Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
k20350 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Currently bidding on Ebay for one of my favorite toys as a child. Sold my battle armor He-Man with the castles and a bunch of figures when I was 16 for gas money in a yard sale. What were your favorite toys as a kid. How much would they be worth to you today. I'm not even gonna lie having that plastic He-man on my desk would make me smile for the rest of my days. Grandfather was a house builder. He would cut up scraps so i had all the blocks in the world. Used to make fortresses for my he-men out of them and would always drive a remote control semi my other Grandpa bought me through the walls for my GI Joes to get through and make a fight out of it. HAHA

Last edited by k20350; 09/10/18. Reason: Punctuation
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tonka Trucks but that was before plastic figures or remote controlled anything.

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Violence toys...
Cork popgun
Plastic Swords
Sticks
Robin Hood staff
Army soldiers
Tonka Trucks
Football
Baseball
Volleyball
Putter & later golf clubs
Bow & Arrows
Snorkel
8mm film camera..
Etc.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DMc
Violence toys...
Cork popgun
Plastic Swords
Sticks
Robin Hood staff
Army soldiers
Tonka Trucks
Football
Baseball
Volleyball
Bow & Arrows
Snorkel
8mm film camera..
Etc.

The little plastic army soldiers came out when I was older.....maybe seven or eight..grin
I would stage battles between the Germans and Americans in the grass and then run the push/reel mower through it and see who survived. To this day my sister reminds me that she thought that was disturbing behavior.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by k20350
Currently bidding on Ebay for one of my favorite toys as a child. Sold my battle armor He-Man with the castles and a bunch of figures when I was 16 for gas money in a yard sale. What were your favorite toys as a kid. How much would they be worth to you today. I'm not even gonna lie having that plastic He-man on my desk would make me smile for the rest of my days. Grandfather was a house builder. He would cut up scraps so i had all the blocks in the world. Used to make fortresses for my he-men out of them and would always drive a remote control semi my other Grandpa bought me through the walls for my GI Joes to get through and make a fight out of it. HAHA

To be honest the main memories I have playing as a child was using sheep vertebra as space ships in the sixties, those and the occasional matchbox car I could get my grubby little fingers on.
I had real toys but those are what I spent most of my time playing with.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

k20350 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

Stopped at a yard sale a few years ago. Sign said metal trucks. Went into garage no metal trucks. I asked the guy where they were and he told me he decided not to sell them. I told him damn I wanted to buy some for my son. He asks"Your going to let your son play with them?" I of course said yes they will be played with. He opened an entire huge cabinet full of metal Tonka stuff. i bought a bunch of it at very reasonable prices with the caveat that it was played with and not sold. My son had a ball with them in the sand box and now my young nephew is enjoying them in his sandbox.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Stopped at a yard sale a few years ago. Sign said metal trucks. Went into garage no metal trucks. I asked the guy where they were and he told me he decided not to sell them. I told him damn I wanted to buy some for my son. He asks"Your going to let your son play with them?" I of course said yes they will be played with. He opened an entire huge cabinet full of metal Tonka stuff. i bought a bunch of it at very reasonable prices with the caveat that it was played with and not sold. My son had a ball with them in the sand box and now my young nephew is enjoying them in his sandbox.

That was money well spent.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
k20350 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DMc
Violence toys...
Cork popgun
Plastic Swords
Sticks
Robin Hood staff
Army soldiers
Tonka Trucks
Football
Baseball
Volleyball
Bow & Arrows
Snorkel
8mm film camera..
Etc.

The little plastic army soldiers came out when I was older.....maybe seven or eight..grin
I would stage battles between the Germans and Americans in the grass and then run the push/reel mower through it and see who survived. To this day my sister reminds me that she thought that was disturbing behavior.

My One grandpa had the plastic army soldiers AND a cannon that shot big plastic shells. Be demonized today haha. Used to set the germans up and let fly with the polymer artillery. Was completely not safe and I'm sure more than one kid is blind in one eye because of those cannons but ai had a hell of a time with it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART

That was money well spent.

Indeed......believe it or not I actually played with mine in the sandbox too.....loose sand is easier to load... smile

k20350 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DMc
Violence toys...
Cork popgun
Plastic Swords
Sticks
Robin Hood staff
Army soldiers
Tonka Trucks
Football
Baseball
Volleyball
Bow & Arrows
Snorkel
8mm film camera..
Etc.

