-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Pat Tillman now there was a NFL player who sacrificed everything for something he believed in.

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Nike just lost $3.75 Billion in market cap after the Colin Kaepernick announcement, according to today's news. The Nike "Chat" link that was posted here failed to provide anyone to talk to. Have they given up trying to justify it?

Pretty clear they're shooting themselves in the foot!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
It takes a village idiot to make business decisions for Nike.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Are the people at Nike that are making these decisions, the same people that were saying Hillary was going to win.

A finger on the pulse of the nation?

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Yep, the Dems are now the party of the super rich billionaires like George Soros, and the low information poor, as well as college professor types. They do not represent the workers or middle class, only the Republican party today does. Most dems grew up undiciplined and were the kids who screamed and kicked in the floor as their parents let them. They are still doing it as adults. A new civil war is coming, and it will be ugly. So far it is bloodless, but it could get worse if the left don't stop what they are doing.

IC B2

P
PSE Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Pretty sure their shareholders will be impressed!!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Just announced by the folks at Nike that colon kaepernick will be the "new face of their ad campaign"!
I wonder if that will work out for Nike?
I know I will never buy another pair of their shoes or anymore of their clothing.
But there are lots of anti-American, anti-establishment types that do buy shoes/clothes.
Personally I don't think it will do much good for their bottom line.
We'll see.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
.....................................Well!......Nike can do whatever it wishes.....AND SO CAN WE!.......Nike will lose a fortune I predict.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
The NFL probably arranged the deal to get him off their a$$es. Nike was dumb enough to bite.

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nike announced today that the supposed NFL boycott amounts to roughly a 4% viewer / purchaser loss. Which translates to: "They don't GAF about you or their 4% potential revenue loss over their chosen political referendum." ...and will be pouring millions into their leftist, anti-Trump agenda.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fugg Nike

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ftbt
In case you want to see ... the new face of Nike:

[Linked Image]

I'll see your Colon Kaepernick ad and raise you a General Pinochet ad:

[Linked Image]

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by ftbt
In case you want to see ... the new face of Nike:

[Linked Image]

This is the guy who wrote "Pig" on his socks and went to practice while playing for the '49ers, before he ever took a knee. The marketing geniuses at Nike should do a friggin google search before they hitch their wagon to that horse. This household, with 2 teenage boys, is done with Nike products. Period.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If anyone still won't believe that we are already in a defacto civil war, consider.

Kapernick has caused this huge flap, costing the NFL huge amounts of money over the last 2 years.
Knowing how controversial the topic is. And seeing how people are willing to take a stand and hold the NFL accountable.

Nike went ahead with the campaign. Willing to take the losses, to make their point.
These are companies that balance everything through PR. Nothing is done until
Public Relations signs off.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
Yep, the Dems are now the party of the super rich billionaires like George Soros, and the low information poor, as well as college professor types. They do not represent the workers or middle class, only the Republican party today does. Most dems grew up undiciplined and were the kids who screamed and kicked in the floor as their parents let them. They are still doing it as adults. A new civil war is coming, and it will be ugly. So far it is bloodless, but it could get worse if the left don't stop what they are doing.
I agree with all of the above. No mistake about it there will be another civil war and what is going on now is just the initial shoving match. This time it won't be about North Vs South. It will be much simpler and easier to see almost like black and white.

living the good life every day
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by DMc
Nike announced today that the supposed NFL boycott amounts to roughly a 4% viewer / purchaser loss. Which translates to: "They don't GAF about you or their 4% potential revenue loss over their chosen political referendum." ...and will be pouring millions into their leftist, anti-Trump agenda.

Whoever gave Nike the "4%" viewer oss number was flat out wrong. The viewer lose the last 2 years is closer to 20%

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have never owned a pair of Nikes, preferring New Balance instead, so Nike will not miss my money because they never got it in the first place. I really can't see as Kaepernick is going to have much of an effect on Nike one way or another. Nike's market isn't aimed at people like us, and the reality is that they don't care about us, or what we think anyway. Nike sells a lot more than just shoes, and it's a worldwide company, so this isn't just about buying their shoes.

If my wishes were to come true, they would go broke over this, but that's not going to happen. It won't happen because people will say they don't like what Nike did, then after a while, they'll go back to watching the NFL, and buying sports related items. and Nike will be getting some of that money. That's how it always works.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
James,

I think you may be wrong. The "young crowd" would buy from Nike no matter what, and still may do that. All the young skulls full of mush care about is who's name is on the shoe. If some low-IQ cretin who can dribble a ball has his name on the shoe, they'll buy it. So I don't think they'll sell any more shoes to that group.

But people like us will STOP buying their shoes. I think they will lose some people but not get any more customers they would not have gotten anyway.

It's a stupid business decision.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by wdvicker
The NFL probably arranged the deal to get him off their a$$es. Nike was dumb enough to bite.

I doubt that. I believe Nike is responsible for all jerseys and sideline apparel for the nfl.

Its coming out that nike kept this a secret from the nfl and other retailers. I'm sure they all appreciate nike not giving them a heads up

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
They should have done an ad with all those Nike child and female worker in 3rd world countries making Nike shoes for 50 cents a day.

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
James,

I think you may be wrong. The "young crowd" would buy from Nike no matter what, and still may do that. All the young skulls full of mush care about is who's name is on the shoe. If some low-IQ cretin who can dribble a ball has his name on the shoe, they'll buy it. So I don't think they'll sell any more shoes to that group.

But people like us will STOP buying their shoes. I think they will lose some people but not get any more customers they would not have gotten anyway.

It's a stupid business decision.

You're right, people like us won't buy much.......BUT, I doubt there are that many like us left anymore.

As far as a stupid decision, of course it was.........from our perspective, but I don't think Nike cares what we think. They do a lot of business overseas, and those people love the Kaepernick types.

Last edited by JamesJr; 09/05/18.
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

153 members (257 roberts, 2UP, 44mc, 35, 10Glocks, 7887mm08, 15 invisible), 1,987 guests, and 828 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,699
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.