Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
wdenike Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
DON'T LET McSALLY BAMBOOZEL THEM!!!!! She's so full of chit it's coming out her ears. She is actually running adds against the challenger in the general election. With hopes voters think she has the primary in the bag. Don't be fooled just look at Kelly Wards endorsements!!!!! Then look at the endorsements for the other clown. I rest my case. We don't need another McCain or Flake. If that is what we get we are truly swirling down the chitter, and get what you deserve. FINISH STRONG KELLY WARD!!!!!! And thanks Tomi Lauren for giving the extra push hopefully across the finish line. DONT BE FOOLS ARIZONA!!!! McSALLY wants you to think she has this in the bag and stay home. Sounds like the Hillary gang don't it?????

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
whats driving me nuts lately, among other things, are the pop up ads on facebook from defendarizona.org. looking up this entity you can see some big money donors in southern arizona. its registration leads to a mail drop in north phoenix, and the contact person is a paid operative of the republican party. These ads are basically lies misrepresenting kelly ward to benefit McSally.
it has be so mad this being done in the primary i am about to do what i have been threatening to do for years, go independent.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
whats driving me nuts lately, among other things, are the pop up ads on facebook from defendarizona.org. looking up this entity you can see some big money donors in southern arizona. its registration leads to a mail drop in north phoenix, and the contact person is a paid operative of the republican party. These ads are basically lies misrepresenting kelly ward to benefit McSally.
it has be so mad this being done in the primary i am about to do what i have been threatening to do for years, go independent.

As an Independent don't forget to vote for Ward.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sounds like a Sinema supporter.
McSally has them worried.
I wasted my vote on Ward before!

Originally Posted by wdenike
DON'T LET McSALLY BAMBOOZEL THEM!!!!! She's so full of chit it's coming out her ears. She is actually running adds against the challenger in the general election. With hopes voters think she has the primary in the bag. Don't be fooled just look at Kelly Wards endorsements!!!!! Then look at the endorsements for the other clown. I rest my case. We don't need another McCain or Flake. If that is what we get we are truly swirling down the chitter, and get what you deserve. FINISH STRONG KELLY WARD!!!!!! And thanks Tomi Lauren for giving the extra push hopefully across the finish line. DONT BE FOOLS ARIZONA!!!! McSALLY wants you to think she has this in the bag and stay home. Sounds like the Hillary gang don't it?????

Take care, Willie

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I went to the City Bldg. got a stack of voters registration and got several lads signed up to vote - showed them how to vote early - easy to do .If everybody on this site would follow through and do this it would be in the thousands of votes for the right leaning folks .

Do it don't put it off - keep reminding young people that things are going to crap and who's doing it , they'll listen .

Good luck in AZ.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

W
wdenike Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
And you got fugged by the establishment before, must have felt good and ya liked it. With your thinking. Just bend over its comin again. Amazing, ya can lead a horse to water but ya can't make the sombeech drink. Keep drinking the cool aid that's been working well for us.

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sickermore is running the phone bank.........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I mailed my early vote last week, but I pulled the lever for Joe Arpaio.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m worried Arizona voters have been fooled before. If you question this statement look at the present Senators. Dr. Ward looks like a good choice to me. Sheriff Joe is a little old and is just muddied the water. My hats off to the sheriff, he’s a great American. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
McSally has been okay in the House of Representatives and I think she should have stayed there. She was just getting enough seniority to start getting committee appointments and start making a contribution. Senate terms are for six years and House terms are for two so I understand why she is running for the Senate. I think it is a selfish reason and didn't vote for her for that reason.
Arpaio is too old to serve out a Senate term. I would have voted for him if he was running for a term in the House, but I don't think he will be able to complete a term in the Senate and we will be right back where we are now.
I voted for Kelli Ward last time and again this time. I am supporting Ken Bennet for Governor. I think both of them will support Trump. In the general election I will support the Republican candidate, whoever that is.
I am really concerned about who will be appointed to complete McCain's term. There is still talk of appointing his wife Cindy. She has no redeeming qualities that would make her a good Senator. Course the same could be said of John the last several years. Beginning to wonder if qualifications have anything to do with it.
I think we have reached the point every election is critical and we have to elect the most conservative candidate whether or not they are our first choice. We are only one election away from loosing our freedoms.

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Get your friends and family who don't vote but share your same values out to vote.
Republican voter apathy is the problem.....

