Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by Poconojack

Brace is a very respectful kid and the beagle loves him....

Not only that, but the kid is a natural. Dern good shot.

"Its easier to fool people......Than convince them that they have been fooled." Mark Twain
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here is a pic of Brace with Jerry's M-39 with gnoahhh spotting.

Attached Images
Brace Roote, Jay's son aaa.JPG (82.64 KB, 67 downloads)

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Thanks for all the nice comments about my nephew. I will let him know what all of you said. He really is a great kid.

Joe

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Joe:

Easy for a boy his age to get side tracked. Every day role models for boys his age are so important.

I think his dad and his uncle deserve some of the credit for the high praise bestowed him here...

wink

Please send him my best regards.

Randy

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Thanks Randy i will.

Joe

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by KeithNyst
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
Others may not appreciate this, but I think Don might. Joe's BIL sent it home with me. 84CC's of 1980's grunt. Plus, Gary let me put it in his car!

Homelite, Joe?

Yes Keith, 1985 Homelite. I collect big Homelites. This might be my newest one.:)

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Joe, Thats one of the "HOMEHEAVYS" nothing lite about them, i got to check and see if i have that model. Don

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Homelite, Schmomelite. I can hew a tree quicker with my double-bitted axe than I could with a Homelite. A guy who would use a chain saw instead of a two man crosscut is probably the same kind of guy who would put a scope on a 99. whistle grin

(Personally and all kidding aside, I'm glad to have attained enough "senior rank" that I can finally leave the wielding of chain saws to the young bucks. My wood cutting/splitting/burning days are far behind me, thank God!)

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by oldotter
Originally Posted by Poconojack

Brace is a very respectful kid and the beagle loves him....

Not only that, but the kid is a natural. Dern good shot.

I call him "Deadeye". Next year we gotta get him in prone position with a tight sling on a Springfield and start invoking some real rifle marksmanship discipline. God how I wish my twisted old bones would allow me to shoot like that again.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Homelite, Schmomelite. I can hew a tree quicker with my double-bitted axe than I could with a Homelite. A guy who would use a chain saw instead of a two man crosscut is probably the same kind of guy who would put a scope on a 99. whistle grin

(Personally and all kidding aside, I'm glad to have attained enough "senior rank" that I can finally leave the wielding of chain saws to the young bucks. My wood cutting/splitting/burning days are far behind me, thank God!)

I've got a scoped 99 284 against any iron sighted anything you wanna bring that says 600 yards is a dead blacktail! laugh

LOL
IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
We have had bad storms here, since I got home I picked up to loads of wood yesterday, that the County cut, if it quits raining Im going back out and cut up a tree the they just pushed off to the side of the road by my House!! It keeps me Young Gary! grin

Last edited by saddlering; 08/29/18.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KeithNyst
Others may not appreciate this, but I think Don might. Joe's BIL sent it home with me. 84CC's of 1980's grunt. Plus, Gary let me put it in his car!

Homelite, Joe?

Yes Keith, 1985 Homelite. I collect big Homelites. This might be my newest one.:)

Joe, I have an old Super2, not big but still runs great. This afternoon I was using it to cut up some balsam blowdowns along the edge of the yard.
[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Hey Keith, I just bought my first Super 2 a couple months ago. Came with the original case. Someone stripped the stud that tightens the bar, so they just added a stack of washers to get out to good threads. Looks like you have the nice magnesium duel trigger model. Mine is plastic with single trigger. Dad used Homelites back in the day, that's why I like them. He retired in 86 and passed away in 04. When he passed my mom sold all of his saws and equipment he still had. I threw a temper tantrum because she just had to sell every thing on short notice and I couldn't get to the sale so I told her to just sell everything. I managed to save his two big 100CC Super 1050's. Now I have at least 25-30 Homelites.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
This is the 38-55 of Homelites.
[Linked Image]

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
644 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 1lessdog, 68 invisible), 2,801 guests, and 1,384 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,655
Posts18,399,237
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.