Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#13076843 08/22/18
Reba Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Does anyone else get comfort from dog farts?

When the tailgate drops the BS stops.
GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
No.

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's just weird... NO

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Reba Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Well I spend 4 months a year with three dogs in a 22 travel trailer. Some times I wake up in the night and wonder where I am and then I smell a nice little dog fart.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Only when I can blame my farts on the dog.

Wife: Pew......did you fart?

Me: Nope, it must have been the dog.

wink

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
IC B2

Reba Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Only when I can blame my farts on the dog.

Wife: Pew......did you fart?

Me: Nope, it must have been the dog.

wink

Aren't dogs wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just something you have to learn to tolerate. No point in raising a big todo about it. There is nothing you can do about it but live with it.

And know that the digestive system is working as it should.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Dogs fart, who would have guessed????

laissez les bons temps rouler
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My brother’s Blue Heeler has the nastiest gas after eating anything that had ketchup on it. I swear she would get a smirk on her face when it happened. Dave

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The drahthaar just got done eating 2 week old sundried macerated antelope skull leftovers. Was 24 hours of dog fart hell. I do think he felt bad about it though.

IC B3

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I love it when they fart, then whirl their heads toward their butt with a puzzled look: What the hell was THAT?

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My old female chessie Rio would, if you farted loudly, bare her teeth and growl...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
If my dogs have gas, invariably it meant they needed to be let out to take a dump. I can't think of a time this wasn't true, even after some thought. Having had close to two dozen dogs there probably were times they had gas for other reasons but noting a dog farting is not something important to me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
^^^
Have you ever had a Boxer? They fart all the time.
Luckily, they usually aren't too bad.
Our Jack Russell wasn't gassy often, but she could ruin a room.
And it lingered.

I worked midnight shift, and she slept with my wife.
We would be cutting up deer in the evening and
Beth would say "Don't be giving her deer meat, I have to
sleep with her tonight".

I would slip her every scrap I could.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
One of our granddaughters had 2 boxers after she moved from home but don't recall them being more or less gaseous than our dogs and the one we kept for a week once. Like many quirks, it may be unique to an individual dog or maybe a particular bloodline.

Terriers do seem to have a high incidence of toxicity. My first dog was a terrier/spaniel mix and she was bad if passing gas. One knew she did so as she would beeline to the door upon letting one go. It gave you a couple seconds warning but prevented you from blaming the dog for any unpleasant odors that were noticed. We currently have a Morkie in the house and she is another bad one and is even worse when raining or cold as she doesn't want to go out. The pit bull/heeler mix is not bad at all, I can't think of a time he has had gas.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I found out a long time ago that feeding food with lamb in it would cause them to smoke you right out of the room.

Since then, it's been nothing but beef based and now it's halfway tolerable.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
I found out a long time ago that feeding food with lamb in it would cause them to smoke you right out of the room.

Since then, it's been nothing but beef based and now it's halfway tolerable.

This is very true. Chicken and rice based formulas seem to result in the least gas.

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Beef/chicken/lamb with rice seem to have no difference in effect on my dogs regarding gas. No matter what the meat base, the dogs get gas when they need to take a dump. It may be a matter of digestive acclimation as I feed my dogs a variety of foods based on availability and price so they do not get used to a single type. It is not what has been recommended over the years but it has worked for me and my dogs over the last 40 plus years.

What gave my dogs gas while cleaning out their bowels were cow hooves. My folks gave my dogs some about 20 years ago and the stench and trips outside were almost clockwork every 4 hours for a little over a day. I have not allowed my dogs to have hooves since then.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Beef basted Milk bone type treats made our lab unbearable.

Boxers, like all pushed in face dogs are bad.
We have elevated food dishes, and keep him on a good diet. (He still pilfers from the garbage though.)
He still entertains us with the frequent, phiiiifffffft.

These dogs aren't for the snooty. Farts, yawns, grunts, groans, midnight at the watering trough buurrrps, slobbers.

Ain't got no dam manners.

Wife said I just described myself.
BS, I don't slobber, much.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Except for the farts, the above pretty much describes most of my versatile breed dogs and half the setters. To make up for the farts, the wirehairs seem to prefer drinking off the bottom of the dish rather than the surface. With their beards that makes a mess on the floor around their dish and everything else for the next 30 feet or more.

Got to love them though, after all, "only real dogs have beards!" smile

Last edited by woodmaster81; 08/25/18.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

664 members (1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 1minute, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 1234, 58 invisible), 2,984 guests, and 1,349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,697
Posts18,456,685
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.