Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 28 of 46 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 45 46
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I moved on I got me a M1 Garand.. thinking I'm going to shoot some service rifle matches with it. I found a load it likes, peep sights 100yds puts all 10 shots in a 5 1/2 circle. Anyhow have fun with this boys, I'm off to better things..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh my load 46.4 grains of H4895, WLR, 175gr rdf, seated to 3.340. This is a copy of the national match M72 load used by LC

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pick up some 125gr bullets for the 200 yard line out of that M1. You will appreciate the difference in recoil. You don't even have to change the powder charge.

Politics is War by Other Means
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Pick up some 125gr bullets for the 200 yard line out of that M1. You will appreciate the difference in recoil. You don't even have to change the powder charge.

Thanks I was looking at the 150’s. Is that with any of 125??

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Tyrone

Thanks I was looking at the 150’s. Is that with any of 125??
Pretty much. They have all shot well for me, Nosler, Sierra, Speer, Hornady, even those goofy looking Remingtons. However, the Nosler BTs & Sierra PHs are pretty expensive. The old Speer 125 TNT has long been a favorite and I've seen some good deals on those lately.
You will notice the difference in recoil between those & 150s (unless you use ball powder).

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
I moved on I got me a M1 Garand.. thinking I'm going to shoot some service rifle matches with it. I found a load it likes, peep sights 100yds puts all 10 shots in a 5 1/2 circle. Anyhow have fun with this boys, I'm off to better things..

John,

When I was stationed at Eielson, I used to hunt a power line cut down way back in the woods.

One day I was sitting on "my spot" when an old timer came down the way carrying a M1 Garand. He sat with me for a while and we shared some of my coffee, and he told me that he brought the rifle back from Korea and shot a moose with it every year except "nineteen hundred and sixty four." Then he asked if I was alive back then (I was).

I said, "That's heavy rifle to be carrying around in these woods at your age." He replied, "What's that fancy gun?" I told him it was a 300 Weatherby on an old FN action, but I hadn't shot any moose yet it. He replied "Well, if you ain't killin' no moose with it, then that's too heavy of a rifle to be carrying in these woods."

He smiled and went on his way. A few hours later I say the old man on a hill about 500 yards from me get into his sling and into a sitting position. Soon after I heard five shots in quick succession. Then he stood up and yelled back in my direction, "Young man? Can you help me carry this moose out?" Which I did.

I moved a year later and never saw the old boy again. The six years I lived in Alaska, I saw more hunting with 03-A3 rifles, Lee Enfields, Garands and Savage 99s than I've ever seen since, or expect to see again.

I guess the bottom line is a Garand in the hands of someone who knows how to work it is a thing of wonder.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What is a Garand?

Have heard of the term,but never have seen one...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You would rust one.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trybone,

You heel nippin' CLUELESS Kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for TRYING.

Hint.

LAUGHING!................

[Linked Image]

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Trybone,

You heel nippin' CLUELESS Kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for TRYING.

Hint.

LAUGHING!................

[Linked Image]

What make is garand Stick? The one I ended up with is a Korean War H&R M1 Garand.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fhuqking Winchester.(grin)

Grandpa had same in The Big One,so it was long ingrained to follow suit.

Beast Mode...................(grin)

[Linked Image]

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Fhuqking Winchester.(grin)

Grandpa had same in The Big One,so it was long ingrained to follow suit.

Beast Mode...................(grin)

[Linked Image]

Nice! My only problem I’m a lefty and the damn enbloc hits me in
the head lol

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sister flat fhuqks me up...because she shoots right handed,casts left handed,throws a Baseball left handed,serves a Volleyball right handed and shoots a Basketball right handed.

I just stay outta the fhuqking way...................(grin)

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I'm bumping this one up. I feel like going shooting today. Need to test some new loads in my old 6.5 creed. Had to load the bullets out another .025" to maintain .020" off the lands. Preliminary shots yesterday looked pretty good. Only had 30 of those loaded up though and wanted to shoot some steel instead of paper. First 10 shot group (at 400 yards) on a 4" steel plate was right at 2.5" (.597 MOA average) . Had a buddy with me that is thinking about buying a creed, so I let him burn up the rest of the box of ammo I had. I'll go and load some more here in a bit and go to the range... We'll see if I can muster sub moa all day long again, on these paper targets.... This is still a good thread, just needs more shooters....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Yep, i damn near went to one of their long range clinics 3 weeks ago. They have some good shoots there.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Go do the mid range shoot you will have a blast

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Go do the mid range shoot you will have a blast

OH hell yes I will. Was trying to talk one of my buddies into going, but he dropped out at the last second. Damn him... Well, I didn't swing sub moa with my rifle and adjusted load today. Too busy chasing off snakes!!!!!!
[Linked Image]

I don't think I'll shoot at this 100 yard range again!!! It was crawling with snakes today. Nice and warm and they just wanted to come out and play.... That big sob came slithering out right after I fired my last shot. It passed right behind me with its head up and its rattle up. Before I knew it, I was standing on top of the steel bench, looking for a big rock to throw at the bastid. It slithered under my truck, so I got off the bench and found some rocks to scare it out from underneath my truck. Then it was pizzed. It slithered toward me, then I hopped back on the bench and proceeded to throw a big rock at its head. I think I barely rang its bell, but it didn't kill it. It slithered off into the blackberry bushes with what looked like 5 more little snakes.... I like this place for shooting my 450 yard steel plates, but the 100 yard bench is tucked away with big rocks and bushes near it. I'm not going back!!!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I set up my little bench right in front of the big steel bench and shot my savage off of it today:
[Linked Image]
Ever have a bad day shooting? ha ha...

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rattlesnakes give me the heebie jeebies.. why I love Ak no snakes lol

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Rattlesnakes give me the heebie jeebies.. why I love Ak no snakes lol

Damn, I might move there. Try to get Lisa's phone number for me.... grin whistle

BSA MAGA
Page 28 of 46 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 45 46

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 163bc, 51 invisible), 2,245 guests, and 1,132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,604
Posts18,454,831
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.