Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Well, really coming for work but I hope to visit a few places.

The end of September I fly into Adelaide and will be working in Strathalbyn. I have no idea what there will be to do but I am excited.

I am a little disappointed it is your winter. I really wanted to dive but I think the water may be a bit cold.

Any members near where I will be working ? Would be nice to say hello to another.

BP-B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Throttle fixes everything. If it doesn't fix the problem, it’ll end the suspense.
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
I had never heard of the place. What type of work brings you out there?

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The end of September is not winter in Oz. It is mid-spring.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've got Australia penciled in my Calendar from the end of January thru May of 2019.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs
Well, really coming for work but I hope to visit a few places.

The end of September I fly into Adelaide and will be working in Strathalbyn. I have no idea what there will be to do but I am excited.

I am a little disappointed it is your winter. I really wanted to dive but I think the water may be a bit cold.

Any members near where I will be working ? Would be nice to say hello to another.

Will almost be summer, and those waters are Great White waters...stay on sand.

Good news is that there are four pubs in town.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
I had never heard of the place. What type of work brings you out there?

I work for a company that manufactures a machine that takes city pressure and boosts it up to 90000 psi. Couple our machine with a CNC controlled 3-5 axis table and you can cut many substrates. I install the equipment and do training while onsite.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Water jet cutting?

There is a company in Griffith that does that with steel, they advertise on television.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did you ever find your new techs for the Ohio area? If you are headed this way, I'm sure we could find a pool game and some beers.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Water jet cutting?

There is a company in Griffith that does that with steel, they advertise on television.

Yes that is it. We are a supplier/partner to an Australian company. Performance Waterjet.

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by kellory
Did you ever find your new techs for the Ohio area? If you are headed this way, I'm sure we could find a pool game and some beers.

No luck yet. I may have to conjure up a job in Ohio. Are you no, so or central ?

BTW, I suck at pool but beer drinking I can do.

Last edited by WeimsnKs; 09/09/18.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kellory

No luck yet. I may have to conjure up a job in Ohio. Are you no, so or central ?

BTW, I suck at pool but beer drinking I can do.

Central.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
F
Jump on our Aussie forum Australiahuntingnet.com and i am sure people will welcome you and hep you out

Highly recomend the greatvwhite shark dive in Port Lincon

I only work to hunt, I hunt to live, the family fits in and the dog is at my right hand.
I was a proud Dad the day my Son nailed a Buffalo with his first shot out of my 06 at 11yrs old.
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Fluff
Jump on our Aussie forum Australiahuntingnet.com and i am sure people will welcome you and hep you out

Highly recomend the greatvwhite shark dive in Port Lincon

Thanks for the lead

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Well, I made it after weather issues in DFW caused outright cancellations Saturday.
Got in Sydney at 6am this morning ( along with numerous other flights). Flooded the customs area , then they lost my toolbox and they redflagged me for my golf shoes that had grass and dirt on them. All This caused me to miss my flight to Adelaide so here I sit.

The A380 -800 is a big a$$ airplane. It was a nice smooth flight of 16 hrs. The premium economy is pretty nice. I was I. The upper deck right behind Business class. My ticket was $4200, business was almost twice that and first was 12-14k I think.

I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
Monarto is not far from Strathalbyn and there is a range complex there with several different clubs shooting a variety of types of competition - rifle, pistol and shotgun. This weekend (practice starts Thursday, events run Fri-Tues) the SSAA Rifle Metallic Silhouette National Championships and BPCR RMS Championship will be hosted by the Monarto Metallic Silhouette Rifle Club. You are welcome to come out and have a look. If you turn up ask for me (Ian) - should be easy to find as I'm one of the main coordinators of the event. More info is available at www.monartomsrc.org.au

Ian

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
It has been a good week. Got a lot of work done. Saw some sights and stayed out of jail. I played golf yesterday in Adelaide, visited the Harley store for some goodies and walked all around downtown Adelaide.

One thing I will miss is the bakery downtown Strathalbyn. Every morning I had a meat pie 🥧 of some sort, chocolate milk and a coke to go for later in the day. I think I could live on meat pies. Lol

It seems so simple but after spending all your life expecting traffic to be a certain way, you really have to be cognizant of the change when you cross a street. A few times I had close calls.

Goodbye Australia, maybe we will meet again.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It has been a good week. Got a lot of work done. Saw some sights and stayed out of jail. I played golf yesterday in Adelaide, visited the Harley store for some goodies and walked all around downtown Adelaide.

One thing I will miss is the bakery downtown Strathalbyn. Every morning I had a meat pie 🥧 of some sort, chocolate milk and a coke to go for later in the day. I think I could live on meat pies. Lol

It seems so simple but after spending all your life expecting traffic to be a certain way, you really have to be cognizant of the change when you cross a street. A few times I had close calls.

Goodbye Australia, maybe we will meet again.

Geez, that visit was short and sweet. By the way, curry meat pies are best.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by DryPowder
I've got Australia penciled in my Calendar from the end of January thru May of 2019.

Where about are you coming in?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why? Everything down there bits, stings, kicks, or sticks you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
88 members (99Ozarks, 10gaugemag, batch, 257robertsimp, 14 invisible), 1,624 guests, and 747 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,758
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.