Hop To
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
That's my prediction.

The storm systems that have been blowing through here all summer have morphed into heavy, overcast skies that drop rain on and off all day long.

The ground is getting fairly saturated. I'd like to see it clear up, heat up, and dry the place out just one more time before the late fall/early winter drizzles set in proper.

This has been a wet one. The farmers up and down the road have stopped cutting hay. I guess they've got more than they can use already. I saw one guy out bush-hogging what appeared to be a prime hay field a couple of days ago. Don't really know why,...unless maybe he's planning on sowing with a crop in the Spring.

Or maybe he just felt like driving that big John Deere around for a while.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not soon enough for me. I could smell the change though in the early mornings and can see the difference in the shadows during mid day. Every year I mark the day that we start losing daylight in our Latitude. About 2.5 minutes a day now. When I tell people almost all just shrug their shoulders.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Showers have become more frequent after having the driest month of May since they started keeping records. Summertime temps have also been milder than usual and there seem to be more leaves blown off the trees than usual for this time of year. So I would concur that we may well see an early fall here in Indiana.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Been a Hot and Dry summer here! we have only half the rain, that we tend to get! Crops are hurting bad!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
" I saw one guy out bush-hogging what appeared to be a prime hay field a couple of days ago. Don't really know why,...unless maybe he's planning on sowing with a crop in the Spring."

Winter wheat maybe.

FJB & FJT
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Bring it!

Was sweated out by 8am this morning.

Ready for some cool weather!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by saddlering
Been a Hot and Dry summer here! we have only half the rain, that we tend to get! Crops are hurting bad!

Same here. The Sudan, whats left of it, may not be worth cutting. Hopefully, if we get enough rain, that may change. Round bales are going for up to $120.00 each. Cattle are going to sale barns fast and furious. We need more rain.

Jim

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
This has been a very hot, dry summer with no storms at all. We're down about 20% on annual rainfall so far with only a month to catch up. The water year here starts Oct 1 when the mountains start accumulating water for next summer's irrigation season.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
We need to send some rain to you guys out West. We've had feet of rain this year and the farmers are loving it. Bumper crop of hay. They're mowing the hay fields here I guess so they stay green and they don't get out of hand I think. If this weather pattern doesn't change by Winter, we'll probably get hammered with snow come January and February. I too have seen leaves falling already. I think it's a little early.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Trees are turning and the leaves are dropping off. Maybe very poor fall colors. Is dry as well but good crops based on the looks.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I hate August. Worst month of the year imo.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I’m ready, it was hot down in this hole this AM. Come on cool weather!!

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
As much as I like fall, I could do with a bit more hot summer weather. Hoping we get it.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Bone dry here. The sky is grey with smoke and smells as such. A slight chance of thunder storms that will light off more fires.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Smokey on this side of the Cascades as well.

Was fine until a little low pressure moved in last Sat. Seemed to suck all that schitty Canadian air right down on us. Last couple days have been better.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I love fall and it can't come soon enough. However, it's hot and humid as heck up here in the northeast. No sign of fall yet.

NYH1.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
The choke cherry and buffalo berry are loaded down with fruit.

I have never seen the branches so heavy.

That means the birds got the hell out while the getting was good.

I predict we blow right past fall and have a tough damn winter.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had a wet spring but by August we were almost into drought conditions. Then last week we got a good soaking rain and more this week. Some leaves have been falling but that was from the trees getting stressed when it was so dry. Was out checking trail cams on a friends property and discovered this years crop of wild blackberries was pretty good. I had figured otherwise with all the dryness earlier this summer. Maybe that wet spring did the trick.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (2003and2013, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 61 invisible), 2,534 guests, and 1,340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,132
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.