a crappy Windham weaponry barrel on it.. :grin. The last time I shot this rifle was before Thanksgiving, for a local turkey shoot. I asked a guy to throw down a hundy, because his big heavy barreled AR was sure to kick my light barreled AR's azz...... whistle: The fugger wouldn't do it though...

Rifle:
Northtech defense upper
Windham weaponry varmint exterminator 20" stainless fluted barrel
16.7" Noveske NSR
Burris PEPR mount with Burris AR 556 4.5-14x42 with windplex reticle
Tuned RRA varmint match trigger
Spikes tactical lower with Armaspec lpk
Magpul BADD lever
All ambi controls
Radian Raptor charge handle
Right to bear arms (RTBA) NIB BCG
Magpul gen 3 PRS butt stock
Magpul K2+ grip

[Linked Image]

Target:
[Linked Image]

Caliper for reference:
[Linked Image]

Range with target in background set up at 100 yards from bench:
[Linked Image]

Results: .777 MOA AVG.....

BSA MAGA
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I see, some of you trying to participate. Even if you aren't producing sub moa shooters.

Rifle:
[Linked Image]

Target:
[Linked Image]

Caliper for reference:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I am happy as chit that I finally broke the Tikka's sub moa cherry!!!!!!!!!!! Pretty good day of shooting. Next 2 entries will be on separate posts..

By the way, that is .883 MOA Average from the Tikka... So damn close to the Savage that it isn't even funny...

Ah gees thanks for your blessings....

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
I see, some of you trying to participate. Even if you aren't producing sub moa shooters.

Rifle:
[Linked Image]

Target:
[Linked Image]

Caliper for reference:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Sure buddy. Have you tried that MBT2S out yet?

BSA MAGA
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

Rifle:
[Linked Image]

Target:
[Linked Image]

Caliper for reference:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Sure buddy. Have you tried that MBT2S out yet?

I traded it for some birch syrup and dried salmon... lol.. I tried it, it's great trigger.. but the weather here has been chit. Weather looks decent today so heading out

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Cool man. Tell your wife, she did a great job on that key chain and rifle sling!!! I'll be trying that sling out this deer and elk season... Good luck with your shooting today buddy.. Burn up some of those targets I gave you.. grin

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Today's effort.

Varget, all FED 205 primers in mixed year LC brass. All Hornady 75 grain BTHP match. All ten round groups. SWFA 10X MQ scope.

Rifle is a "WY-15," one of the AR-15 pattern rifles John Burns sells. I bought it from him years ago, right after he left Grayboe. I love the rifle.

I should have take a picture of the rifle and the range. It was raining when I began and it ended by the time I was done.

I'm liking 2.250 and 25 grains.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

John Stark.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
David, you might want to try seating them at 2.23" and backing off a 1/2gr. You can try 2.23" with 25gr, but I think it'll be a little hot.

Politics is War by Other Means
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
The rifle looks like it has potential, for sure.. the 25gr load at 2.250, looks like it may be a sweet spot.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The rifle looks like it has potential, for sure.. the 25gr load at 2.250, looks like it may be a sweet spot.

That's what I'm thinking, too.

John Stark.
Page 27 of 46 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 45 46

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 71 invisible), 2,511 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,683
Posts18,456,326
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.