I lived next to the railroad tracks. The neighborhood boys and myself one time bought some golf clubs at a neighborhood garage sale. We smacked railroad rocks with those clubs for years. Also F'd up traffic down the way jumping the tracks with some old wire we found ad setting off the flashers and arms. u can be more than a bvlock away and set off those railroad signals just sayin haha

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DMc
Violence toys...
Cork popgun
Plastic Swords
Sticks
Robin Hood staff
Army soldiers
Tonka Trucks
Football
Baseball
Volleyball
Bow & Arrows
Snorkel
8mm film camera..
Etc.

My One grandpa had the plastic army soldiers AND a cannon that shot big plastic shells. Be demonized today haha. Used to set the germans up and let fly with the polymer artillery. Was completely not safe and I'm sure more than one kid is blind in one eye because of those cannons but ai had a hell of a time with it.

I had forgotten all about the cannons.....can't remember any that actually worked though.....hence the lawn mower.
It's a good thing that they seldom worked though or I'd surely be that one eyed kid you speak of.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I put together ww-2 model ships from age 6 to12.
At about 13 I assembled the fleet of about 12 ships in battle formation against each other.

I had a box of matches and thumped the matchesat them alternating from each side.

When a lit match landed on one it would eventually catch fire and burn with thick black smoke.
A great sea battle that day.
Only a couple survived but met their demise later.

Wouldn’t want them back though.

I liked board games and still have most.
And the outdoors and still have that.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
No toys at our house, we had work to do.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I would stage battles between the Germans and Americans in the grass and then run the push/reel mower through it and see who survived.

It's all starting to make sense now.......... grin

I would build tanks and walls for the "Guys" with my erector set.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
still got my marbles somewhere.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I

I had a few army soldiers. I really wish though that i had kept my Uncle Ben lunch box. I remember kicking it home once. I am sure it's worth $100 now. I think I had a Lassie lunch box too. I had home made bows and arrows and a BB gun and that kept me busy.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Savage_Hunter
I put together ww-2 model ships from age 6 to12.
At about 13 I assembled the fleet of about 12 ships in battle formation against each other.

I had a box of matches and thumped the matchesat them alternating from each side.

When a lit match landed on one it would eventually catch fire and burn with thick black smoke.
A great sea battle that day.
Only a couple survived but met their demise later.

Wouldn’t want them back though.

I liked board games and still have most.
And the outdoors and still have that.

When we would build the ships, we'd put fire crackers in the hull. Then we'd light them on fire and float them out into the creek and watch them burn until they blew up. Good times.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I still recall that I had one of the original Erector Sets.. Man, the things one could put together with that item was nearly limitless...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't remember having any special toys as a kid. Growing up as a Twin meant that we had to split ownership of most stuff, so we never really owned anything of our own. The only thing that comes to mind is an Erector Set that didn't come with enough parts to make anything when there is 2 kids trying to use it.

I had one Grandmother that always gave my brother and I individual stuff though. From the time we were about 6 she was big into giving us BB guns. In the middle to late 50's they made some good ones. The best one was a Crossman pump barrel. That thing was accurate and powerful. I don't think the BB guns made today can even come close to that Crossman. It was rusty and worn out when it got trashed and would not be worth anything now, but I'd love to have that Crossman BB gun.

Harry
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

It was great growing up in the 50’s....

- Lionel trains at Christmas
- boxes of baseball cards (had two Mickey Mantle’s)
- model gas planes (still have a Fox 35 somewhere)
- Zebco pole and reel
- Daisy BB gun
- Revell plastic plane models
- AMC plastic car models
- Plastic soldiers
- Hula hoops
- bolo bats
- yo-yos
- plastic cowboys and Indians
- a few lead soldiers and Indians
- Slinky
- Etch a Sketch
- fort with drawbridge, made in Germany. Still have it in a box in attic and it’s in great condition.
- balls, gloves and bats (hardball and whiffleball)
- not a toy, but I really enjoyed listening to my transistor radio

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (12344mag, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 56 invisible), 2,033 guests, and 1,107 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,728
Posts18,457,378
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.