Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S

Anyone using one? The 3-9 Mil Square looks pretty interesting and has a street price of $550. Seems to check a lot of boxes for a hunting scope. I never see any mention of them on the forums,

Scott
BP-B2

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I bought a 1-4 with the segmented circle and BDC out to 800 yards for an AR that I shoot 55 gr bullets in mostly. It has held zero, moves as the dial says and has very clear glass. The reticle is etched and the segmented circle is bold enough that I can see it in the dark, lit or not.

The downside is it is not aimpoint bright but I can tell if it's on or not and it's like every other good scope out there, it weighs more than I'd like but at 17 oz. I can live with it.

I liked it well enough that I bought a second one for another gun.

I see no reason no to try the 3-9 if you like the reticle. Alex at Eurooptic had the best prices I could find.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Good luck finding one. After a lot of research I finally decided on the 4-16 model with the green BAC triangle reticle. It is ouf of stock at swfa, theopticzone, and eurooptic. I don't believe cameraland carries the brand, so I don't know where to look next.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by BlackBranchFarm
Good luck finding one. After a lot of research I finally decided on the 4-16 model with the green BAC triangle reticle. It is ouf of stock at swfa, theopticzone, and eurooptic. I don't believe cameraland carries the brand, so I don't know where to look next.

I think you are confusing the Accupower with the Accupoint. The Accupower is pretty easy to find. EuroOptic has them on sale for $462.

Scott
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I have an Accupower 4-16 with the green cross hairs. I like it and would buy another. I know 4 others that have the same scope and all are very happy with it.
I don't think you'll ever be dissatisfied with it.

Don't pick the fruit until it's ripe "Primal Dreams"
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I looked extensively into these as well. I actually contacted trijicon to get their statement on the difference of the 2. Only difference was the illumination. Glass, tube and everything was exactly the same, according the them. I was looking at the 2.5-10x56 for low light situations, but ended up buying a S&B Klassik 2.5-10x56. They are cheaper than the accupoint and I have seen them brand new on ebay for cheaper than any online store. Just have to be patient and when it shows up, pull the trigger.

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I have that scope on an AR

I like it - but the mil-sq is fine lined and the illumination isn't day-time bright.
The reticle is useable un-lit but as I said earlier maybe a little fine for a hunting scope.
When lit the reticle is sharp and usable in dim light, but in sunlight it washes out some and gives a blurry sight picture. (good to go un-lit )

Good glass, nice clicks,

The scope body is short and it is best mounted on a short action or an AR..

Never tell your problems to anyone. 20% don't care and 80% are glad you have em.
W
wwy Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Scott,
I have that exact scope on a T3. I really like it. Very adjustable illumination and the reticle is the perfect weight to me. I have done some dialing test. Return to zero and tracking were accurate although these were not extensive torture type tests. It's banged around in my truck, snow machine, and in a saddle scabbard a good bit and held zero fine. I wasn't looking for illumination as a benefit during bright sun broad daylight, more dawn and dusk and in the dark timber. I find it work great for that. I've taken black wolves in dark timber in very very dark conditions with ease.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by wwy
Scott,
I have that exact scope on a T3. I really like it. Very adjustable illumination and the reticle is the perfect weight to me. I have done some dialing test. Return to zero and tracking were accurate although these were not extensive torture type tests. It's banged around in my truck, snow machine, and in a saddle scabbard a good bit and held zero fine. I wasn't looking for illumination as a benefit during bright sun broad daylight, more dawn and dusk and in the dark timber. I find it work great for that. I've taken black wolves in dark timber in very very dark conditions with ease.

I appreciate the feedback. This is good. I've evolved a little over time to where I think the best hunting scope for me is a 2nd focal plane mil based system for hold overs with capped turrets and illumination dull enough for low light in timber or night hunting on hogs. I don't want to worry about turrets getting bumped. I like being able to see my reticle on low power which is why I'm moving to a 2nd focal plane. I went through the Mil/MIL FFP phase and for my hunting something like the Trijicon Accupower 3-9 seems like a good fit. I just haven't heard anyone talk about them on the Fire.

Scott
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by TWR
...Alex at Eurooptic had the best prices I could find.

Nothing against the other vendors that sponsor forums and visit the Campfire, but Alex at EuroOptic is always my first stop when looking for an optic. I've been buying scopes from Alex since he would send me 1 or 2 scopes worth anywhere from $3000 to $5000, so I could look at them and decide which I wanted. That was an invaluable service. Unfortunately, he got burned by one too many thieves who didn't return his merchandise. Alex is good people and so are his employees.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by scottfromdallas

Anyone using one? The 3-9 Mil Square looks pretty interesting and has a street price of $550. Seems to check a lot of boxes for a hunting scope. I never see any mention of them on the forums,

I have the 1-8, its heavy but its a great scope.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I bought one and it's a REALLY nice hunting scope. Looks fantastic, glass is good, illumination is daylight bright when you crank it up to 11 which is very Spinal Tap. On 1-3 power it's very dim for night shooting, It tracked perfectly when sighting in. Mil Square reticle is very nice for hunting and target shooting. Both turrets are capped. The turrets are plastic and reset to zero without tools. The feel is a little mushy but this scope is not made for constant spinning but can easily be used for dialing a shot on a hunt. I'd most likely just use the reticle for a hold over.

Euro Optic has them the $462 and you get a free Badlands backpack. The scope is a fantastic value for the money.

Scott
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I have the Accupoint 3-9 with Mil Dot crosshairs and green dot on a T3 in .243. I use it on called coyotes and so far it has been excellent, quick to get on target, clear and bright. I keep the power set at 4x and have killed coyotes from 40 to 200 yds. I also have a 1- 4 on a Bushmaster AR with the red triangle but prefer the green dot.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
688 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 73 invisible), 2,826 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,634
Posts18,398,877
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.