Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
JamesJr Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm sure this has been discussed on here before, but I missed it if it had. I've found a place that has some BCA uppers on sale, and I know nothing about them. I don't really need another AR, but I have a complete lower that needs an upper, and I've been thinking about finding something to go with it.

So, what can someone tell me about the Bear Creek uppers. Thanks.

GB1

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I have a 450 BM its awesome. Shoots 1" or less when I do my part and its not failed on shot yet. Finish quality is nice, would not call it perfect, but for money I have been very happy.

Attached Images
20180804_180705_resized.jpg (29.36 KB, 376 downloads)
Last edited by Coop2564; 08/07/18.

7mmRM the perfect North American cartridge!
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Cheap junk.

You don't always get what you pay for, but with Bear Creek it's true. Also their customer service is pretty bad.

JamesJr Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Okay, so far a draw.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sometimes the barrels are good, sometimes not. But I understand they are pretty good on customer service and will replace bad barrels.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Are you looking at 6.5 Grendel’s or just .223 uppers?

I’m either case I’ve read enough bad reports on BCA barrels I’d spend a little more if it was me. Of course that’s just an opinion formed from browsing forums, not firsthand knowledge....

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Sometimes the barrels are good, sometimes not. But I understand they are pretty good on customer service and will replace bad barrels.

I bought a couple barrels from them a few months ago; one of them they sent the wrong item, completely their fault. It took them 2 weeks of hassling to get a shipping label to return it, and another 6 weeks after receiving mine back to get around to refunding it since that one was no longer in stock. Too bad, it was in stock until about a week before they finally got around to it. I think I had to contact them 5 or 6 times through the whole thing to get it done, and had to talk to a supervisor twice. I had to laugh when they offered a 10% coupon off my next purchase - as if there's going to be a next time after all that...

That's not good service by any definition I know.

Of the barrels I did receive, neither was machined very cleanly, and the chambering jobs were mediocre at best. I wasn't surprised, given the price, just don't expect magic from a bottom-priced product.

Last edited by Yondering; 08/07/18.
JamesJr Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I found some BCA uppers, both in 223 and 6.5 Grendel at what I thought was a pretty decent price, and just wanted to see what experiences others have had with them, as I've had none. I was thinking about either building or buying an upper, and am just kicking around some ideas. This won't be a rifle that will I'll shoot a lot, just something to stick back in safe, and I'm not going to spend a lot on it. I've used the PSA uppers before, and weren't impressed there, so I am aware of the problems that the lower priced products can have.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The term "you get what you pay for" seems to apply. Some people are happy with theirs but there's a lot of negativity surrounding BCA barrels.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
James many if not all these responses are people that do not own a BCA. They have a lifetime warranty and if you do have a issue sending it in would be a hassle, but I'm sure they will get you fixed and it is a American company. This is on their site...BCA's expectations is that our Barrels, 16 inches or longer, will hold a 1.000" MOA at 100 yards with appropriate ammo and shooting techniques.

I've been very happy with mine, it's never jammed or failed in anyway and is very accurate. But all I can attest to is mine.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Coop2564
This is on their site...BCA's expectations is that our Barrels, 16 inches or longer, will hold a 1.000" MOA at 100 yards with appropriate ammo and shooting techniques.

Is that kinda like "all day, every day, if I do my part" ?

Surely would like to see some honest 10 shot targets from anyone that has their barrels / rifles...........................just sayin'.

Sounds like all the major gun & barrel manufacturers will soon be out of business.

MM

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
This is on their site...BCA's expectations is that our Barrels, 16 inches or longer, will hold a 1.000" MOA at 100 yards with appropriate ammo and shooting techniques.

Surely would like to see some honest 10 shot targets from anyone that has their barrels / rifles...........................just sayin'.

Sounds like all the major gun & barrel manufacturers will soon be out of business.

MM

I'm sure they are talking 3 shot group. There are not target competition rifles.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

MM

No you want TWO 10 shot groups....just sayin.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well any rifle can throw 3 shots close together here and there. Most people are good with that though and don't hold the company to their accuracy guarantee because they never actually test it.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

MM

I'm sure they are talking 3 shot group. There are not target competition rifles.

Yeah, I know........................just needling the "all, day every day MOA" crowd. grin

'Course y'all prolly missed the joke.

MM

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I just shot mine and am perfectly fine with it. It's an AR10, on a PSA lower, Cheap scope, and while zeroing it, and trying some Varget I had work-up loads for got nearly half of the groups about an inch and only two groups looked bad at about 2". This is with a horrible PSA trigger, shooting off the back of the pickup. If you want bechrest accuracy spend bigger money (LaRue) but for fun & function I don't see anything wrong with it.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Last night I ordered a 450 Bushmaster
I had not seen this thread I hope I can say good stuff I hope to know soon for my self

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have 2 BCA uppers, a 9mm and a .223 Wylde, both on 80% lowers that I assembled. Both have Rise armament triggers, Never had a problem with either, both function fine and are accurate enough for my purposes.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
I have 2 BCA uppers, a 9mm and a .223 Wylde, both on 80% lowers that I assembled. Both have Rise armament triggers, Never had a problem with either, both function fine and are accurate enough for my purposes.

What barrel do you have on the Wylde?

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
A friend has one of their 24” Grendel barrels. It’ll put 3 Hornady factory rounds into an inch, and I’ve done it more than once.
I had told him it’d not be my first pick (the brand and the length), but I can’t cuss it.
Neither of us have ever shot a coyote 10 times, so I can’t help that crowd….

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

141 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 13 invisible), 1,462 guests, and 833 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,577
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.