W
wdenike Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Has,

Exactly!!!! A vote for ole Joe is simply a feel good vote. Sucking votes from Ward. Feeling good ain't getting it done. Only letting the fox ( McSalley) in the hen house. Poor Joe actually hurt the country he loves, probably old age. He couldn't have possibly believed he could win. Or maybe narcissistic, or egotistical mind set simply reared its ugly head. Either way he didn't help President Trump this time. Should have just took care of his wife, and enjoyed the rest of his and her life.

Take care, Willie

Last edited by wdenike; 08/25/18.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
I’m worried Arizona voters have been fooled before. If you question this statement look at the present Senators. Dr. Ward looks like a good choice to me. Sheriff Joe is a little old and is just muddied the water. My hats off to the sheriff, he’s a great American. Hasbeen

sheriff joe is a nice guy, and i have had the chance to have breakfast with him a couple of times.
the problem is he is too old and has no chance of winning.
I get email solicitations for money just about every day.
Nice retirement present all that money.
he is a diversion.
I really really don't like those attack ads against ward in this primary, all slanted to benefit Sally.
I had a good impression of her until this.
And the ads are handled by a guy in the republican party.
so screw them too.

W
wdenike Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Democratic money behind her too.

Take care, Willie

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When McLame announced his cancer, I was hoping we would see Jan Brewer appointed to his seat. But, the fool never stepped down and Brewer declined the chance to run for FruitFlakes' seat. I just hope we dont get stuck with the (D)yke.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
McCain is not going to step down. He’s a narcissistic old fool. He wants the spotlight even in death. He’s dreaming of his funeral on national TV. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
W
wdenike Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Saturday afternoon bump. To keep this chit fresh on everyone's mind. Get everyone you can to the polls. And Ward, and Bennett are your huckleberrys.

Take care, Willie

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
When McLame announced his cancer, I was hoping we would see Jan Brewer appointed to his seat. But, the fool never stepped down and Brewer declined the chance to run for FruitFlakes' seat. I just hope we dont get stuck with the (D)yke.

hey, that' no way to talk, she is bi sexual, goes either way.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 08/25/18.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ken Bennett article:

Former Arizona secretary of state Ken Bennett, who is mounting a challenge to incumbent governor Doug Ducey in the Republican gubernatorial primary this year, has attempted to paint himself as the sole fiscal conservative in the race, despite a record to the contrary.

Bennett, a long-term fixture in Arizona politics, surprised many in April by making a last-minute entrance into the governor's race. The crux of Bennett's argument for why Arizona voters should back him, instead of Ducey, as the state's chief executive rests primarily on the issue of who would make a better steward for the state's finances.

Bennett, who served as secretary of state from 2009 to 2015 and as president of the Arizona State Senate from 2003 to 2007, has lambasted Ducey for balancing the state's budget using "gimmicks." He has also accused Ducey of folding under political pressure and agreeing to raise teacher pay by 20 percent after statewide protests by educators.

Bennett's pitch was on display recently while courting Republican voters in Pima County.

"I decided to run for governor because I want to balance the budget," Bennett told the crowd, according to Tucson Weekly. "I proved that I can do it with a Democratic governor, and I know that we can do it again."

Official documents obtained by the Washington Free Beacon, however, bring into question just how deep Bennett's commitment to fiscal conservatism runs.

Over his 13 years in public office, Bennett charged Arizona taxpayers over $80,000 in travel expenses. This was in addition to the over $89,000 in per diem expenses that Bennett claimed during his tenure in office, bringing the total amount covered by taxpayers to over $171,000—approximately $12,000 a year.

Bennett racked up these expenses, consistently toward the top of his peers in the state senate and among statewide officeholders, even though his residence was located only two hours from the capital, well within commuting time.

It remains unclear if Bennett used his per diem expenses to cover the cost of housing or if it went solely for travel. The candidate's campaign did not return requests for comment.

Documents also show that not all of the trips Bennett expensed to taxpayers were for official duties related to his elected position. At least five of the trips were denoted as personal business and another 105 were political in nature, such as costs associated with attending local GOP functions across the state.

Apart from having taxpayers foot the bill for his travel, Bennett also used his capacity as president of the Arizona state senate to push for legislation that would benefit Bennett Oil, his family's energy company.

