Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
The old Blue/silver streaks were top shelf when I was a kid.

I use a little Stevens Favorite shooting CB Shorts. About like a pellet rifle. Maybe a bit more than most, but quite and accurate.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
DMc Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner

I use a little Stevens Favorite shooting CB Shorts. About like a pellet rifle. Maybe a bit more than most, but quite and accurate.

That's a great alternative! Thx. I'd forgotten about CB Caps too. Chit I'm getting old!

Some capitalist ought to consider coming out with a .17 cal CB Cap!! Create a whole new firearm market!!!

Last edited by DMc; 09/09/18.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by DMc
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Just an FYI. I have a Benjamin 392 and have had a couple Sheridans. All were alot louder than my Daisy 881 and NONE are/were as accurate. I also have a BSA Meteor, which is only a low-mid power gun for a springer and it too is alot louder than the 881 and no more accurate. I don't know if the new plastic receivered, Chinese made 880's are as good as the old metal receiver USA made guns but I have my doubts. There are good used old school metal receiver 880's on gunbroker all the time for under 75.00 from Dennis Baker that have been newly resealed and that's what I'd get if going that route.

What a great lead! Dennis Baker looks like a "One stop shop!!! I'm liking the crap out of this one:

[Linked Image]
I have one of those too. Excellent gun and very accurate. Plenty for backyard squirrels although again, quite a bit louder than the 881 if that's of much concern.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DMc
Originally Posted by MadMooner

That's a great alternative! Thx. I'd forgotten about CB Caps too. Chit I'm getting old!

Some capitalist ought to consider coming out with a .17 cal CB Cap!! Create a whole new firearm market!!!

The box lists them as 29 grain and 710fps. Have checked them across the chronograph, but they pack plenty of wallop for tree rats. They’ll penetrate a 2x4 at close range.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Last edited by Whiptail; 09/09/18.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
DMc Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shoot4fun

Hilarious!!! And the sound effects are spot on!

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
DMc Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Whiptail

Had a service issue with my Airforce airgun. They're made right here in Fort Worth. Those ppl are azzholes and completely swore them off. Re-filling those bottles is a PIA.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
35 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Go big or stay on the porch.:)
Gun Digest just had an article about these.
The Author took one bear hunting.

https://www.umarexusa.com/blogs/airgun-news/the-new-50-caliber-umarex-hammer-is-an-air-rifle

Last edited by 35; 09/09/18.
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I've never been much into fhuqking around,so simply do not. Easily one of THE most FUN rifles ever fhuqking built,is a Feinwerkbau 300S side cocking Springer. 'Twas a time,they were THE Holy Fhuqking Grail of Accuracy and still to this very day,they remain a marvel. The ergo's are fantastic,the trigger is beyond superb and while their Iron Sights are rather good...they are easily scoped to boot. Furthermore,one can easily extrapolate Velocity/BC and flight characteristics,to more mainstay centerfire offerings and cross reference those findings,while really stretching the platform out.

Peter Hathaway Capstick coined it "Mini Sniping",which is a fair label IMHO. An article of that billing,was in G&A on October of '84.

Mini Sniping RINK

Anywhoo...once such excellence is experienced,everything else wanes miserably in comparison. I'll take mine with an RWS 27MOA integral ring mount and a 10x Fixed Fhuqker,fed with JSB Exacts. Hint.

[Linked Image]

It prolly don't suck,that they share some High Zoot Annie 54 Virtue(s). Hint.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Capstick never really did get much right,but at 30yds in the backyard in nice conditions,a FWB 300S will certainly connect fhuqking dots.

[Linked Image]

HW 97's in .22 are fun too,but fhuqking lightyears wayyyyyyyyyy shy of a 300's Splendor.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

You've been led to water.

Thank me later.

Hint.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 35
Go big or stay on the porch.:)
Gun Digest just had an article about these.
The Author took one bear hunting.

https://www.umarexusa.com/blogs/airgun-news/the-new-50-caliber-umarex-hammer-is-an-air-rifle

That oughta work well on squirrels in city limits... wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
This pretty much meets what you describe.

Last you a long time, too.

https://www.crosman.com/airguns/air-rifles/benjamin-392

That is probably the modern equivalent of the Benjamin 312's my brother and I got about 50 years ago. They are both still working and knocking tree rats off the feeder. Nailed one this morning. I did have to put a new seal in the pump on one about ten years ago. Five pumps for full power. They make kind of a loud snap when you shoot, but if you keep the barrel inside the door, even the next door neighbor won't hear it.

Jerry

Minnesota; Land of 10,000 Taxes
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DMc
Originally Posted by shoot4fun

Hilarious!!! And the sound effects are spot on!

This is a good design because it will still allow a small amount of seed to fall to the ground for the doves and squirrels.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Yep at less than 20yds. Squirrels here typically run up the big crepe myrtles. Easy pickings.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Boxer, what does one of those cost?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
DMc Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Boxer, what does one of those cost?

+2 ?

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"What pellet rifle do you recommend? I don’t think I want a 1000fps pellet rifle because of the potential for ricochets."

I don't know much about pellet guns but I've had a cheap BEEMAN .17 caliber for a long time that is very accurate and shoots a little less than 1000fps. So far I had any ricochets because I haven't missed with it. I sighted it in at 30 ft. with a bunch of different pellets and the GAMO Hunter 8.4 gr. all lead pellets were by far the most accurate. I did have to replace the original scope because it wouldn't hold zero. I gave my Son a Crossman .22 caliber for his eighth birthday years ago and he was a deadly shot with open sights, he's still got it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
DMc Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Yikes! "Contaminated water Boxer"

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
757 members (10ring1, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 77 invisible), 2,950 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,716
Posts18,400,413
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.