Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I've got a NIB Beeman Silver Kodiack X-2 I'll let go for $75......grin

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I shoot a Beeman R9 and R7 with Hawke scopes. These are break action spring guns made by Weirauch and they have nice triggers. Plenty accurate and the R9 has enough power for squirrels. I use a .177 for target shooting but for hunting squirrels a .22 would be better. Spend a few more bucks and get a quality air rifle. They're great for indoor practice when you can't get to the range.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by 35
Go big or stay on the porch.:)
Gun Digest just had an article about these.
The Author took one bear hunting.

https://www.umarexusa.com/blogs/airgun-news/the-new-50-caliber-umarex-hammer-is-an-air-rifle

That oughta work well on squirrels in city limits... wink

Nope. I spent time in the back of a cruiser thinking the same thing. They are considered a "firearm" and I nearly lost mine, along with a fine. After 2 hours and being able to make the officers laugh, I was cut loose with a warning.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’ve killed thousands upon thousands of birds, squirrels and small game with my old 760 or 880. Today there are some crazy good options in very accurate break barrel pellet guns. The Gamo Whisper is a great option. My son had a Ruger 1000fps pellet gun and with the scope he was knocking down starlings at 100yards plus with regularity. We’re not urban so he always had the option of using the .22 or shotgun but he loved his pellet guns. For less than $200 you will be setup ready to kill squirrels.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by 35

https://www.umarexusa.com/blogs/airgun-news/the-new-50-caliber-umarex-hammer-is-an-air-rifle

Nope. I spent time in the back of a cruiser thinking the same thing. They are considered a "firearm" and I nearly lost mine, along with a fine. After 2 hours and being able to make the officers laugh, I was cut loose with a warning.
WTF, was your sligshot broke down ? Out of hex nuts at the hardware store ?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DMc
Originally Posted by MadMooner
The old Blue/silver streaks were top shelf when I was a kid.

I use a little Stevens Favorite shooting CB Shorts. About like a pellet rifle. Maybe a bit more than most, but quite and accurate.

That's a great alternative! Thx. I'd forgotten about CB Caps too. Chit I'm getting old!

Some capitalist ought to consider coming out with a .17 cal CB Cap!! Create a whole new firearm market!!!

News flash! The .17 BB cap was invented many years back and they are available here in the US. INTERNATIONAL SHOOING SPORTS has them. I have a couple thou, they whack squill just dandy. I also have a mould for a conical bullet.

.22 BB caps work as well. Fair warning, they foul the bore a bit. DON'T put off cleaning the barrel.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wore out a Gamo .177 that was supposed to shoot 1000 fps , maybe it did for a couple of years . Then moved to a Benjamin Trail nitro piston .22 . Im very happy with the Benjamin with scope for less than $200 on sale from Pyramyd air . Added a scope that suited me a little better than the original .

I would take reasonable caution regarding ricochets but to me the difference in .177 and .22 is that the .22 pellets carry energy much farther .

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by 35

WTF, was your sligshot broke down ? Out of hex nuts at the hardware store ?

Nope. But that is why I use the slingshot In city now. (It is under the FPS limit).
For mother's day, it is traditional for us to give my wife two rose bushes she doesn't already have. This time it was Princess diana Rose's, which smell like licorice. They weren't planted even an hour when a squirrel tried to dig it up. I shot it with the crossman 760.
Half an hour later I had Columbus police at my front door, claiming I had discharged a firearm in city limits. I told them I had done no such thing, it was just a bb gun. They said it was the same thing, and I said bullshit! It ain't even close to the same thing. They said they had an ordinance that said it was, and there was a large fine. I said prove it, I don't think this rule even exists. They could not find the ordinance #, and I refused the ticket. They called the dispatch, who said sure it's a rule, but they couldn't find it either. I demanded a supervisor and this went on for about 2 hours. All the while in the back of the cruiser, lights going.
I asked if they would be giving me any grief about the weapon choice if it were a home invasion? They said no. Of course not, as long as it was an appropriate type of weapon, legal to use. And the creative juices started to flow.....
"Officers, are you aware that it was the fleas carried by rats and squirrels that carried the the plague that wiped out a third of Europe? I had the bb gun with me as a form of persuasion to get the squirrel to leave peacefully, but the little bastard charged me! And besides the claws and teeth, there is always those damn fleas to consider. Well, I used the minimum force required to stop the attack, and it just happened to be fatal. It was just the one shot, but it was a heart shot, and did the job. Due to the fleas. I was in mortal fear for my life, and if you know anything about history, you know I was right."
Officer, you write it up, and I'll sign it, if you really want to waste all of our time."
When they both stopped laughing, they gave me back my air rifle. And told me to have a nice day, and not to do it again.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
CCI, CB's from a longer rtifle barrel ( say a older 24" remington) are quiter than a pellet gun.
Don't buy Remington CB if very quiet is wanted,