In 2004, Bennett, the recently installed leader of the state senate, cosponsored legislation requiring the state to reimburse oil companies, such as the one owned and operated by his family, for clean-up costs associated with underground fuel leaks. The legislation, which would have changed existing regulations to assure Arizona taxpayers footed the bill for clean-ups even when an oil company's insurance provider covered the cost, would have directly benefited firms like the one owned by Bennett.

When the Arizona Republic pointed out the conflict of interest in newspaper pages, Bennett demurred. When pushed further, the candidate admitted he sponsored the legislation after state regulators had refused to reimburse his company for clean-up costs. Bennett defended his position by asserting if the legislation were enacted, his family oil company would not benefit "anymore or less than anyone else" who operates "gasoline storage tanks."

Even prior to the ethical lapses coming to light, the candidate was considered something of a long shot against Ducey. The incumbent governor, a former CEO of Coldstone Creamery, has amassed a war chest of nearly $3 million to boost his reelection bid and has secured strong backing from Arizona's business community. Bennett, who waited until the last minute to enter the race, has not reported raising any money to date and intends to run with public financing, meaning he is likely to lag behind Ducey in fundraising.

Bennett's situation has not been helped by the fact that he's developed a reputation as a perennial candidate for office, albeit an unsuccessful one. The notion first emerged after Bennett came in "well behind" Ducey, garnering the fourth spot in a six-person field, for the Republican nomination for governor in 2014. The stereotype was only reinforced in 2016 when Bennett made a run for the U.S. House of Representatives from Arizona's First Congressional District. Although he led the race in endorsements, Bennett failed to make inroads with voters and floundered to rise above fourth place in the Republican primary.

Facing an uphill battle against the incumbent, Bennett has sought to reinvent himself from someone with a "reputation for working well" with those across the political aisle to a conservative outsider. In order to bolster this new image, Bennett has staked out positions to Ducey's right on government spending and school safety.

Bennett has also courted controversy for preemptively refusing to appoint Cindy McCain to the U.S. Senate seat held by her husband, Republican senator John McCain, should it become vacant. The remarks, which were made as Sen. McCain is struggling with brain cancer, sparked rebuke from across the political spectrum.[color:#FF0000][/color]

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
https://apnews.com/220f28c7b74046b6bbb0825c473132d5

FOUNTAIN HILLS, Ariz. (AP) — It was five days before ballots will be counted in his bid for the Republican nomination for U.S. Senate, and former Arizona lawman Joe Arpaio had no idea what he was doing.

The final days of a campaign are usually frantic, with candidates’ every moment scheduled to ensure they meet as many voters as possible. But Arpaio had nothing planned Thursday until a 4:30 p.m. meeting.

“I ought to go to a Mexican restaurant and see how they treat me,” Arpaio, 86, said as he sat in his strip mall office. So he and his aides piled into the newly-rented campaign bus in the latest stage of what is likely to be the controversial lawman’s long goodbye.

Arpaio served six terms as sheriff of Maricopa County, which includes Phoenix. He won national acclaim and condemnation for his hardline policies. He jailed inmates in tents in the desert heat. He directed deputies to hunt people in the country illegally, a practice a court found to be racial profiling. He lost his 2016 re-election bid after being convicted of contempt of court for continuing that profiling. He was pardoned by President Trump last year.

Now he’s disappointed some supporters with his erratic GOP Senate primary bid in which he lags badly in polls behind U.S. Rep. Martha McSally and former state Sen. Kelli Ward. Arpaio’s legacy, they fear, will be splitting the conservative vote Tuesday, letting McSally, the favorite of establishment Republicans with whom Arpaio has long feuded, win the nomination.

“It is a kamikaze mission,” said Constantine Querard, a political strategist and former Arpaio supporter who supports Ward. “The only question is, is it malpractice, or is the candidate in on it?”

The Republican nominee will most likely face Democratic U.S. Rep. Kyrsten Synema, a formidable opponent whose party hopes can flip the seat from the GOP. Arpaio, analysts say, has become a mere sideshow.

“No one really understands why he’s in the race,” said Stan Barnes, a Republican lobbyist. “The whisper around Arizona political circles is this is the kind of thing that an 86-year-old egomaniac would do because no one can control him.”

As he climbed onto the bus emblazoned with his face and a classic Arizona desert landscape, Arpaio dismissed the criticism. He fumed that McSally, an Air Force Colonel, the country’s first female combat pilot and a onetime Trump critic turned supporter, has gotten all the money and attention.

