Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
We do a lot of road trips but now only drive 4-6 hrs. /day. We rarely travel on Interstates and enjoy finding new places to explore. Tomorrow we head to Ely, Nv. for a week to scout for Muledeer and sheep. At the end of the month we're off to Jackson, Gardiner, Ennis, and Salmon for as long as we want. I waited way to long to retire.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I was only chaining your rattle, Wyo. Sounds like he made a good choice.

And now back to the mileage melange.

X2!

I am MAGA.
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EdM
A month or so ago we did nine hours each way to fish BC. It was a beautiful drive and well worth the "effort".

[Linked Image]

Taste's like chicken

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
634? That ain't schit! Montana's call that a grocery run.

That being said my rule is 10 hours these days. I can keep going, but don't. Fugk that schit.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
My record is Daytona to San Diego in two days. Stopped for gas and to piss. Had to make a very important business appointment. Caught a bit of shut-eye in Texas someplace. Saw Jaurez literally on fire. Only hold ups were ICE checkpoints. Damn glad to see them. Some sketchy characters on that interstate betwixt Texas and Commifornia. I-10 pretty much the whole way.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Chit 600 nothing drove 700 miles one way to go caribou hunting on the dalton hwy. done that drive couple times... pull into coldfoot pay 6 bucks plus a gallon for fuel.. haven't done it in a few yrs ...

Last edited by 79S; 08/24/18.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gophergunner
I just don't "travel" good these days. I get an hour to an hour and a half before I need a restroom stop.

me too, but mostly for my back. 100 miles and then a 10 minute walkaround break works.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A friend is driving his son back to school in Bozeman right now. 2,568 miles each way...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by kid0917
Originally Posted by gophergunner
I just don't "travel" good these days. I get an hour to an hour and a half before I need a restroom stop.

me too, but mostly for my back. 100 miles and then a 10 minute walkaround break works.

True this! We mainly travel back roads and are constantly amazed at some of the things/ critters we spot on these frequent breaks. I keep a pair of 10x50 binos handy and seem to spot more cool stuff by accident than when I am hunting. I can't get enough of western America.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I drove 634 miles one day..........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by deflave

That being said my rule is 10 hours these days. I can keep going, but don't. Fugk that schit.

yea............didn't Shrap say you moved to FL ?

WTF ?

ready for Hurricane Flave next month ?

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Man.........

seriously........MT to FL ?

you bump your head ?

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
A friend is driving his son back to school in Bozeman right now. 2,568 miles each way...

I drove from Colorado Springs to Wasilla in 2016 talk about a lonely drive by yourself lol..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
A BIL and I drove 1700 miles in about 30 hours several years ago. From NW Georgia to NW Colorado for a hunt. We took turns driving and sleeping. We were in western Kansas just before sunup when both of us hit the wall and neither felt safe to drive. We pulled into a rest area for about 45 minutes of sleep. Two years ago I drove 950 miles from Hays KS all the way home in 19 hours. I drove every mile of that.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by tikkanut

yea............didn't Shrap say you moved to FL ?

WTF ?

ready for Hurricane Flave next month ?

2,708 miles in a 26' U-Haul and car carrier.

Misery defined. LMAO.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Man.........

you bump your head ?

Why is that everybody that hasn't lived in Havre asks me why I left Havre?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Man.........

you bump your head ?

Why is that everybody that hasn't lived in Havre asks me why I left Havre?

I always thought...man havre would be good, close to bird hunting and coyote hunting.....then a friend of mine got married a couple of years ago there......I went, 1st time there.....

all of a sudden emigrant in paradise valley looked pretty good....I will drive where I need to go....bob

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Lemme guess, Cali transplant?

grin

I RARELY go anywhere outside of the 'farm' but a couple weeks ago it was too hot for the airplane to fly so I drove down to Billings and picked my wife up at the airport. About 310 miles one way.

I hadn't been to Billings since we moved up here to Wolf Point(and you think Havre is 'bad'?.....). Anyway I hadn't been in 'traffic' in over 8 years and couldn't wait to get the hell outta there!

Interstate driving was nice though, kinda relaxing. 620 miles was a piece of cake, way more fun than a 12-15 hour day in the tractor. Of course driving is easy this time of year, winter time is an entire different ball game.....

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Lemme guess, Cali transplant?

grin

I RARELY go anywhere outside of the 'farm' but a couple weeks ago it was too hot for the airplane to fly so I drove down to Billings and picked my wife up at the airport. About 310 miles one way.

I hadn't been to Billings since we moved up here to Wolf Point(and you think Havre is 'bad'?.....). Anyway I hadn't been in 'traffic' in over 8 years and couldn't wait to get the hell outta there!

Interstate driving was nice though, kinda relaxing. 620 miles was a piece of cake, way more fun than a 12-15 hour day in the tractor. Of course driving is easy this time of year, winter time is an entire different ball game.....

sam ….no cali here......az to wy to nv to here....just about 29 years......yea wolfpoint, go bird hunting on that side, will be headed outside of Jordan on the 1st....I love all of that country, winnet I really like.

seriously thinking of going to Lewistown, love it there.....I like driving all that country, can do a lot of thinking …...bob

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Bob, if the farm wasn't here I'd move it to the Lewistown area. Great location, probably my favorite town in the entire state.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 52 invisible), 2,727 guests, and 1,080 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,313
Posts18,468,282
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.