Can anyone tell us the difference in a longer barrel CB sound level, and the newer pellet rifles made to be quiet such as the Gamo Whisper?

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Well that was a darn good story kellory. Now I can understand why you use a slingshot. I'd get the hell out of that city though. Can't imagine living someplace where I couldn't even shoot a BB gun without trouble.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well that was a darn good story kellory. Now I can understand why you use a slingshot. I'd get the hell out of that city though. Can't imagine living someplace where I couldn't even shoot a BB gun without trouble.

That's part of why I use it, but not all. I happen to like quite a few more primitive skills. It makes sense when doing a deer drive, to tag small game kicked up quietly, instead of shooting it, because that would screw the drive for the other hunters as well. Many times, I have kicked up rabbits, squirrels or even turkeys while getting into shooter position for a deer drive. As long as it is in season, why give it a free pass? Kill it, and collect it on the way out. I started with a slingshot as a child shooting at targets. But never realized it's effectiveness until I tried to feed myself with one, as a test of primitive type weapons.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As for getting out of the city, it sounds good. But the fact is, my wife needs fast medical attention when she needs it. She has 2 life threatening conditions. Minutes matter. I'll stay where I'm at for now.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

That's part of why I use it, but not all. I happen to like quite a few more primitive skills. It makes sense when doing a deer drive, to tag small game kicked up quietly, instead of shooting it, because that would screw the drive for the other hunters as well. Many times, I have kicked up rabbits, squirrels or even turkeys while getting into shooter position for a deer drive. As long as it is in season, why give it a free pass? Kill it, and collect it on the way out. I started with a slingshot as a child shooting at targets. But never realized it's effectiveness until I tried to feed myself with one, as a test of primitive type weapons.
Yeah I killed small game and birds with a slighshot when I was a kid but don't have any desire to use one anymore. I've got lots of rifles, shotguns and pellet guns for that now. I don't shoot small game while deer hunting either. I have plenty of time for that before and after deer season.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
As for getting out of the city, it sounds good. But the fact is, my wife needs fast medical attention when she needs it. She has 2 life threatening conditions. Minutes matter. I'll stay where I'm at for now.
Sorry to hear that. I can certainly understand. You'd never make it to the hospital in time here.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
One of the best deals going right now is a Diana model 52, side lever 22 for $300, you'll need a scope too. Lifetime warranty.

Link here for Airguns of Arizona.

You may want to post in the Airgun page, further down ,as well, Good hunting!

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

DMc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Whiptail

[Linked Image]

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
DMc,

I have a new found love for certain air rifles since moving to South America.

However I HIGHLY recommend you do an online search for Aguila Colibri's before committing to air driven. They make zero noise and if you pair them up with a Savage Rascal (or similar) you will be mightily impressed.

Also, my brother lives in a non-suppressor friendly state so I told him to go with the bolt action, tube fed Marlin's and CCI Quiets. He could not be happier.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

What do you think will happen if you convince everyone to move out of the city?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
DMc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks Trav

Lot's of options out there. The Fire is an amazing place.

[Linked Image]

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
DMc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm really liking the rat shot idea and am going to give it a pop.

No way I'm sending a 50 cal projectile off into the wild blue yonder in a suburban neighborhood. Phugh that.

But I'm definitely going to get a pellet rifle to have here for my Grandson.. I'm preparing my "Put your eye out" speech as of this writing...

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 55 invisible), 2,310 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,093
Posts18,464,084
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.