W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by WhelenAway
Thanks RH.

I plan to use a 1" tube 40mm objective scope on this rifle.

Here's some 1" lows with a Swaro 3-10x42. Part number S1701900.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Looks great Skeen! That will work out fine. That's the way I will go.

Looks like a 44mm scope would work good too.

Thanks for the info Skeen, Axtell, and others.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Thanks RH.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I agree to go Optilock ringmounts over Leupold Ringmounts. look at that last picture Skeen posted . The front Optilock is positioned right at the edge of the ejection port. With a Leupold Ringmount,that mount would have to be over half way down that front rail toward the barrel,just to clamp. It really limits your mounting options to longer tubed scopes.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Optilock Ring Mounts while slik may propose a problem with some short scopes.The front ring placement affects windage.It should be at the halfway point for zero windage.If you need to place them back you will need to adjust your windage.
FWIW I found the Conetrols are the most sleek,PIA to mount but worth it.

Sorry,I drank the Sako-Aid.My opinion may be biased.
bh444
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Thanks RH.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I agree to go Optilock ringmounts over Leupold Ringmounts. look at that last picture Skeen posted . The front Optilock is positioned right at the edge of the ejection port. With a Leupold Ringmount,that mount would have to be over half way down that front rail toward the barrel,just to clamp. It really limits your mounting options to longer tubed scopes.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z

Never had a Leupold ringmount not tighten properly but I mount them near the center or a little rearwards of center. I would've thought Skeen's Optilock ringmount is way too far back for ideal scope centering of the reticle.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal
IC B2

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by zeissman
I always use Leupold Sako ringmounts in low. Never had any mark the checkering as it doesn't touch it. Nor have I had any move. I just removed some Sako Optilock ringmounts on a Sako 85 I bought and installed the Leupold ringmounts. Why? Because the Leupold's are lighter and lower. I always lap the Leupold ringmounts which is one thing you don't have to do with the Optilocks.

I bought the 75 used, it had the rings attached, when they were removed the checkering was dinged. So either the previous owner did not attach them correctly which I doubt or they do somehow touch.

[Linked Image]

Strange little mark. Could possibly of been done by something else prior to mounting the rings.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
I always use Leupold Sako ringmounts in low. Never had any mark the checkering as it doesn't touch it. Nor have I had any move. I just removed some Sako Optilock ringmounts on a Sako 85 I bought and installed the Leupold ringmounts. Why? Because the Leupold's are lighter and lower. I always lap the Leupold ringmounts which is one thing you don't have to do with the Optilocks.

I bought the 75 used, it had the rings attached, when they were removed the checkering was dinged. So either the previous owner did not attach them correctly which I doubt or they do somehow touch.

[Linked Image]

Strange little mark. Could possibly of been done by something else prior to mounting the rings.

The mark was covered by the scope ring, how coincidental. The picture does not do it justice.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Never had a Leupold ringmount not tighten properly but I mount them near the center or a little rearwards of center. I would've thought Skeen's Optilock ringmount is way too far back for ideal scope centering of the reticle.

I've never had an issue with centering. If the reticle wasn't centered ,I didn't know it,but I use these guns with set and forget scopes under 200 yards.

I have had a couple scopes I couldn't mount on my Sako's with Leupolds that seemed to mount and work fine with the Optilocks. I don't hate the Leupolds though. I have a set on an older L579.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 08/27/18.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

276 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 300_savage, 1beaver_shooter, 36 invisible), 2,826 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,625
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.