“They’re going for her rather than me - the loyalty I showed these people, endorsing them, getting them jobs,” Arpaio said in his gravelly monotone. “Anybody in their right mind, if they were hiring, somebody would hire me, not these two novices,” he added of McSally and Ward.

The bus was largely empty. The driver was the campaign manager, Chris Hegstrom, Arpaio’s former spokesman at the sheriff’s department. In the back were a handful of volunteers, including a former Republican candidate for Missouri’s U.S. Senate who finished eighth in that primary race and brought his pistol along during the ride.

Hegstrom angled the bus into a nearby Costco parking lot. He needed to pick up hot dogs for a campaign barbecue, and the former sheriff wanted to look for votes.

Arpaio climbed down, removed his snap-on tie and immediately caused a traffic jam.

Victor Antablian, 77, stopped his black Mercedes and climbed out to shake Arpaio’s hand.

“What a guy!” he cried. He coaxed his wife Jan out -- she discovered Arpaio had grown up in a western Massachusetts town near her own. Both pledged to vote for the former sheriff.

As Arpaio’s aides snapped pictures other cars slowed down. Arpaio waved at the gawkers.

“Don’t wave to me, I don’t wave to felons,” shouted a man in another Mercedes before driving past. (Arpaio’s conviction of contempt of court was a misdemeanor.)

Most onlookers were thrilled to see Arpaio. One took a sheet of campaign stickers to give to her extended family. Another said his parents owned a horse ranch near Arpaio’s house. Leonardo Venegas, 38, gave Arpaio a straw hat to sign, saying it was in the style of his hometown of Puebla, Mexico.

Delighted, Arpaio told Venegas in broken Spanish that he lived in Mexico for four years while working for the Drug Enforcement Administration.

Venegas, an immigrant in the country legally, dismissed complaints that Arpaio has been racist to Latinos. “We have to recognize that a country or state without laws becomes like Mexico,′ Venegas said in Spanish.

John Dach had just moved to Arizona from California, drawn by the state’s reputation. “When I think of Arizona and the politicians and the voters, Joe Arpaio is one of the local celebrities you think of,” he said.

Dach, 34, was surprised that the former sheriff was an underdog now. “He might be more popular outside the state than inside,” Dach said.

As sheriff, Arpaio became an icon for hardline immigration supporters and raised millions of dollars nationwide. He traveled to Iowa and flirted with a presidential run. But his margins of victory back home shrunk as his legal troubles grew.

Maricopa County paid tens of millions of dollars in settlements against Arpaio’s agency, which piled up unsolved sex crime cases as it focused on enforcement against people in the country illegally. Arpaio arrested one Republican county supervisor who criticized him (ultimately, no charges were filed). Much of the county’s growing Latino population and others mobilized against him. Arpaio lost his re-election bid in 2016 by 12 percentage points even as Trump won Arizona.

“The longer he stayed, the more people grew tired of his antics,” Barnes said.

Republican voters now wonder whether the former sheriff is too old -- he’d be the oldest person ever elected to a first term in the U.S. Senate and would be 92 when his term would end.

Scott Reed, 57, a contractor, shook Arpaio’s hand and said: “You should be on a beach somewhere taking it easy.”

“I’ll race you around the block,” Arpaio countered.

Reed revealed he was a Democrat. “I’ll get your vote in November,” Arpaio said.

Reed looked at the sheriff sympathetically. “Good luck to you, Joe,” he said.

Energized by the largely supportive crowd, Arpaio climbed back on the bus. It headed for the Mexican restaurant.

The bus arrived too late for a big reaction - the lunch rush had ended. The owner greeted the sheriff warmly and asked what he wanted.

“Spaghetti and meatballs,” Arpaio quipped. He got a bean and cheese tostada.

The scene inside was muted, a far cry from the Costco frenzy. A few people stopped to thank the former sheriff and snap pictures. Others averted their eyes.

After eating, Arpaio and his entourage piled back into the bus. Time to head back for that scheduled meeting.

“I don’t feel like I’m in my 80s,” a contemplative Arpaio said as the bus cut through the afternoon heat and haze. “I work continuously. I don’t have any hobbies.”

“I’ve got one more shot.”

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

624 members (160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1234, 16penny, 10Glocks, 68 invisible), 2,050 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,269
Posts18,448,326
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.