Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I love it when they fart, then whirl their heads toward their butt with a puzzled look: What the hell was THAT?

My Pudelpointer does exactly that. Makes me laugh and I don't have any sense of smell so don't have to live with the side effects.

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
You're all reminding me of the James Herriot book "All Creatures Great and Small", a gentle lady owned Cedric the boxer who could clear a room.
Tristan's comment wasn't helpful, "speak on sweet lips that never tell a lie"
Cedric was given to the gardener who had no sense of smell (supercub?).

My Akita could make your eyes water..... so, no. No comfort from dog farts.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by colodog
Cedric was given to the gardener who had no sense of smell (supercub?).

My wife says my truck stinks like "dog". I think it smells fine. smile

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Bumper sticker:

“My FBEC can out-hunt AND out-fart your NAVHD ribbon winner”

laissez les bons temps rouler
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 30338
The drahthaar just got done eating 2 week old sundried macerated antelope skull leftovers. Was 24 hours of dog fart hell. I do think he felt bad about it though.

All of you guys are assuming that your dog doesn't have a bigger beef about your farts......

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My GWP is self conscious about his farts. He will get up and leave the room or want to go outside to do it.
Love that dog.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
My GWP is self conscious about his farts. He will get up and leave the room or want to go outside to do it.
Love that dog.

TFF!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smokepole
All of you guys are assuming that your dog doesn't have a bigger beef about your farts......

My dog loves my farts.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
As an aside to the line here, if farts get to be too "unpleasant" give the pooch one of the probiotic capsule a day for a few days. The change in gut bugs will often moderate the effluvia for a while. Works well on our Chessies, who sometimes can curl yer hair and burn yer eyes. Same will frequently help when then have some temporary GI upset.

precision is group shooting, accuracy is hitting your intended target.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We call Rocky's farts "blue mambas"! They're poisonous. eek

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

L
L
If you have been a dog owner for quite some time now then you'll get used to it. My Alaskan Malamutes fart a lot since they all love to steal some treats on these automatic feeders that I bought online. Did I make a bad decision of purchasing this product or my buddies are just that smart to know how this thing works?

Dogs are actually like humans, either they make a silent but deadly fart or something that is loud and proud. They just can't control it, and its normal.

Last edited by LaVitaEBella; 09/04/18.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No expert here but I'm guessing for many it's too much protein. The sudden appearance of silent but deadly was the signal to move Larry from puppy chow to adult food. No problems after that. Until Lilli caught a rabbit and ate most of it before I found out. She'd let a fart, give me a dirty look, and leave the room. Fortunately it was open window season. Dogs are funny.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I was a kid, Mom and Dad used to drag us kids along on Friday or Saturday nights to their friends' house to play hearts or gin. They had kids too, so there'd be seven of us doing pretty much anything we wanted until the wee hours. Fun times.

The McCardles had an English Bull Dog named Oscar. Oscar probably weighed 150 pounds and was gentle as a kitten.

I have no idea what they fed Oscar, but he was ALWAYS gassed up and was good for at least three or four very healthy farts per hour. And I am not exaggerating one bit when I say that he could fart anywhere in the open portion of the house (meaning not in a bedroom or bathroom), and you would smell it wherever you happened to be within about half a minute.

Oscar's face didn't give much away, but I think he really got off on it. Everyone else, not so much.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
USACE is doing some maintenance on the Dam north of town where I run my dogs every night. Consequently some of the less frequently used parts are in operation causing lake herring to be discharged in a stunned state, and the birds to feast on them. Birds also drop herring going to and from their roosts, which is where the dogs run, and my two idiots find about one 10-12" oily disgusting oversized bait fish each every night which they love and which causes them to fart dead fish smells.

Dog farts and dead fish are two smells which should not ever for any purpose be combined.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Dog farts are a product of the same things peoples farts are : grain in the diet. Feed a dog right and you won't have any that you'll notice, unless the dog gets into something he shouldn't. My dogs don't get grain in their diet so we don't have dog farts to put up with.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Reba Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cra1948
Dog farts are a product of the same things peoples farts are : grain in the diet. Feed a dog right and you won't have any that you'll notice, unless the dog gets into something he shouldn't. My dogs don't get grain in their diet so we don't have dog farts to put up with.

Oh boy! First pee less pups and now fart less dogs.

When the tailgate drops the BS stops.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Revenge is sweet!

Ok, maybe not sweet, but 35 years later it still makes me laugh when I think of it, like now...

I was northbound somewhere in WY, on a Denver to MC trip. Lab asleep on seat beside me, his head on my thigh, when I cut an SBD. We are talking deep purple here!

His nose twitched.

His eyes popped open.

He sat up suddenly and sniffed some more.

He turned around and smelled his butt.

He stuck his nose in my crotch and took a big whiff.

Then he gave me a "You ROTTEN bastid" look, and flung himself down with his nose as near as he could get it to the crack in the passenger-side door.

I laughed for 20 miles. And giggled every few minutes for the next 4 hours.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Reba
Does anyone else get comfort from dog farts?

That's just not right. frown And way TMI. frown

Since YOU started it though .. smile .. we had cocker spaniels when I was growing up. Generally they slept under mom's side of the head of my folk's bed. When my sisters and I would get pissed off at mom, we'd engage in chemical warfare by feeding the dog bacon. Warm, moisty, stinky fog rises.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by las
Revenge is sweet!

Ok, maybe not sweet, but 35 years later it still makes me laugh when I think of it, like now...

I was northbound somewhere in WY, on a Denver to MC trip. Lab asleep on seat beside me, his head on my thigh, when I cut an SBD. We are talking deep purple here!

His nose twitched.

His eyes popped open.

He sat up suddenly and sniffed some more.

He turned around and smelled his butt.

He stuck his nose in my crotch and took a big whiff.

Then he gave me a "You ROTTEN bastid" look, and flung himself down with his nose as near as he could get it to the crack in the passenger-side door.

I laughed for 20 miles. And giggled every few minutes for the next 4 hours.

LOL, Las! smile

John

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
That one on your trip was hilarious!!!!!., I bet you still laugh about it???? I've always had dogs, years ago when I still trapped the dogs would eat some beaver meat (not ever again). Boy oh boy three in the house would empty a room fast!!! Lost a really really smart dog to a xtra large paresite!!! No beaver meat again!! Ever. Anyway on a lighter note, my oldest daughter has a golden doodle & he can't figure out what a fart is??? Every time he farts, he'll get up with a scared look on his face & move to another spot and is quite nervous for a few minutes!!! My GWP is just normal so no bad bad farts. Interesting about the grain thing, good ta know. I'm out 👣🐾👣🐾👣🐾

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 54 invisible), 2,736 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,710
Posts18,456,891
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.