Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
VinceM Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Hand rubbed,flat ground D2 blade I will have some available soon. Contact me to get on a short list thank you

[Linked Image]

GB1

VinceM Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't see a thumb stud or hole to assist in opening the blade. So what then, pull the Axis button and rely on gravity to open the blade? Flipping the blade open like that has to eventually be hard on the lock bar doesn't it? Other than that, it's a great looking blade and I'm sure it's a cutter. But $450 for a plastic handled $75 Benchmade? Seems like a lot of premium mark up just for that blade. A blade with no opening mechanism. What am I missing?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
VinceM Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Simply pinch the blade and open it. I can do a video if you'd like ?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I guess that works too. Doesn't that basically turn a one handed into a two hander? I don't much get the sense of it, but that's ok I'm sure somebody else will. Appreciate the offer of a video but that's not necessary.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B2

VinceM Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MOGC
I guess that works too. Doesn't that basically turn a one handed into a two hander? I don't much get the sense of it, but that's ok I'm sure somebody else will. Appreciate the offer of a video but that's not necessary.

I think,this is set up for a light weight,tough folding knife that has a good lock,that also has the blade of a much higher performing knife. Personally I don't need one hand opening,but with this knife I could flick it open if I needed to open it with one hand,I don't recommend that and I think you should do that with a stock model.
I definitely see your point about it being,no longer,a one hand opener though

The overall result of this knife,is that it has the general profile of a May knife . I'm not quoting Charlie,just some ideas that we discussed about this folder.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You can buy a Benchmade Gritillian custom with your choice of blade profiles and blade steels (including D2 and the vastly superior CPM4), your choice of opening mechanism for ~$130-160 (depending on your choices).

https://www.benchmade.com/griptilian-family.html?customize=1#/product/bmk-pro-grip-full

David

VinceM Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Canazes9
You can buy a Benchmade Gritillian custom with your choice of blade profiles and blade steels (including D2 and the vastly superior CPM4), your choice of opening mechanism for ~$130-160 (depending on your choices).

https://www.benchmade.com/griptilian-family.html?customize=1#/product/bmk-pro-grip-full

David

David they don't have the Charles May blade though,that's the one I want

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

David

Crap....I wish I hadn't seen that. All the options on blade shape, steel, blade/handle/hardware colors. I really need to stop reading the campfire.

VinceM Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

David

Crap....I wish I hadn't seen that. All the options on blade shape, steel, blade/handle/hardware colors. I really need to stop reading the campfire.

There's always gonna be more knives than money

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

480 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 55 invisible), 2,648 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,946
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.